PDA

View Full Version : How much are the hand-painted signs worth?

goRPaul
10-17-2007, 11:17 PM
If we're third in net primary cash on hand, what if we added all the signs we've put up nationwide? How much are they worth? $1 million? $5 million? Plus all the flyers we've handed out?

I can safely say that our grassroots effort puts us second only to Giuliani. He's the only frontrunner, and he's largely unelectable.

Primbs
10-17-2007, 11:25 PM
They are worth a lot. The former republican mayor of a very democratic Los Angeles used over 36,000 signs to help get his name out because the LA television is very expensive. Several thousand signs were the large 4 X 8 signs. The rest were yard signs.

Mailings and other grassroots activities were undertaken. About ten million dollars was spent.

If people see their neighbors with yard signs, they view that as a positive endorsement.

Though Ron Paul grassroots have made thousands of signs, we still have quite a ways to go to reach a saturation level comparable to the winning Republican race for Los Angele Mayor.

SlapItHigh
10-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Definitely worth a lot as are all the other supplies that we have purchased for the grassroots efforts.

specsaregood
10-17-2007, 11:42 PM
A lot has been spent outside the official campaign. My guess would be no less than $1 million and probably closer to $1.5 million, excluding man hours.

At the same time, I don't think it is a point to push, and I would not discuss this issue with anybody else that I didn't know for sure had spent as much as myself, as some may be looking for ways to screw over the grassroots efforts.

Tn...Andy
10-18-2007, 03:06 AM
You could take that question a couple different ways.

1. How much are they worth versus direct contributions to the campaign ?

Don't have a clue except on my personal basis, where I've spent close to a thousand on sign materials versus a couple hundred I've sent to the campaign.

2. How much are they worth in terms of getting Ron Paul's name out there ?

Nearly priceless, I'd say. I guarantee ya there are a lot more people in our area who know Ron Paul now versus 3-4 months ago !

Roxi
10-18-2007, 03:15 AM
hell maybe more than a million, because if half of the meetup groups have put out signs like we have then there has to be at least half a million signs floating around out there.. :)