PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to get from this election?

klamath
09-25-2010, 10:44 PM
My hopes were never really that high for real change. I hope to get a small block of Demint style republicans and maybe one or two if we are lucky RP like republicans elected. With this small block we might be able to throw the monkey wrench in the agendas of both the neocons and progressives.
I was hoping to to get a republican majority in congress not because I believe that the run of the mill republicans have an agenda I want but for pure gridlock. No they won't be able to repeal Obama care because they could never get past a veto. No they couldn't pass their own stupid health care plan because they could never get past a veto there as well. Gridlock. If the democrats retain control I am quite certain that Cap N trade will become reality and maybe another stimulus bill and probably tax increase to bring the deficit down.

Unfortunately this election is real important. If most of the tea party people get defeated rest assured that the GOP electorate WILL be playing it safe next time and nominating standard republicans. If Rand is defeated RP can kiss all chances away in 12.

The way I am reading the polls right now the electorate is trending back toward the democrats at this point. This very well may not end up being the big blow out against the democrats that everyone thought was going to happen.

What do you hope for this election? I am talking reallistically not what you wish but what one can best expect in todays environment.

Philhelm
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, there are many things that I hope for, but I think the electorate is too far gone. My most realistic hope, and I even doubt this, is that if the Republicans come back into power, that those who are angry will not fall asleep just because the Democrats are reigned in. Failing that, I hope for complete economic collapse, a blatant police state, and a bloody war with Iran; sadly, perhaps that's the only way that people will awaken.

Kludge
09-26-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm starting to consider whether or not the fluffy-puff Pledge to America was purposeful sabotage of the GOP. Bad move.

I only hope to get more principled speakers some air time and the credibility which comes with the position of a government official (well, credibility from people other than ourselves, generally). I don't believe we'll see any change (even if all our candidates win) from DC in the next couple years as the Statist Party will continue to push bills Americans don't want. You make good points regarding the veto -- I don't think many people consider that repealing a bill is dramatically more difficult than enacting it when the same president's in power.

I think Rand, Bradley, and Amash are all fairly certain wins barring devastating news, and that the only candidate who's really in a tight spot is Lawson, but whose chances are unprecedentedly better than in 2008.

GunnyFreedom
09-26-2010, 12:13 AM
The Democrat Party orgs are turning on the cash faucet right now. That will of course have an effect. I think things will get worse before it gets better, but there will be another rebound before November. People just don't want slick incumbents right now. TP candidates need to press on pressing the flesh and the phones and let people know they are not the incumbent.

pcosmar
09-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Nothing.

I could also hope that things don't get worse, but that is asking too much.

:(

youngbuck
09-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Nothing.

I could also hope that things don't get worse, but that is asking too much.

:(

That's exactly what I was going to reply with; the words may have been slightly different.

cindy25
09-26-2010, 01:06 AM
divided government

newyearsrevolution08
09-26-2010, 01:36 AM
not sure what I want from this exact election cycle personally. Right now I am focusing on getting property and everything in order to finally have my off grid living area all my own.

I don't see single candidates doing a damn thing unless the people are willing to stand up and back them up especially on serious topics.

wars
fed reserve
health
public schooling
taxes
immigration
economy
personal liberties

so much needs REAL CHANGE that I just can't wrap my head around anything happening in this election doing a damn thing that would actually help us move towards our end goal.

soon we will have repubs taking charge and odds are soon back to their old bullshit. Then there will be a ton of people bashing repubs and this damn cycle just continues to repeat.

repubs did it to us!
dem gets elected
dems did it to us!
repub gets elected

rinse and repeat until people wake up, our country collapses or they finally get us where they want us which is 100% dependant on our government and happy with ANYTHING that gets handed to us.

no actual wealth for the regular folk and continue to struggle for generations

Southron
09-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Glen Bradley elected.

Agorism
09-26-2010, 07:57 AM
A good laugh

klamath
09-26-2010, 09:01 AM
The Democrat Party orgs are turning on the cash faucet right now. That will of course have an effect. I think things will get worse before it gets better, but there will be another rebound before November. People just don't want slick incumbents right now. TP candidates need to press on pressing the flesh and the phones and let people know they are not the incumbent.

Keep at it Gunny.

JohnEngland
09-26-2010, 10:21 AM
If Rand Paul wins his election, he'll become one of the most high-profile Senators - simply because of his uniqueness.

Because of that, should he win, I hope he writes a book - it'll get plenty of attention and help spread the liberty message.

So, my hope from this election is that Senator Rand Paul gets a book deal :p

Koz
09-26-2010, 11:26 AM
gridlock

Sola_Fide
09-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Gridlock.

brandon
09-26-2010, 11:37 AM
mild entertainment?

Travlyr
09-26-2010, 11:48 AM
I hope to get at least two new politicians elected to office who support the U.S. Constitution by purchasing the penal bond which binds them to their Oath of Office.
Glen Bradley (http://glenbradley.net/)
Kenneth Gomez (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=261101)

It would be awesome to get a high level principled judge to do the same.

THE PURPOSE OF A PENAL BOND BINDING A PUBLIC OFFICE HOLDER TO THE PROMISES CONTAINED IN THE OATH OF OFFICE

NMSA 10-2-9: Each and every person who may hereafter be elected or appointed to office in New Mexico, is required by law to give bond, shall file the same for record before entering upon the discharge of the duties of the office.

All persons elected or appointed to a state public office are mandated, within 30 days, to take the oath of office prescribed under Article XX, Section 1, Constitution of New Mexico, and as soon after doing so within the 30 day grace period, they must give a signed penal bond binding them to the promises contained in the oath taken; otherwise, the office becomes vacant. At the end of the 30 day grace period, failure to complete any of the required steps necessary to enter the office prevents one's entry into the office and prohibits one from discharging the duties of that office and denies one from being impeached from office. Being bound by oath is mandated for all public officers, both state and federal, by Article VI, Clause 3, Constitution of the United States.

Upon giving a signed penal bond and upon having evidence of both the oath taken and the bond given is recorded among the Records in the Office of the Secretary of State, the person elected or appointed to public office then becomes eligible to take the office to which they were appointed or elected and thereafter, and only thereafter, to discharge the duties of that office.

By taking the oath of office, one initiates a common law contract with the public at-large. Upon presenting the evidence of the oath taken and the signed penal bond given for recording, the oath taker becomes bound by the penal bond to the promises contained within the oath. At that point, the contract is consummated since the bond recorded becomes the oath taker's consideration to the general public, which is then matched by a grant of the public's trust as their consideration for the contract, and that trust is exercised only from within the office held.

An abuse of office does not withdraw the public trust as the law covering the duties of office applies. Only a failure to keep the promises made upon taking the oath is the essential fact necessary to withdraws the public trust which is accomplished simply by calling the bond from the Office of the Secretary of State with the proof of the breach. The penal bond insurer is then required to pay the value of the bond to the State Treasury. The insurer may then seek relief for having paid off the bond proceeds in a court of law against its offender, the penal bond holder. Upon entering office, the office holder may, at times, abuse the office by a deliberate act at which time the liability insurance coverage for the office, not the person, may compensate the injured party in a tort action.

Anti Federalist
09-26-2010, 11:55 AM
What do you hope to get from this election?

Hives...

Seriously, a Rand win, a Bradley win, a Miller win, an Amash win would be nice.