PDA

View Full Version : ”You are still more Ron Paul than Sarah Palin?” Beck: “Yes I am”

Agorism
09-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Napolitano:"You are still more Ron Paul than Sarah Palin"

Beck: "Yes I am"

Priceless. We are going to need that video at the end of part 1 for the coming Presidential election.

Freedom Watch - Attacks On Common Sense 9/25/2010

Part 1: YouTube - Freedom Watch Part 1 - Attacks On Common Sense 9/25/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97K1IERMA4&feature=player_em)...

Part 2: YouTube - Freedom Watch Part 2 - Attacks On Common Sense 9/25/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMXFnrIEjoI&feature=player_em)...

Part 3: YouTube - Freedom Watch Part 3 - Attacks On Common Sense 9/25/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX-Hstjo3dE&feature=player_em)...

Part 4: YouTube - Freedom Watch Part 4 - Attacks On Common Sense 9/25/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1V7sFy1EVM&feature=player_em)...

newyearsrevolution08
09-26-2010, 12:22 AM
things change and people adapt

Matt Collins
09-26-2010, 12:38 AM
I still don't trust him after his coordinating with the Rick Perry campaign to torpedo Debra Medina in the race for TX Governor.

Actions will redeem himself with me, not words.

Wren
09-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Part 1: YouTube - Freedom Watch Part 1 - Attacks On Common Sense 9/25/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97K1IERMA4&feature=player_em)...

Saving this one for the campaign

axiomata
09-26-2010, 12:45 AM
I still don't trust him after his coordinating with the Rick Perry campaign to torpedo Debra Medina in the race for TX Governor.

I asked you last time you made this claim. Do you have proof of coordination?

xd9fan
09-26-2010, 01:10 AM

yep I'm right with you Matt!!

Its like sean Hannity and the California Gov race with Tom Mclintock and Arnold..........Hannity played the "we have to back the winable Rino" crap-card

nate895
09-26-2010, 01:15 AM
I think the thing with Beck is that he is somewhat gullible. He isn't gullible like the average American sheep, just trusting whatever the news media and government say. He is gullible like my dad: Whoever talks to them last convinces them of something. One moment my dad is bashing immigrants and Muslims. Next I set him straight and he realizes that I am right. A week later, he's at it again supporting the war for some reason, until I point out that we ought to oppose because of such and such. I can see the same traits in Beck. One moment we need to support our troops and the war and the Obama administration is undercutting it. The next he's against the war and we need to get out of there. The next week, he is going along with the GOP talking points on an issue. I mean, he just tosses and turns with the wind, sometimes in the same show.

Stary Hickory
09-26-2010, 01:16 AM

No of course not who needs proof when you can just make shit up and repeat it enough hoping it will become true.

nate895
09-26-2010, 01:18 AM
yep I'm right with you Matt!!

Its like sean Hannity and the California Gov race with Tom Mclintock and Arnold..........Hannity played the "we have to back the winable Rino" crap-card

I remember those results. I was so angry when I saw McClintock's percentage to Schwarzenegger's. Knowing a good two-thirds of the Schwarzenegger votes would have went straight into the McClintock camp, I was like "McClintock could have won:mad:"

Edit: How's he done in Congress? I remember we supported him here on RPF, but I haven't heard about him since.

silus
09-26-2010, 02:23 AM
I don't typically insult Glenn Beck, but that man should never mention the name Ron Paul. I find it utterly disgusting. What a fraud. How can the man sit there and liken himself to a man he looked down upon so recently. A man he ridiculed and outcast simply because of the types of people that supported him. This man is a snake. People want to talk about anti-christs, this man is a better candidate than anyone.

Matt Collins
09-26-2010, 02:30 AM
It's out there.

nate895
09-26-2010, 02:33 AM
I don't typically insult Glenn Beck, but that man should never mention the name Ron Paul. I find it utterly disgusting. What a fraud. How can the man sit there and liken himself to a man he looked down upon so recently. A man he ridiculed and outcast simply because of the types of people that supported him. This man is a snake. People want to talk about anti-christs, this man is a better candidate than anyone.

I think this is a ridiculous criticism. Just because you insulted someone in the past does not mean you cannot change your mind.

silus
09-26-2010, 02:55 AM
I think this is a ridiculous criticism. Just because you insulted someone in the past does not mean you cannot change your mind.
You're right, but then how do you gauge someones sincerity? That is exactly what the election cycle does. It draws out the true feelings and motivations of everyone. So its not as simple as changing your mind after the election is good and done, especially when you're dealing with someone with national influence. And just to add, we're not talking about a simple change of opinion. Glenn Beck suggested he could not support Dr. Paul simply because of certain people that already supported him. That is a coward, and cowards don't change their minds for real, substantive shifts in information.

Agorism
09-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Napolitano owes Beck for helping him get set up on Fox News basically.

Stary Hickory
09-26-2010, 05:31 AM
It's out there.

No it's not. It is just some person's mind wandering a little too creatively. Just like some of the irrational hatred I see on the forums for Beck, when he is by far one of the better personalities on TV. Yet we see Glenn beck attack posts routinely. If I mean we had a smidgen less Beck attacks and actually concentrated on the serious douchebags out there maybe something good could happen.

nobody's_hero
09-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Wow. Velma was a huge let-down. Not the woman I thought she was when she was giving the president a wake-up call.

"I definitely think the president listens to the American people." --ugh. :(

V4Vendetta
09-26-2010, 07:34 AM
good thread - good episode with the judge also

FrankRep
09-26-2010, 07:42 AM

He said he received a ton of calls saying Debra Medina is a 9/11 Truther. Glenn Beck asked her straight up: Are You a 9/11 Truther? - She didn't answer the question. Glenn Beck Slammed her for it. Debra Medina dropped the ball and sabotaged herself. Beck has no tolerance for 9/11 Truthers.

I say this as a Debra Medina supporter. I support Medina.

Agorism
09-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Nothing seems to get people fired up like talking about Glen Beck heh.

LauraB
09-26-2010, 08:29 AM
honey, honey, honey, POISON, honey, honey..............

FreeTraveler
09-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Actions speak louder than words. When he stops channeling Sarah Palin and starts sounding like Ron Paul, maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to make that claim without his nose growing.

james1906
09-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Wow. Velma was a huge let-down. Not the woman I thought she was when she was giving the president a wake-up call.

"I definitely think the president listens to the American people." --ugh. :(

Agreed. I wonder if the NSA had a word with her.

nobody's_hero
09-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Agreed. I wonder if the NSA had a word with her.

Either that or a checkbook had a word with her.

kahless
09-26-2010, 10:19 AM

^This and his 2% VAT tax proposal.

Jordan
09-26-2010, 10:40 AM
He said he received a ton of calls saying Debra Medina is a 9/11 Truther. Glenn Beck asked her straight up: Are You a 9/11 Truther? - She didn't answer the question. Glenn Beck Slammed her for it. Debra Medina dropped the ball and sabotaged herself. Beck has no tolerance for 9/11 Truthers.

I can only imagine the volume of calls in support of Medina that also mentioned the NWO, 9/11 truth, the Illuminati, etc.

Truthers don't ever STFU. If they did, their politicians might stand a chance in hell at winning.

payme_rick
09-26-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't want to dredge up the Medina interview, FrankRep, and agree she did fail on answering the question, BUT what about his TV show the following days when he had her at the extreme right on some circle graph/line whatever it was? Even mentioning Nazis to describe how crazy "those" people were? He totally ignored her release THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW saying she was NOT a truther etc... and CONTINUED to trash her as if she was some national leader he needed to bring down... She was little Debra Medina, not a Van Jones who had a foot in the door of the White House... What need was there to continue to bring her down?

Knowing who Pat Gray's boss was in Houston, Dan Patrick, it's hard to deny he didn't call in a favor... Patrick is a state senator who runs a radio station that is heavily in favor of Perry, they're boys...

kahless
09-26-2010, 10:50 AM

It is a bogus question since people have their own definition as to what that is. It could mean anything from believing government involvment or lesser degrees such as investigating intentional negligence to as little as wanting a new investigation to answer questions as does his hereo Sarah Palin.

She answered it like a politician answers questions:

"Well there is lots of mud that people would like to throw at Debra Medina and make it stick.
Thats the first time I heard that accusation, (Medina laughter), that is an interesting one.

"I do not have all the evidence there, Glenn. So I don't..., I am not in a place... I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised. Uh, there are some very good arguments and I think the people have not seen all the evidence there. So I've not taken a position on that.".

Beck - Medina interview
YouTube - Glenn Beck and Debra Medina Interview 2.11.10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENEfvrAS_K8)

Debra Medina's Post Glenn Beck Interview Comments

No I am not questioning but I want to champion others right to question. It was a difficult interview and apparently there were some things going on air that I was not hearing in my ear. It is what it is...Certainly Kay and Rick would like to get me off track...

YouTube - Debra Medina's Post Glenn Beck Interview Comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_2z7M8IwdA&feature=related)

Bergie Bergeron
09-26-2010, 10:51 AM
In b4 sofia:
CIA TRAITOR ! SHEEP ! MINDLESS ROBOT ! CONSPIRACY !

freshjiva
09-26-2010, 11:09 AM

I ridiculed Ron Paul in 2008. I supported the Iraqi surge, more intervention, and was a cheerleader for Israel. A bigger neocon could not be found.

But I educated myself, and I changed. Now, a bigger supporter of Ron Paul and Liberty could not be found.

Am I a snake?

Matt Collins
09-26-2010, 12:13 PM
No it's not. It is just some person's mind wandering a little too creatively. I have it on good authority that the proof exists. I'll leave it at that.

I say this as a Debra Medina supporter. I support Medina.Oh there is no question he set a trap, but yes she sadly sprung it :(

kahless
09-26-2010, 12:20 PM
I have it on good authority that the proof exists. I'll leave it at that.

I forget his name, but I remember streaming a talk show host on Beck's affiliate in Texas that spent his program claiming that they had proof Beck's people were manipulating her audio. If I remember correctly Beck was hosting at the local TX affiliate that day.

Oh there is no question he set a trap, but yes she sadly sprung it :(

You can take any interview and make something sinister out of it. Beck's spin and how AP reported the interview did not reflect the actual contents of the interview that I posted above. I thought she gave a pretty fair response that did not come off like she was some sort of kook as Beck had spun it.

HOLLYWOOD
09-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Glen Beck is Puppet to his Money Masters and totally full of Establishment shit... look beyond his Halloween mask.

First 2 minutes of the video says it all...
YouTube - Glenn Beck - Ron Paul - Terrorism? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo)

JK/SEA
09-26-2010, 01:26 PM
honey, honey, honey, POISON, honey, honey..............

Good 1st post...!:)...its more like honey poison honey poison now. Very manic. Still not sure what effect Beck's agenda is having on sheep. I guess we'll have a better idea in about 30 days.

TroySmith
09-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I ridiculed Ron Paul in 2008. I supported the Iraqi surge, more intervention, and was a cheerleader for Israel. A bigger neocon could not be found.

But I educated myself, and I changed. Now, a bigger supporter of Ron Paul and Liberty could not be found.

Am I a snake?

By the logic of many on this forum, yes :)

Glad to see you came around though. I used to be a liberal before I found Ayn Rand then later Ron Paul.

Toureg89
09-26-2010, 02:44 PM
can you imagine the potential for getting RP elected if Beck backed him with media coverage during the election...

nate895
09-26-2010, 02:46 PM
can you imagine the potential for getting RP elected if Beck backed him with media coverage during the election...

I could see him skyrocketing to front runner status for the Republican side, but if the endorsement were to happen today, he might lose credibility with the general electorate. That might change by 2011,, however.

JK/SEA
09-26-2010, 03:04 PM

The guy who writes Becks payroll checks might have something to say about that...

FrankRep
09-26-2010, 03:09 PM
The guy who writes Becks payroll checks might have something to say about that...

Judge Napolitano gets his payroll checks from the same people.

Uriel999
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
In b4 sofia:
CIA TRAITOR ! SHEEP ! MINDLESS ROBOT ! CONSPIRACY !

you forgot JOOS!!!! :D

speciallyblend
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM

kinda how i feel!

erowe1
09-26-2010, 03:24 PM
I could see him skyrocketing to front runner status for the Republican side.

I can't see him skyrocketing to front runner status under any circumstances. A Beck endorsement would help him in the GOP primary for sure, but not enough to counteract the no-holds-barred onslaught that would ensue once he became a contender. I think it would also ruin Beck's career.

Fr3shjive
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM

+1

pcosmar
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Judge Napolitano gets his payroll checks from the same people.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out in the next 2 years.
As I remember his role there was pretty limited last time.
;)

nate895
09-26-2010, 03:31 PM
I can't see him skyrocketing to front runner status under any circumstances. A Beck endorsement would help him in the GOP primary for sure, but not enough to counteract the no-holds-barred onslaught that would ensue once he became a contender. I think it would also ruin Beck's career.

That's why we need to support my attack organization idea. Paul doesn't have much scandal in him. The rest of the chumps probably have tons political snafus ripe for bashing them in a GOP primary.

georgiaboy
09-26-2010, 03:34 PM

Am I a snake?

By the logic of many on this forum, yes :)

Glad to see you came around though. I used to be a liberal before I found Ayn Rand then later Ron Paul.

FJ, since you're able to honestly admit to changing your opinion and hopefully endorsing and voting accordingly -- no, you're not a snake. Glenn Beck, however, has shown himself over the years to be unreliable in practicing what he preaches, and by that, I mean endorsing viable candidates who most closely align with his stated principles. Ron Paul in 2008 was a classic example, and there are others.

Troy, I see your smiling smilie, but really - do you think many on this forum judge others as "once a neocon, always a neocon", or "once a liberal always a liberal"? That couldn't be further from the truth. Most on this forum have undergone a similar transition described by FJ above, so we more than anyone else embrace conversion. We do expect the conversion to result in a change in actions, not just a change in words, though. Maybe you're stumbling over our desire for integrity?

TNforPaul45
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
No it's not. It is just some person's mind wandering a little too creatively. Just like some of the irrational hatred I see on the forums for Beck, when he is by far one of the better personalities on TV. Yet we see Glenn beck attack posts routinely. If I mean we had a smidgen less Beck attacks and actually concentrated on the serious douchebags out there maybe something good could happen.

Stary,

Beck IS THE CRITICALLY serious douchebag that we need to focus on right now, with one or two others following close behind. Beck has become the voice of the GOP Tea Party. He has become the voice of the "New Establishment." New Boss same as the Old.

Have you noticed what has happened over the past 2 years or so. Ron Paul sparked a fresh fire of liberty in the hearts and minds among a small but fast growing population of the American People. This fire was dangerous to the Political Establishment because it was something that they could not compete with on an honest level, and because those liberty-minded folks saw through their games, they could not compete with it on a dishonest level.

So what do you do when you cannot put out a fire? You redirect it and let it die down on its own. And that is EXACTLY what the GOP has done with the GOP Tea Party. They saw the fire coming, knew they had no power against it if left unmitigated, so what did they do? They lifted up Palin and Beck as the Face and Voice(spirit) of the GOP Tea Party. These two have been going around, spewing Liberty-Lite, and have redirected the fire. As people woke up and became angry, the Establishment has given them "familiar faces" to rally behind, familiar faces that are now speaking like these awakened people are.

Of course, these GOP Tea Party leaders would NEVER dare to lead them as far into Liberty as someone like Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Lew Rockwell, Judge Napolitano, etc. would. But they lead them only so far, give them a refreshing drink or two of water, then lock them back up in the cages when they have leveraged the anger far enough, and presented the same Political Paradigm as the "New Solution" the angered masses were looking for.

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY Glenn Beck is such an important Douchebag to focus on. Because he is a ---> conduit <--- for the mechanism through which innocent, liberty loving, newly awakened sheeple are being led through, and lied to, back to the same pen they thought they had left. He is ACTIVELY fooling everyone. He is establishing an emotional connection with these people, they are putting their trust in him, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, he is establishing Liberty Minded Principles = GOP.

And Guess What? When the GOP screws us again, then the playing field will be smeared for us. When we try and use Liberty, those same people that were led into the GOP tea party will say "That's what the last Beck said, we're not fooling for it this time!"

They are wearing a mask of Liberty, over a face of establishment, so that when they screw us further, the idea of Liberty will be damaged, and they will just put on another mask.

This is the essence of the battle.

This is why that ideologically, Beck must be shown and remembered as a fraud. But I fear it may be too late. They almost have their base in place, and once the poor people are fooled back into a political alignment, in that false paradigm, then their self-held ideas (which are going to be twisted ideas of Liberty) will be unassailable (as is issues on the War and 9/11 to them now.)

We are fighting for the future efficacy of Liberty Minded Principles!!!

payme_rick
09-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Georgiaboy hits the nail on the head, it's the actions we're looking for... We welcome change but actions speak louder than words and Beck has yet to show the actions we're looking for...

silus
09-26-2010, 03:56 PM

That is just complete bs. First off, he attempted to do the same thing with Ron Paul. Ron Paul denied he was a truther or that there was any government conspiracy. Yet Glenn Beck still never accepted his answer and continued to paint him in the truther/conspiracy light in countless radio and tv shows. Glenn Beck refused to separate Ron Paul's beliefs from some of his supporters, which is also a reason why Glenn Beck stated he could not support Dr. Paul. This isn't a man that operates off principle.

FrankRep
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Glenn Beck stated he could not support Dr. Paul.

Glenn Beck doesn't support Ron Paul because of Foreign Policy.

pcosmar
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM

:D
Ok, lets keep whittling away.
Why? if he claims to be a "libertarian" and a "constitutionalist" How can he possibly accept the present Foreign Policy?

I don't think Beck is Honest about anything.
I am wondering how anyone else can reconcile the inconsistency.

silus
09-26-2010, 04:10 PM
With all due respect, don't be naive. There is no clear rhyme or reason into who he supports, and I highly doubt he would support Ron Paul with another foreign policy.

FrankRep
09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
:D
Ok, lets keep whittling away.
Why? if he claims to be a "libertarian" and a "constitutionalist" How can he possibly accept the present Foreign Policy?

Glenn Beck has described himself as a conservative with libertarian leanings. [1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck#cite_note-Hunter-3)][2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck#cite_note-25)]

No one called him a "Libertarian Purist".

TroySmith
09-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Troy, I see your smiling smilie, but really - do you think many on this forum judge others as "once a neocon, always a neocon", or "once a liberal always a liberal"? That couldn't be further from the truth. Most on this forum have undergone a similar transition described by FJ above, so we more than anyone else embrace conversion. We do expect the conversion to result in a change in actions, not just a change in words, though. Maybe you're stumbling over our desire for integrity?

I've been on the board a couple years now and yes I do think that mentality comes from many on here, but certainly not all. It's almost a sense of perverted elitism. I just find the Glenn Beck hate to be irrational. Clearly, in 2007 Beck was not on the libertarian ship while on Headline News. However, it's painfully obvious that he is no longer a hawkish neo-con. I just feel if more people acted like Judge Napolitano or Stossel and worked to convert people in a sincere rational way we would be in a lot better shape. Instead we hear so much of "honey honey poison" or "CIA controlled drone snake trying to co-opt the Tea Party etc etc".

Again, not everyone on here does it, but enough do to prevent real discussions. The guy promotes people like Rand, Hayek, Coolidge and the Founding Fathers and rips apart progressives on the right and left. Only the Judge and Stossel are doing this on national TV, but Beck has more influence than the two of them combined x 1000. As of right now, he is one of the biggest promoters of liberty in America.

silus
09-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Glenn Beck has described himself as a conservative with libertarian leanings. [1][2]

What is more destructive to our nation, the welfare state or maintaining and expanding our influence and control throughout the world?

Does it really matter that you address one and not the other??

pcosmar
09-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Glenn Beck has described himself as

Exactly.

And I describe him as.

propagandist

prop·a·gan·dist
   /ˌprɒpəˈgændɪst/ [prop-uh-gan-dist]
–noun
1. a person involved in producing or spreading propaganda.
2. a member or agent of a propaganda.

FrankRep
09-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Glenn Beck has described himself as a conservative with libertarian leanings. [1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck#cite_note-Hunter-3)][2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck#cite_note-25)]

And I describe him as.

propagandist

What kind of propaganda has Glenn Beck been spreading?

pcosmar
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
What kind of propaganda has Glenn Beck been spreading?

The false Left/right paradigm.
The "war" on terrists. and war in general. ( winning an winnable war against a tactic)
Division ( promoting it)

I am not sure of his present game. And I don't watch TV as a rule.
Most I see is Anti-Obama (like he is really the problem) anti-Dems

I have not seen him come out and refute the Bullshit Fox has been broadcasting about Iran or of the speech given recently. But then I don't watch him like he is some kind of authority about anything. And I wouldn't expect it.

Has he?

FrankRep
09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
The false Left/right paradigm.

Glenn Beck Discovers Carroll Quigley! - False Paradigm of Political Parties
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256057

The "war" on terrorists. and war in general. ( winning an winnable war against a tactic) Division ( promoting it)

Yes, we've established he is wrong of Foreign Policy. He doesn't understand that interventionism only makes the problem bigger and that the "war on terrorism" can never be won. When terrorism only gets stronger Glenn Beck will be forced to admit he was wrong.

Most I see is Anti-Obama (like he is really the problem) anti-Dems

You don't watch his show so you don't know what he talks about.

georgiaboy
09-26-2010, 05:02 PM
I've been on the board a couple years now and yes I do think that mentality comes from many on here, but certainly not all. It's almost a sense of perverted elitism. I just find the Glenn Beck hate to be irrational. Clearly, in 2007 Beck was not on the libertarian ship while on Headline News. However, it's painfully obvious that he is no longer a hawkish neo-con. I just feel if more people acted like Judge Napolitano or Stossel and worked to convert people in a sincere rational way we would be in a lot better shape. Instead we hear so much of "honey honey poison" or "CIA controlled drone snake trying to co-opt the Tea Party etc etc".

Again, not everyone on here does it, but enough do to prevent real discussions. The guy promotes people like Rand, Hayek, Coolidge and the Founding Fathers and rips apart progressives on the right and left. Only the Judge and Stossel are doing this on national TV, but Beck has more influence than the two of them combined x 1000. As of right now, he is one of the biggest promoters of liberty in America.

Ok. It's opposite day on our perceptions of the board and GB in so many ways.

pcosmar
09-26-2010, 05:10 PM
[B]

You don't watch his show so you don't know what he talks about.

This is true.
I don't. I hear of someone promoting him as the next best thing since buttered bread and I look. I listen to what he says. I also don't take that in a vacuum. What else is being broadcast.
What has he said before.
I don't trust any of the MSM. It is not just Beck.
There are bits of information to be gained from all of them, But there is also an agenda being promoted BY ALL OF THEM.

Just cause they throw you a bone does not make them a friend.
I also understand bait. Used by hunters for years.
and a sales tactic called Bait and Switch.

I am cautious.

Brett85
09-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't understand all of this hate for Glenn Beck. He's probably the most libertarian talk show host on cable TV other than the Judge and John Stossel. And regardless of what people say, he does at least lean to the non interventionist side on foreign policy issues. Go watch the episode where he had the CATO guys on where he talked about closing down our foreign military bases.

LauraB
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Good 1st post...!:)...its more like honey poison honey poison now. Very manic. Still not sure what effect Beck's agenda is having on sheep. I guess we'll have a better idea in about 30 days.

thanks, long time lurker...... It was not original to me, cannot remember where I heard someone say it referencing beck, heck it was probably someone here! what can one say about beck?....i suppose he is a "useful idiot" as you cannot expose people to that much talk of liberty and lost freedoms without them wanting more information, soon enough beck won't be enough for the tea partiers and they will find Ron Paul's message. If your looking for liberty....you WILL eventually come to Ron Paul.

TC95
09-26-2010, 09:25 PM
We'll see if he's more Paul than Palin when they both run for 2012.

Wren
09-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't understand all of this hate for Glenn Beck. He's probably the most libertarian talk show host on cable TV other than the Judge and John Stossel. And regardless of what people say, he does at least lean to the non interventionist side on foreign policy issues. Go watch the episode where he had the CATO guys on where he talked about closing down our foreign military bases.

The hatred comes from beck's inconsistency and past Ron Paul bashing.

kahless
09-26-2010, 10:33 PM

The hatred comes from beck's inconsistency and past Ron Paul bashing.

^This. To add, he also favors establishment candidates over candidates more in-line with his new found beliefs. Proposing a 2% VAT on everything and destroying the campaign of a candidate that proposed to eliminate property taxes makes him far from being Libertarian.

A few of us here have the feeling he is only establishing himself as a Libertarian to herd everyone back into the Neocon Republican establishment fold. I think Beck is going to go which ever way the wind blows and right now he is playing both sides. If the voter and the Tea party folks do not again fall for backing establishment candidates and the Republican establishment - Neocons fall further out of power you likely can expect Glenn to move further Libertarian.

Beck - Perry Conspired to Setup Medina
http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/medina_setup__5310.html

What the world never learned, according to attorney Rogers, was that Ms. Medina’s headset was mysteriously silenced for the few seconds during the hoopla and Beck’s remark about it being a “Yes,” and she never heard either. For that reason, she could not counter, and her inadequate reply that followed then made her appear to be waffling and indecisive.

Seven minutes after the interview ended, Gov. Perry’s automatic computer phones began to dial thousands of voters all across the state of Texas. His voice then began to belittle Ms. Medina for her “wayout and fringe” beliefs that 9-11 was an “inside job” etc. Because of the brief time between the broadcast and the calls, it was immediately evident to Rogers that such an elaborate production would not have been possible unless it had been prepared prior to the radio show.

Further significance of Beck’s subterfuge was his final on-air comment, jubilantly addressing Perry: “Rick, I think you and I could French-kiss right now!”

cindy25
09-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Beck could cause Palin, or Ryan or someone unknown to flip on the war.

FrankRep
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Proposing a 2% VAT on everything and destroying the campaign of a candidate that proposed to eliminate property taxes makes him far from being Libertarian.

Glenn Beck is Anti-VAT and Anti-IMF. Read below.

Glenn Beck in April 2010:

BECK: We're gonna talk about it tonight. Again the government, the IMF is starting to push everything up to a glob -- they're now talking about a global V-A-T tax. Do you have any concept of the amount of money a global tax would -- would create? Who's getting that money? The IMF? Name the IMF. Name the Fed. Name the people who are involved in the Fed. You can't. It's secret.

BECK: You're going to collect a global tax and give it to the IMF? Do you know what kind of prison is built for every free man on the planet with that kind of money? My gosh. They're pushing it up. I told you they would do this, they're gonna push it up to the globe. The answer, I said lies closest with you. Push it down, get it closer to you. I was wrong, push it to you. You. You make the difference in your own life.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201004210054
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/05/06/beck_miranda_imf/index.html

kahless
09-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Glenn Beck is Anti-VAT and Anti-IMF. Read below.

Glen Beck on the O'Reilly factor 12/4/09 proposing a "2% VAT on tax on", "on absolutely everything".

YouTube - Bankster Shills GLENN BECK & BILL O'REILLY Call For MORE TAXES On The AMERICAN PEOPLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRZgIL-hUk)

Get this video while you can since FNC keeps pulling it down. This was the only one I could find now, there used to be many more copies of it on youtube.

AuH20
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Glen Beck on the O'Reilly factor 12/4/09 proposing a "2% VAT on tax on", "on absolutely everything".

YouTube - Bankster Shills GLENN BECK & BILL O'REILLY Call For MORE TAXES On The AMERICAN PEOPLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRZgIL-hUk)

Get this video while you can since FNC keeps pulling it down. This was the only one I could find now, there used to be many more copies of it on youtube.

1:40 mark. He clearly says any VAT tax would be CONTINGENT on the passage of a balanced budget amendment. In other words, pigs will fly. I'm not necessarily criticizing you but it's amazing how adamant people are to slander Beck that they go as far to actually alter the facts and take him out of context. If people want to bang him on being aggressive with Iran, there probably is footage of him saying so. But this is the type of slander which should not enter the discussion.

Brett85
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
^This. To add, he also favors establishment candidates over candidates more in-line with his new found beliefs. Proposing a 2% VAT on everything and destroying the campaign of a candidate that proposed to eliminate property taxes makes him far from being Libertarian.

A few of us here have the feeling he is only establishing himself as a Libertarian to herd everyone back into the Neocon Republican establishment fold. I think Beck is going to go which ever way the wind blows and right now he is playing both sides. If the voter and the Tea party folks do not again fall for backing establishment candidates and the Republican establishment - Neocons fall further out of power you likely can expect Glenn to move further Libertarian.

Beck - Perry Conspired to Setup Medina
http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/medina_setup__5310.html

I consider myself to be a libertarian conservative and generally believe in a non interventionalist foreign policy, but I won't ever support candidates who believe that 9-11 was an inside job or believe that it may have been an inside job. Beck asked Medina a softball question, and she should have made it clear that she rejected all of the 9-11 conspiracy theories. That interview should have went like this.

Beck: Do you believe that the government was involved in bringing down the World Trade Center Towers?

Medina: No, of course not. That's an outrageous idea that every American should reject.

pcosmar
09-27-2010, 04:08 PM
That interview should have went like this.

Beck: Do you believe that the government was involved in Drugging Americans against their will or Child Prostitution.
Medina: No, of course not. That's an outrageous idea that every American should reject.
I would have liked to see that. But I think Medina's answer would have been different.
You really Do love our deeply corrupt government. Don't you.

kahless
09-27-2010, 04:10 PM
1:40 mark. He clearly says any VAT tax is CONTINGENT on a balanced budget amendment. In other words, pigs will fly. I'm not necessarily criticizing you but it's amazing how adamant people are to slander Beck that they go as far to actually alter the facts and take him out of context. If people want to bang him on being aggressive with Iran, there probably is footage on him saying so. But this is the type of slander which should not enter the discussion.

How do you twist that to be slander since he clearly states it will be a "2% VAT tax on everything". This tax would hurt everyone no matter the economic status.

There would also be all these special circumstances that would override a balanced budget amendment (i.e. perpetual wars, natural disasters, economic disasters i.e bailouts). What they also could do to get around cutting spending and reducing the size of government is just increasing the size of the budget.

The reality is we would end up with a VAT before we end up with a balanced budget amendment. On top of that the VAT would likely continue to increase. Even if they got a balanced budget amendment through to our liking, I can see it eventually being overridden by a future Democrat control congress while keeping the VAT in place.

AuH20
09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
How do you twist that to be slander since he clearly states it will be a "2% VAT tax on everything". This tax would hurt everyone no matter the economic status.

There would also be all these special circumstances that would override a balanced budget amendment (i.e. perpetual wars, natural disasters, economic disasters i.e bailouts). What they also could do to get around cutting spending and reducing the size of government is just increasing the size of the budget.

The reality is we would end up with a VAT before we end up with a balanced budget amendment. On top of that the VAT would go likely continue to increase. Even if they got a balanced budget amendment through, I can see it eventually being overridden by a future Democrat control congress while keeping the VAT in place.

We will never see a balanced budget amendment, even a diluted one, in our lifetime. I think Beck knew that when he proposed his endorsement of a 2% VAT IF the government was serious about combating the deficit, but they aren't. He was talking theoretically, which isn't such an outlandish idea in relation to the ridiculous half-measures which have been pushed forth by the political class. It's pretty clear to me that the deficit situation has grown so cumbersome that it has the potential to wipe out entire classes of our society, if it is not immediately addressed.

thasre
09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
I think the thing with Beck is that he is somewhat gullible. He isn't gullible like the average American sheep, just trusting whatever the news media and government say. He is gullible like my dad: Whoever talks to them last convinces them of something. One moment my dad is bashing immigrants and Muslims. Next I set him straight and he realizes that I am right. A week later, he's at it again supporting the war for some reason, until I point out that we ought to oppose because of such and such. I can see the same traits in Beck. One moment we need to support our troops and the war and the Obama administration is undercutting it. The next he's against the war and we need to get out of there. The next week, he is going along with the GOP talking points on an issue. I mean, he just tosses and turns with the wind, sometimes in the same show.

I didn't know my brother was your dad, lol. That's exactly how my brother is. He'll be like, "Oh, I read Ron Paul's book and I totally agreed with it!" and then a week later he's like, "Oh, and I watched Michael Moore's documentary and I think capitalism is evil."

kahless
09-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I consider myself to be a libertarian conservative and generally believe in a non interventionalist foreign policy, but I won't ever support candidates who believe that 9-11 was an inside job or believe that it may have been an inside job. Beck asked Medina a softball question, and she should have made it clear that she rejected all of the 9-11 conspiracy theories. That interview should have went like this.

Beck: Do you believe that the government was involved in bringing down the World Trade Center Towers?

She was running for governor of TX not NY state or President of the US. So the question was irrelevant. Secondly 9/11 truth does not necessarily mean you believe it was an "inside job". That propaganda was created by those that are trying to slander that movement.

I am also not one of those "Bush - inside job" people and always get crap in this forum because I think that movement should not be associated with Ron Paul. I do however think that they raise some pretty good questions in some areas that warrant a new investigation. This is exactly what Glenn Beck's hereo Sarah Palin has stated. But he does not interrogate or try to destroy Sarah Palin efforts for holding that same view.

Here were her responses that I was satisified with. She clearly laughs and said she never heard of that accusation before.

"Well there is lots of mud that people would like to throw at Debra Medina and make it stick.
Thats the first time I heard that accusation, (Medina laughter), that is an interesting one.

"I do not have all the evidence there, Glenn. So I don't..., I am not in a place... I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised. Uh, there are some very good arguments and I think the people have not seen all the evidence there. So I've not taken a position on that.".

After the interview she, her people and reported by staff at the station Beck was on claimed the audio was being manipulated so she could not hear Beck's response. If you listen to the audio that seems pretty clear they were muting the audio so she could not hear them. How also do you explain the Rick Perry robo calls that went out covering it within minutes after that interview. It was a setup.

I agree with what Beck's states in his programs to QUESTION EVERYTHING. Hypocritical how that applies to everything but 9/11.

Brett85
09-27-2010, 05:00 PM
I would have liked to see that. But I think Medina's answer would have been different.
You really Do love our deeply corrupt government. Don't you.

No, but I don't have such an irrational hatred towards our own government that I believe they were actually behind the mass slaughter on 9-11. I'm not somebody who wants to abolish the entire federal government. I just want the federal government to stay within the confines of the Constitution.

pcosmar
09-27-2010, 05:09 PM
No, but I don't have such an irrational hatred towards our own government that I believe they were actually behind the mass slaughter on 9-11. I'm not somebody who wants to abolish the entire federal government. I just want the federal government to stay within the confines of the Constitution.

I have NEVER said that it was an inside job. I do think that some were involved.
I do know that the Official Investigation was a deliberate Sham. Hence NO Investigation was ever really done.
I know that there is a history of prior incidents where great evil was done deliberately by our government. A long and deeply disturbing history of criminal activity.
Why should I trust them on this?