low preference guy
09-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Nah. Politics is showbusiness for the ugly. :wink:

then why did you open this thread?

negged.

tangent4ronpaul
09-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Hannity was nice to him.

highlights: he's got a 7 and 15% lead in 2 polls.

Rand is PO'd about the liberal media ambushing and lying about him.

our/the tea party's message is shaping the GOP in Rands opinion - but not strongly enough.

-t

specsaregood
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
then why did you open this thread?

negged.

The coming "rep" wars would be much more amusing if you could see other people's reps and/or what people have rep'd.

Uriel999
09-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Transcript:

"Good evening I'm your pompous prick host Shaun Hannity, with me tonight is Tea Party candidate Rand Paul.

Good evening Rand, before we begin I just want to say, I hate your dad. He is smarter than me and uses big words I can't understand. Also he doesn't want to kill all the evil brown people. You, however, I want to suck your..."

tangent4ronpaul
09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Transcript:

"Good evening I'm your pompous prick host Shaun Hannity, with me tonight is Tea Party candidate Rand Paul.

Good evening Rand, before we begin I just want to say, I hate your dad. He is smarter than me and uses big words I can't understand. Also he doesn't want to kill all the evil brown people. You, however, I want to suck your..."

ROTGLMAO! - Oh man did you nail Hannity!

Only reason I caught this is that I was watching FOX earlier - I generally change channels when his show comes on.

-t

jct74
09-24-2010, 07:33 PM
YouTube - Rand Paul 15 Points Ahead In Kentucky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEr-VBhtlnM)

low preference guy
09-24-2010, 07:35 PM
thanks for the tube

ElCount
09-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Transcript:

Good stuff.

I'd highly recommend Justin Raimondo's article at antiwar.com on the inconsistent and disappointing Rand Paul.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2010/09/23/the-hollow-man-rand-pauls-father-complex/

tangent4ronpaul
09-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Rand looks like he had bags under his eyes - this campaign seems to be taking a lot out of him. :(

ElCount seems to be a mole - judging from his above post...

-t

awake
09-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Up here in Canada they made balanced budgets law in British Columbia... When crisis struck, like it always seems to, they simply wrote another law to dissolve it because of the economic conditions.

It might be a popular idea, but as a control on politicians, it is bubble gum and tinfoil when the stimulators need it out of the way.

specsaregood
09-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Good stuff.
I'd highly recommend Justin Raimondo's article at antiwar.com on the inconsistent and disappointing Rand Paul.

I highly recommend this youtube for you.
YouTube - Is Jack Conway a Progressive? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Hbp_LjKq4)
Good stuff.

TCE
09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Up here in Canada they made balanced budgets law in British Columbia... When crisis struck, like it always seems to, they simply wrote another law to dissolve it because of the economic conditions.

It might be a popular idea, but as a control on politicians, it is bubble gum and tinfoil when the stimulators need it out of the way.

If it's an Amendment, then a law cannot supersede it. However, what they will do instead is what they do across the State Legislatures, which is simply borrow the money (which they do now anyway). A Balanced Budget Amendment is a step in the right direction, but is far from the solution.

Sola_Fide
09-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Sean Hannity is so stupid.

How does this guy have a show?

ElCount
09-24-2010, 09:38 PM
ElCount seems to be a mole - judging from his above post...

Yeah or maybe I'm just a Ron Paul supporter who's upset that his son doesn't have half the backbone of his dad, or the same ideas.

I'm sick of Rand Paul repeatedly talking about his golden balanced budget amendment while saying on O'Reilly that using nuclear weapons against Iran is permissible.

Bit tired of hearing about term limits when this is the same guy who said he would have voted for a declaration of war against Afghanistan.

I think it needs to be a much bigger concern for all of us that Sean Hannity would treat Ron Paul like garbage but be a sloppy servant for Rand.

I highly recommend this youtube for you.
YouTube - Is Jack Conway a Progressive? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Hbp_LjKq4)
Good stuff.

I could seriously care less about Jack Conway and I'm surprised you would bring up his flaws and mediocrity as if they would somehow legitimize Rand Paul.

erowe1
09-24-2010, 09:44 PM

The balanced budget amendment that they would end up passing here, if they ever succeeded, would be even worse than that. It would include a clause that explicitly allows them to have unbalanced budgets any time there is a war or military threat. So legislators who want to spend more money (which is pretty much all of them) will have added incentive beyond what already exists to create needless military entanglements as a way of removing that restriction. So it wouldn't just be an ineffective symbolic gesture, it would be a positively bad thing.

Brett85
09-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah or maybe I'm just a Ron Paul supporter who's upset that his son doesn't have half the backbone of his dad, or the same ideas.

I'm sick of Rand Paul repeatedly talking about his golden balanced budget amendment while saying on O'Reilly that using nuclear weapons against Iran is permissible.

Bit tired of hearing about term limits when this is the same guy who said he would have voted for a declaration of war against Afghanistan.

I think it needs to be a much bigger concern for all of us that Sean Hannity would treat Ron Paul like garbage but be a sloppy servant for Rand.

I could seriously care less about Jack Conway and I'm surprised you would bring up his flaws and mediocrity as if they would somehow legitimize Rand Paul.

Rand Paul never said a word about nuclear weapons. Everybody supported the war in Afghanistan because it was a response to 9-11. Even Ron voted for it.

Sola_Fide
09-24-2010, 09:53 PM
The balanced budget amendment that they would end up passing here, if they ever succeeded, would be even worse than that. It would include a clause that explicitly allows them to have unbalanced budgets any time there is a war or military threat. So legislators who want to spend more money (which is pretty much all of them) will have added incentive beyond what already exists to create needless military entanglements as a way of removing that restriction. So it wouldn't just be an ineffective symbolic gesture, it would be a positively bad thing.

Erowe1,

You fill me with such disdain for the future.

Thank you,
AB

sailingaway
09-24-2010, 09:56 PM

He never said nuclear war against Iran was permissible, he said it was stupid to tip our hand that we wouldn't consider it, in advance, since the potential was a deterent, even if it wasn't going to happen.

And Ron voted to go into Afghanistan, back when they had bin Ladin and wouldn't give him up -- after Congress refused to use letters of marque for targeted small force instead -- but stopped voting to fund the war when they turned it into long term nation building. Then he voted against Iraq, which Rand also opposes. Rand has said he doesn't know if it is still in our national security interest to be in Afghanistan after 10 years, and that he would force a debate on it, in the Senate.

Get your facts straight if you are going to troll. We know what he said, here.

Regarding the balanced budget amendment, the one Rand would push for would have an exception only for Congressionally DECLARED war. I heard in the background of some video a reporter asking if that would cover the situation today, and Rand pointed out that neither Iraq nor Afghanistan were DECLARED wars.

james1906
09-24-2010, 09:58 PM
YouTube - Rand Paul 15 Points Ahead In Kentucky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEr-VBhtlnM)

:p at Shamity saying shootout instead of blowout
:p at 'Undicided"
:mad: at Shamity saying "Randslide" as that's our term
:mad: at all of Shamity's talking points about there being a smear campaign against Rand when he led the one against Ron

pcosmar
09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Rand Paul never said a word about nuclear weapons. Everybody supported the war in Afghanistan because it was a response to 9-11. Even Ron voted for it.
No he didn't.
He voted to go after those responsible and punish them.
That was never done.
And the war was never authorized.

Sola_Fide
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM

Son,

This is the wrong place to troll. Especially since we know Rand and his positions.

Bye.

Brett85
09-24-2010, 10:09 PM
No he didn't.
He voted to go after those responsible and punish them.
That was never done.
And the war was never authorized.

Ron doesn't support the nation building campaign that we have there now. You're right that he voted for the initial war in Afghanistan because he wanted to punish those responsible for 9-11. My point was simply that Ron and Rand both agreed with going in there originally to punish those responsible for 9-11.

Stary Hickory
09-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Rand Paul for POTUS, he is a real easy guyto like.

free1
09-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Rand Paul rips the "mainstream" media a new a-hole: ( May 21, 2010 )
YouTube - Rand Paul Sets The Record Straight on Good Morning America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MleCfGP--o)

Not sure if you've seen this, but it's classic.

ElCount
09-25-2010, 10:55 PM

What Ron Paul and the entire Congress minus Barbara Lee voted for was the AUMF against the people who attacked us on 9/11. That is extremely different from a war against Afghanistan.

He never said nuclear war against Iran was permissible, he said it was stupid to tip our hand that we wouldn't consider it, in advance, since the potential was a deterent, even if it wasn't going to happen.

And Ron voted to go into Afghanistan, back when they had bin Ladin and wouldn't give him up -- after Congress refused to use letters of marque for targeted small force instead -- but stopped voting to fund the war when they turned it into long term nation building. Then he voted against Iraq, which Rand also opposes. Rand has said he doesn't know if it is still in our national security interest to be in Afghanistan after 10 years, and that he would force a debate on it, in the Senate.

Get your facts straight if you are going to troll. We know what he said, here.

What he said was "Recently President Obama took nuclear weapons off the table in certain circumstances, and I think that's a mistake, I think it's reckless to take them out of the equation." What does that mean? It means he doesn't think we should absolutely take nuclear weapons off the table. Which means he believes a nuclear attack against Iran is permissible under certain conditions, whatever they may be (other than them kicking them IAEA out of the country and openly developing nuclear weapons). If one takes the position that we should never ever use nuclear weapons, but publicly says that their employment is not ruled out completely, then clearly either the public statement is a lie that holds little to no weight, or the position isn't genuine. Now Rand did follow up with, "I think it's equally reckless to say 'Well if they get a nuclear weapon we'll drop a nuke on Tehran'". Well that certainly is soothing but again it doesn't ensure that he is completely against using nuclear weapons against Iran.

A vote for the September 14, 2001 AUMF doesn't explicitly imply that you support invading Afghanistan and Ron Paul never said he supported a declaration of war against Afghanistan which was the point I brought up about Rand. Find me the word "Afghanistan" in the AUMF.

Wren
09-25-2010, 11:55 PM

Rand isn't his dad, however, I believe Rand is just playing politics in order to get elected as quickly as possible. Even if RP were to win in 2012, that's not accomplishing much if you have a senate and congress that will vote against anything he proposes. Once in office, I suspect people will pressure him if he starts to act hawkish

ElCount
09-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Rand isn't his dad, however, I believe Rand is just playing politics in order to get elected as quickly as possible. Even if RP were to win in 2012, that's not accomplishing much if you have a senate and congress that will vote against anything he proposes. Once in office, I suspect people will pressure him if he starts to act hawkish

That's occured to me as well. If that's the case I'll consider us lucky. I don't think too highly of this tactic though and his father's the reason why.

malkusm
09-26-2010, 10:11 AM
That's occured to me as well. If that's the case I'll consider us lucky. I don't think too highly of this tactic though and his father's the reason why.

[Rand Paul on Alex Jones, 5/21/09]

Alex Jones: "You're basically what I would call a chip off the old block. Your policies are basically identical to your father, correct?"

Rand Paul: "I'd say we'd be very very similar. We might present the message sometimes differently.. I think in some ways the message has to be broadened and made more appealing to the entire Republican electorate because you have to win a primary."