PDA

View Full Version : Does the Tea Party agree with the $708 BILLION defense budget

wgadget
09-24-2010, 08:48 PM
for 2011? I'm told it's RECORD HIGH. Tsk.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0120383520100201

oyarde
09-24-2010, 08:51 PM
You need a poll .

wormyguy
09-24-2010, 08:52 PM
It's not like they're a monolithic entity, but yes, most of them probably agree with it and want it to be even higher. They're still the best thing that's happened to this country in years, though.

wgadget
09-24-2010, 09:11 PM
It's not like they're a monolithic entity, but yes, most of them probably agree with it and want it to be even higher. They're still the best thing that's happened to this country in years, though.

It's just the hypocrisy and omissions that are killing me.

Why don't these talk radio hosts ever bring up the topic? For that matter, why doesn't the mainstream media even bring it up? Shoot, my link was from February 1, 2010. I wish someone would call up Medved, Levin, or Rush and get an honest answer from them.

erowe1
09-24-2010, 09:17 PM
It's just the hypocrisy and omissions that are killing me.

Why don't these talk radio hosts ever bring up the topic? For that matter, why doesn't the mainstream media even bring it up? Shoot, my link was from February 1, 2010. I wish someone would call up Medved, Levin, or Rush and get an honest answer from them.

I don't think any of those hosts would hesitate to give their honest answer that, no matter how big the military budget is, it's not big enough. As far as I know, they've never wavered on that.

wgadget
09-24-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't think any of those hosts would hesitate to give their honest answer that, no matter how big the military budget is, it's not big enough. As far as I know, they've never wavered on that.

It don't seem right, Ethel.

I thought the Tea Party was all about CUTTING SPENDING.

So wtf?

sofia
09-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Tea Party solution is deficits is to cut earmarks

RonPaulFanInGA
09-24-2010, 09:27 PM

True enough. They always talk about cutting everything but military spending. Herman Cain, a guy that today said he's considering running for President, ran commercials in 2004 whilst running for Senate that said he wanted a "7% cut in all non-military spending."

The argument, as best I can tell when I read sites like HotAir or FreeRepublic, is that military and defense is a legitimate and constitutionally-mandated function of the federal government, while medicaid and social security and the like are not.

klamath
09-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Did you donate to RP on the big teaparty moneybomb? If so are you for cutting the defence budget? Part of the original RP teaparty is in with the tea party as it is known today.
In short there is no known "One" position of the tea party.