PDA

View Full Version : Super highly contagious Tuberculosis brought in from Mexico by illegal

ChooseLiberty
10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Don't worry Heimland security is all over it.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gO6woWgX_4

hard@work
10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Iraq is necessary for our security. Homeland security is a necessary and well run government beurocracy.

Corydoras
10-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Infectious disease is one area where I have the most disagreements with Dr. Paul. The emergence of drug resistance is caused by the overuse of antibiotics, and in many third-world countries, they are available over the counter, which of course Dr. Paul would allow in making all substances available OTC.

In other words, if antibiotics are made OTC, expect a lot more multi-drug-resistant and extreme-drug-resistant tuberculosis cases that are homegrown in the U.S.

But the only way to control contagion by some patients with TB-- the ones who refuse to take medication or take it very sporadically-- is quarantine, which is rather iffy from a civil liberties perspective, to say the least. It is legally approached from a public-safety standpoint.

I have a lot of other issues with Dr. Paul about infectious disease, but those are mine about tuberculosis.