PDA

View Full Version : New Forum For 100% Guaranteed RP 2012 Media Blackout?

DFF
09-25-2010, 01:46 AM
The MSM has Ron Paul on TV almost daily now; most likely, to give Americans the impression they're not ruled by an oligarchy, and that the MSM is still a voice "of the people" - not Marxist, George Soros-esque type elites.

But all of us who've been around for awhile know the moment RP throws his name in the hat, the MSM will go into total 1000% propaganda/blackout overdrive - see the latest edition of Time Magazine discussing/manipulating/brainwashing the Tea Party movement with it's disgusting omission of anything related to Ron Paul (yes, Ron Paul and his supporters had NOTHING to do with the modern Tea Party movement!)...which, as implied by Time and their pretty pictures, was in truth, started by Sarah Palin, Glen Beck and to a lesser extent, Karl Rove (yes, Karl fucking Rove!!).

Therefore, I propose we dedicate an entire forum at RonPaulForums to countering this not if/but when massive onslaught of MSM created/propagandized RP 2012 suppressive bullshit...who's with me?

IPSecure
09-25-2010, 01:52 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

DFF
09-25-2010, 01:57 AM
There's 2... :)

MelissaCato
09-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Yes, but do you really think the Judge's Freedom Watch would do that to us ?

DFF
09-25-2010, 02:41 AM
No. But unfortunately the masses don't watch Judge Napolitano. They watch Bill O'Reilly, and read the LA and NY times. The Judge alone isn't enough.

anaconda
09-25-2010, 02:44 AM
The MSM has Ron Paul on TV almost daily now...most likely, to give Americans the impression they're not ruled by an oligarchy...and that the MSM is still a voice "of the people" - not Marxist, George Soros-esque elites. But all of us who've been around for awhile know the moment RP throws his name in the hat, the MSM will go into total 1000% propaganda/blackout overdrive....see the latest edition of Time Magazine discussing/manipulating/brainwashing the Tea Party movement with it's disgusting omission of anything related to Ron Paul - yes, Ron Paul and his supporters has NOTHING to do with the modern Tea Party movement!...which, as implied by Time and their pretty pictures, was in truth, started by Sarah Palin, Glen Beck and to a lesser extent, Karl Rove...(yes, Karl fucking Rove!!)...therefore, I propose we dedicate an entire forum at RonPaulForums to countering this not if/but this massive onslaught of MSM propagandized bullshit...who's with me?

I am in favor of doing a massive dress down of Time and the author of that article. Their were photos of peoples' heads and it said I believe "Tea party Universe" and Ron's head was not included but Jim Demint's was. I took a closer look at he article and I did find one mention of Ron Paul.

DFF
09-25-2010, 06:12 AM
I am in favor of doing a massive dress down of Time and the author of that article. Their were photos of peoples' heads and it said I believe "Tea party Universe" and Ron's head was not included but Jim Demint's was. I took a closer look at he article and I did find one mention of Ron Paul.

This is precisely what set me off earlier. I was at Borders bookstore with my wife, and I noticed the Tea Party movement on the cover of Time, so I picked it up to take a gander. When I came to the "Tea Party Universe" pic I was like "WTF? Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, Jim Demint, Karl Rove(!), etc. but no Ron Paul???"

newyearsrevolution08
09-25-2010, 07:52 AM
This is precisely what set me off earlier. I was at Borders bookstore with my wife, and I noticed the Tea Party movement on the cover of Time, so I picked it up to take a gander. When I came to the "Tea Party Universe" pic I was like "WTF? Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, Jim Demint, Karl Rove(!), etc. but no Ron Paul???"

that is exactly why I don't get why our candidates are using that damn tea party banner.

people are going to assume we are all one in the same

Palin is nowhere near where I want any candidate to be and she is nowhere near constitutionalist. She is evil to me simply seeing how she acted as mccains wingwoman as v.p.

She is a pretty face who does what she's told and nothing more but then writes a book after the fact about how she felt on a leash or caged up and not able to really show her true political WHATEVER BULLSHIT BULLSHIT LOL

as far as a forum talking about the "Blackout" I just find that funny

he needs publicity and he needs to generate it and not simply assume its the evil networks trying to keep ron paul from us. Free ad space is actually what many think is deserved which in reality it is NOT.

MelissaCato
09-25-2010, 09:26 AM
he needs publicity and he needs to generate it and not simply assume its the evil networks trying to keep ron paul from us.

hummm ya, I thought this back during the 2008 primaries and general. This time around it will be an evil. JMO.

About the only die hard Media pro RPaul support we got was from Russia Today. Until Freedom Watch online, by then the General was over. All all our MSM did back then was con. Pun intended.

We need at least one Cable Network pro RPaul for 2012 to link with all our door to doors. If we can get that, canvassing alone would flip the entire 2012 election to RPaul.

I don't know a single person who reads the New York or LA times. USA Today, Washington Post, Patriot News and Philadelphia Inquirer are popular in my area. FYI.

JeremyDahl
09-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I am absolutely all in favor of a section to discuss sure fire marketing for Ron.

We need to start tracking down everyone in the movement who is media or has intimate connections...

MelissaCato
09-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Maybe we should start finding a news paper publisher and building who's going broke and willing to sell, do a moneybomb to buy the joint and start our own Pro America cross-country print. Like the Don't Tread Times or something. lol <kidding>

Campaign for Liberty should have already did something like this at the local news stands already. I'm not talking the subscriptions that cost an arm and a leg either ... I mean something like a free or 5ndime type print @ all local news stands.

Could you imagine a pro Ron Paul nation wide publication in print alongside all the MSM publications ? Talk about America's .02 worth. LOL Just saying. Who could ignore that ?

I almost have a tear in my eye.

Maximus
09-25-2010, 01:54 PM
There should be a forum for Ron Paul's Media Appearances

MelissaCato
09-25-2010, 11:44 PM
See we are phucked. Only 19 people voted on this, already. This is serious shit too. Are we gonna win in 2012 or WHAT ?

Ron Paul said if we needed him to run he would. WTF PEOPLE !!!!!

This is OUR Country !!!

YouTube - Michael Buffer: Let's Get Ready To Rumble!! Starrcade 97 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvufFwdqMzg)

DFF
09-25-2010, 11:55 PM

he needs publicity and he needs to generate it and not simply assume its the evil networks trying to keep ron paul from us. Free ad space is actually what many think is deserved which in reality it is NOT

Look what happened to Schiff.

He was on MSNBC, CNBC, FOX Business, etc. pretty frequently; then he declared his candidacy for Senator. The MSM then shut him out.

The same thing will happened to RP when he declares.

The MSM will do a total 180.

As far as alternative ideas, that's all well and good. I'm for that.

But I'm also for preparing for the inevitable blackout, and the ensuing anger that follows; which, for me (aside from alternative media exposure) means having a concentrated forum to tackle/counter the MSMs deceptive bullshit.

1 forum, rather than 1000+ misc. threads spread out across RonPaulForums titled "OMG! Look what FOX/CNBC/MSNBC said/didn't say about Ron! I'm so pissed! :mad: "

MelissaCato
09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
They best NOT do a 180. You know that saying about the 360, doncha ya ?

LMAO Mudder Phuckers !!!!

Ron Paul 2012 !!!!! :D:D:D

MelissaCato
09-26-2010, 12:18 AM
1 forum, rather than 1000+ misc. threads spread out across RonPaulForums titled "OMG! Look what FOX/CNBC/MSNBC said/didn't say about Ron! I'm so pissed!

This whole thread is about "America's Last Hope" .. let's not let them piss us off. Shall we ? Or no ? The choice is ours, ya know it. :rolleyes:

Ron Paul 2012 !!! :D

YouTube - Ron Paul : Don't tread on me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8)

Matt Collins
09-26-2010, 12:21 AM
It remains to be seen how they will treat him, but my guess is that it'll be a lot better this time around. Besides, we have people on the inside now :cool:

MelissaCato
09-26-2010, 01:31 AM
.. people on the inside ? You serious ? All I can say is they better make an offer they cannot refuse... or get the hell outta our way !!!! :eek:

Ron Paul 2012 !!!!! :D:D:D

anaconda
09-26-2010, 01:54 AM
that is exactly why I don't get why our candidates are using that damn tea party banner.

Palin is nowhere near where I want any candidate to be and she is nowhere near constitutionalist. She is evil to me simply seeing how she acted as mccains wingwoman as v.p.

She is a pretty face who does what she's told and nothing more but then writes a book after the fact about how she felt on a leash or caged up and not able to really show her true political WHATEVER BULLSHIT BULLSHIT LOL

he needs publicity and he needs to generate it and not simply assume its the evil networks trying to keep ron paul from us. Free ad space is actually what many think is deserved which in reality it is NOT.

We used the "Don't Tread On Me" flag before they did. I say we claim it. Define it. Fight for it. Own it. It's ours.

DFF
09-26-2010, 02:28 AM

Which is the objective. Divide and conquer.

DFF
09-26-2010, 02:35 AM
It remains to be seen how they will treat him, but my guess is that it'll be a lot better this time around. Besides, we have people on the inside now :cool:

So, we have people in high places willing to sacrifice their careers in order to tell the truth/launch counter-propaganda? If not....

www.ronpaulforums.com <--insert new anti-MSM BS extension here

dean.engelhardt
09-26-2010, 07:00 AM
RP is a media darling. He's giving national interviews all the time. I wonder how many he has turned down.

invisible
09-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Voted yes, I feel this is absolutely essential to prepare for! I have no doubt that the same thing (media blackout at a critical time) will happen again. We need to learn from our mistakes, we found out in 2007-8 what didn't work, and got surprised with the media blackout when it was too late to counter it effectively. The media blackout was the biggest problem, and really the biggest factor in how things turned out last time. There needs to be a strategy already in place to deal with this, both from the grassroots as well as the official campaign. IMO, there needs to be an infomercial run on several tv networks at once, during prime time - it certainly worked for Perot. In late 2007, I was working with another supporter on making a DVD to hand out to people, compiled from various campaign appearances I had videotaped, and addressing as many issues as possible. We were about halfway through the project when he suddenly abandoned it (I didn't have the editing facilities he had access to) completely to concentrate on the phonebanking activities urged by the official campaign. I remember being at a meeting with one of the official campaign's representatives, and several people there were asking for DVD's to hand out to people. DVD's are not much more expensive to duplicate in bulk than printed literature, and people are more inclined to watch a free DVD than pay attention to a piece of printed literature. There is so much video footage out there, it would be very cheap to produce, either by the official campaign, or by the grassroots. If the official campaign makes it well known early on that it will simply buy the needed media exposure in the event of a blackout, then perhaps it can be avoided entirely. Strategies absolutely need to be discussed on how to avoid or counter another media blackout, I personally feel that a combination of DVD's and an infomercial would be the way to go. Where's our mystery billionaire when we need him?

mods: I know at least one of you dosen't like my writing style. Feel free to break my post up into paragraphs if you'd like.

eOs
09-26-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm in favor of a forum on how to combat it.

JoshLowry
09-26-2010, 09:57 AM
It would also make a great documentary.

invisible
09-26-2010, 10:17 AM
It would also make a great documentary.

What would? Video footage of campaign appearances? Or are you talking about a documentary about the media blackout? How could that be documented? I remember seeing google graphs or something back in 2008 that showed number of media appearances and mentions, but beyond presentation of graphs and charts, it would seem awfully difficult to document in presentable video form. I'm curious as to what you're thinking here.

Matt Collins
09-26-2010, 12:14 PM
So, we have people in high places willing to sacrifice their careers in order to tell the truth/launch counter-propaganda? A few I believe yes.

Tinnuhana
09-26-2010, 03:47 PM
As before the Rally for the Republic, get some billboards up with pertinent RP quotes with just the date given: economic crash quotes for starters. Get the positive buzz going and then add RP's name before the date.
This is certainly not a comprehensive plan but could work as a small part.

Maximus
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
As before the Rally for the Republic, get some billboards up with pertinent RP quotes with just the date given: economic crash quotes for starters. Get the positive buzz going and then add RP's name before the date.
This is certainly not a comprehensive plan but could work as a small part.

We can totally get that going viral with bumper stickers, signs, etc

LibertyMage
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM
You don't point out unfavorable situations publicly. You organize against them behind the scenes.

BuddyRey
09-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely in favor. A blackout can and will happen. We have to be ready to hold the media accountable even more than we did last time around.

Rede
09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Voted no. Regardless of whether or not there is a blackout, it would just make us look like complainers/sore losers.