PDA

View Full Version : Obama's unapologetic Aunt Zeituni speaks out; What A Disgrace.

Cowlesy
09-25-2010, 11:45 AM
"The system took advantage of ME."

http://wbztv.com/local/obama.aunt.zeituni.2.1921954.html

BOSTON (WBZ) ―

Zeituni Onyango sat down one-on-one with WBZ-TV's Jonathan Elias.

"If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen." Those are the words from 58-year-old Zeituni Onyango of Kenya in a recent exclusive interview with WBZ-TV.

Onyango is the aunt of President Barack Obama. She lived in the United States illegally for years, receiving public assistance in Boston.

Watch the video and read the story at the link here... (http://wbztv.com/local/obama.aunt.zeituni.2.1921954.html)

My thoughts about this were summed up extremely well in Radio Derb (John Derbyshire's weekly radio commentary)

06 — Obama's Aunt. Ah yes — Auntie Zeituni! This business about Obama's Aunt Zeituni Onyango just keeps going from weird to weirder.

Did you see the interview she gave to Boston TV station WBZ-TV? Just go to YouTube and search on "Zeituni," Z-E-I-T-U-N-I. There are two clips there, an earlier one and a later one — they're the clips with the most viewer hits. They really have to be seen to be believed.

Talk about a sense of entitlement! ["If I come as an immigrant you have the obligation to make me a citizen …"] In fact it goes beyond entitlement: Aunt Zeituni is a victim. ["To me America's dream became America's nightmare …"] Far from her having taken advantage of us, it is we who have taken advantage of her. That's what she said: ["I did not take advantage of the system. The system took advantage of me … I've been treated like Public Enemy Number One …"]

OK: no enforcement of two, count 'em two deportation orders, free public housing, $700 a month disability … Being Public Enemy Number One looks like a pretty good deal to me. Better than a rat-infested shack in Nairobi, anyway.

But why should we do all this for her? Aunt Zeituni is eager to tell us. ["You are here to help people …"] Ah; so those of us grumbling about Auntie Zeituni are just like that narrow-minded, hate-filled Swedish guy who fancies that his taxes are meant to help his fellow citizens. No! — they're for the whole world!

There is a bit of a puzzle about Aunt Zeituni's finances, though. She favors expensive designer clothes and accessories, and for her recent hearing before Judge Shapiro, reported in our August 20th broadcast, she had the services of an expensive immigration lawyer flown in from Cleveland.

Tackled on this point, Aunt Zeituni was glad to clear up the conundrum. She revealed to the interviewer the identity of the person paying her bills. It is … God. No kidding. ["How can you afford …?"] I've heard of "God is my co-pilot," but this is the first time I've heard "God is my bank manager."

You know, I always miss out on these things. Mrs. Derbyshire wants a new kitchen, but we can't afford it. How do I get in touch with God for a new kitchen? If Aunt Zeituni's listening, or anyone else who knows the trick, please let me know, care of National Review. In the event the Almighty himself is listening, it's a tiled floor we want, and one of those refrigerators that makes ice cubes in a dispenser thingy. And not the deal with the microwave over the range, please — causes too many problems with the electronics heating up. And …

Oh, sorry, got a little sidetracked there. Back to Aunt Zeituni. So here she is: she ignored two deportation orders, she got herself into public housing, she's unemployed, on disability welfare, decked out in a sharp designer outfit, attorney's fees paid for her by the Supreme Being. Not bad.

One thing you have to agree with her about for sure: ["It's a great country …"]

It certainly is, Auntie, for those who are brazenly shameless enough about scoffing at its laws and milking its public funds.

You can read the transcript here (http://www.johnderbyshire.com/Opinions/RadioDerb/2010-09-24.html), or listen to the radio podcast here (http://radio.nationalreview.com/radioderb/post/?q=MTNhYzY3YWRmYTVhZmMxM2Q2ZDc0NGQ0MmFjMzc1NmU=)

VBRonPaulFan
09-25-2010, 11:54 AM
people like that make me sick

Cowlesy
09-26-2010, 02:04 PM
//

Anti Federalist
09-26-2010, 02:46 PM
She is still living in South Boston public housing, unemployed, and collecting about $700 a month in disability, she says. And now, Zeituni Onlyango is in this country legally.

In May 2010, Onyango's case went back before the same judge who ordered her out of the country in 2004. This time she was granted asylum in the United States. The ruling said a return to Kenya might put Onyango in danger.

Did her nephew, the President of the United States influence that immigration judge? "No influence at all, from nobody, from nowhere," Onyango said.

Well, there you go.

Not like, maybe the right thing to do would be for the now famously wealthy Obama to pick up her tab.

Not like he ever had a real job producing anything either, I'm just saying.

FFS...