PDA

View Full Version : VoteMerced.com - New Site for Policy Ideas and Candidate Endorsements

AlexMerced
09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
(Yes, this will be the home a future campaign for office once I've built up the mailing list to a certain #, so the sooner it hits that number the sooner I'll make a run for office.)

VoteMerced.com is my new website to promote a very specific agenda and candidates which fall into that agenda (which is much better than that icky Pledge to America)

check it out..

http://www.voteMerced.com

newyearsrevolution08
09-25-2010, 12:16 PM
good luck with the site

at first I thought this was a "merced" political site as in the city close to mine. Either way sounds like a great thing for sure.

what office will you be running for?

AlexMerced
09-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I've been wanting to run for congress, will be old enough next year when I turn 26 so I'm gonna start scoping out the local districts in NY, although I need to build up my list in order to have any success so for now I'm gonna focus on promoting good candidates with VoteMerced.com

college4life
09-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Alex I like your ambition, do you ever get disheartened that you spend hundreds of hours on this and there isn't much of a response?

Kregisen
09-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Good luck with that man.

AlexMerced
09-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Alex I like your ambition, do you ever get disheartened that you spend hundreds of hours on this and there isn't much of a response?

Not really, if Ron Paul could deal with all the resistance he's dealt with for as long as he has... I don't see why I can't

Can I was never the question, When I is the question I operate with. My time is yet to come, but when it does, I'll be ready.

newyearsrevolution08
09-25-2010, 01:43 PM
long term goals are def. the way to go

If you want that site to do well I suggest you start looking into seo in some fashion. Get some solid google ranking and any site can go BOOM with traffic.

AlexMerced
09-25-2010, 03:43 PM
long term goals are def. the way to go

If you want that site to do well I suggest you start looking into seo in some fashion. Get some solid google ranking and any site can go BOOM with traffic.

you'll definetley see me doing some work on SEO front over the next couple of weeks. Although any of you with blogs could help be with a backlink, I'll return the favor.

AlexMerced
09-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Did anyone read the agenda page?

DamianTV
09-26-2010, 04:45 AM
#1 put it in your sig

No offense, Im not gonna read it right now, but when I get a bit more free time, that, and this thread will get pushed off the screen...

AlexMerced
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
will do should be in my sig next time you online

Imperial
09-26-2010, 11:41 PM
I've been wanting to run for congress, will be old enough next year when I turn 26 so I'm gonna start scoping out the local districts in NY, although I need to build up my list in order to have any success so for now I'm gonna focus on promoting good candidates with VoteMerced.com

If you are in New York the congressional districts are way too expensive as a general rule to warrant such a run without some name recognition. Why not go for a state rep first?

AlexMerced
09-27-2010, 04:15 AM
If you are in New York the congressional districts are way too expensive as a general rule to warrant such a run without some name recognition. Why not go for a state rep first?

I might just do that, still subscribe to the email list of VoteMerced.com

LibertyMage
09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
You will find that even running for State House is going to be an absolute knife fight. If you are going to consider running for office, you are going to need to have a network of people helping you out.

I would recommend building a local Campaign for Liberty group before starting into such a large task. While the group itself has to stay non-partisan, building the group will help you form the network of people that you will need.

There have been people that have learned that after 12-18 months of hard work lost. Save yourself the pain and do the leg work first.

djdellisanti4
09-27-2010, 12:40 PM
I noticed that you put Schiff for Senate as a possibility. I think we should instead, try a Draft Sciff for House approach. A smaller election could be more winnable than trying to get a whole state to vote for him.

AlexMerced
09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
You will find that even running for State House is going to be an absolute knife fight. If you are going to consider running for office, you are going to need to have a network of people helping you out.

I would recommend building a local Campaign for Liberty group before starting into such a large task. While the group itself has to stay non-partisan, building the group will help you form the network of people that you will need.

There have been people that have learned that after 12-18 months of hard work lost. Save yourself the pain and do the leg work first.

i am working on it, the time it'll take the mailing list to hit number i want will give time to that leg work which i've already done for years