PDA

View Full Version : Per PPP, Rand has third highest favorability of GOP Senate candidates

sailingaway
09-24-2010, 08:54 PM
And has the highest favorability rating of any who had competitive primaries.

So much for hurting the GOP's chances, media.

h xxp://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/09/primaries-were-bad-thing-for-gop.html

Inkblots
09-24-2010, 09:37 PM
He's just a likable guy! The fact that he sounds so calm and reasonable when he talks makes it really hard to paint him as a swivel-eyed crazy. I love Ron, but I think he needs to take a page or two from Rand's rhetorical playbook when he's stumping for 2012.

chiefsmurph
09-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Inkblots, well put.

Agorism
09-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Ron Paul is more smash mouth, which is why people voting and supporting him.

rich34
09-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Honestly though, if Ron could gain some votes by coming off more like Rand I say go for it. We know where Ron stands on the issues.

sailingaway
09-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Honestly though, if Ron could gain some votes by coming off more like Rand I say go for it. We know where Ron stands on the issues.

Yeah, so it would do him less good to equivicate.

Ron isn't going to change much at this stage of his career -- and I'm fine with that. He has shown it can be done over 22 years already, and the 'noone can really stay principled' argument completely fails as a result. If he wants an educational campaign -- it isn't as if it wasn't a huge success last time!