PDA

View Full Version : Meg Whitman is no friend of small business

cindy25
09-25-2010, 08:18 PM
e-bay is run more like a government monopoly than a private business; just today a website I visited had this notice:

Hi guys & gals,

Well, unfortunately, for the moment our donations system is offline. Paypal has suddenly without any warning, "limited access" to our account as they try to "verify our identity".

What this technically means is they'll allow us to keep collecting money, but not use it in any way (i.e. no transfers such as to pay our server etc). It is a well known scenario they create, and in the end they usually close the account and keep all the money. Thankfully we already paid the server costs up to last month and it had less than 30 euros in it!

That said, in an effort to avoid this happening again we are trying to set up alternative indirect donation methods, similar to what other trackers have had to resort to recently e.g. selling IRC access, blogs to donate to and even digital goods e-shops!

We'll keep you all up to date on these efforts, and once we get these options set up (hopefully before month's end), hopefully members will be willing to help us out and come up to speed with donations as we strive to keep the tracker online!

If you have any ideas or comments you can post them in the thread

I have seen this many times over the past few years.
California is screwed either way.

Knightskye
09-25-2010, 09:42 PM
What does this have to do with Meg Whitman? She doesn't even work at Ebay anymore.

Brian4Liberty
09-25-2010, 09:50 PM
What does this have to do with Meg Whitman? She doesn't even work at Ebay anymore.

Yeah, she moved on to the CFR...

cindy25
09-25-2010, 10:20 PM
these policies have been in place for a long time at e-bay, and Whitman uses her experience of running e-bay as to why she should be governor.

specsaregood
09-25-2010, 10:24 PM
these policies have been in place for a long time at e-bay, and Whitman uses her experience of running e-bay as to why she should be governor.

And most such policies are in place because of govt legislation and/or liability reasons.
Not that I want to defend her, but this isn't a reason to attack her.

Humanae Libertas
09-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I think Meg Whitman might be worse for California compared to Jerry Brown. Good god, CA is screwed with these two bozos running. CA doesn't even get a choice, it's between two Big Government shills.

In the gubernatorial race, vote 3rd party. Show your defiance to the political system!

Maximus
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm voting Whitman just so the Dems don't have the legislature and the Governorship... as bad as Arnold was this state would be far worse without him... he vetoed tons of stupid @$$ crap