PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano: Congress should NOT have brought in Colbert to "testify"

Matt Collins
09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
YouTube - The Judge Weighs In On Liberal Cobert ,I'll have it on Patriots Network (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIwwkIc7MpA)

sevin
09-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Agreed. What a farce.

Romulus
09-24-2010, 03:15 PM
the Judge always gets it right.

And heads up - did you hear the last part??

"Beck and I will go toe to toe on the Tea Party...."

dun dun dun!

phill4paul
09-24-2010, 03:23 PM
I agree. However, I cannot help but think that it makes a point that everyone up there is a caricature of what the nation as a whole is. They imitate what they feel their particular audience wants or hates.
This government is a farce.
Love or hate Colbert he has, albeit unknowingly, exposed this.

pcosmar
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
A clown in the circus.
Is this news?

:confused:

Said it before,
Say it again.

HOLLYWOOD
09-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Cost of the hearing... $125K, plus whatever is covered up or continuation costs...

Maybe these clowns should go back to naming Post Offices... after TV comedians.

Bruno
09-24-2010, 03:44 PM
testify should read "testify"

heavenlyboy34
09-24-2010, 03:44 PM
I disagree with the Judge. The Congress is such a farce that it deserved what it got from Colbert. I LMAO'ed when I heard the Colbert testimony. :)

Nate-ForLiberty
09-24-2010, 03:59 PM
YouTube - Colbert Testimony Before Congress (House Subcommittee) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcttDlJd98k)

YouTube - The Daily Show : Personal Beliefs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpSw0j8-4_o&feature=channel)

HOLLYWOOD
09-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I disagree with the Judge. The Congress is such a farce that it deserved what it got from Colbert. I LMAO'ed when I heard the Colbert testimony. :)

Yeah, truly is a Comedy Central Circus up there on Capital Hill.

oyarde
09-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah, truly is a Comedy Central Circus up there on Capital Hill.

On our dime .

Kludge
09-24-2010, 04:30 PM
On our dime .

Who else would be speaking if not Colbert? I doubt very much it'd be anyone preferable.

Stary Hickory
09-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Might as well host the show Comedy Central at congress...hell maybe people will realize what a joke these pathetic, half crazy, old geezers really are. I mean really this is just icing on the cake, Washington DC is nuts....only complete idiots would continue to even listen to what those bozos say anymore.

Dianne
09-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Congress brought him in, because probably 70% of Congress is stoned out of their minds. Why is it that we don't have mandatory drug testing for the White House and the Congress; but yet most of us are subject to it via Congressional decrees?

Believe me, these guys and gals are in orbit. Do you have a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing your Congress is stoned and you cannot be?

If they want to play hardball... first mandatory drug testing should be aimed at the highest levels of our government and corporate structure; then flow down to the minimum wage dude. You'll see mandatory disappear overnight !!

specsaregood
09-24-2010, 07:27 PM
If they want to play hardball... first mandatory drug testing should be aimed at the highest levels of our government and corporate structure; then flow down to the minimum wage dude. You'll see mandatory disappear overnight !!

I'm right behind you on that. BUT first I think we need to implement the damn breathalyzers on the house and senate floors. With a big scoreboard behind anybody speaking, showing their BAC level. The higher it is, the more speaking time they get.

K466
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
The good Judge is right again.

$125,000 per hour???????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Make CONgress go hold their hearings in a tent and experience the recession like the rest of us…

RonPaulGetsIt
09-24-2010, 09:09 PM
I agree with the judge that congress shoulnt have had him testify, but I am glad they did.

The more we laugh at these fools the better.

james1906
09-24-2010, 09:38 PM
YouTube - Colbert Testimony Before Congress (House Subcommittee) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcttDlJd98k)

LOL at 4:40, Sheila Jackass Lee's texting.

A. Havnes
09-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Wha??? How did I miss this?

BenIsForRon
09-25-2010, 01:22 PM
This Napolitano interview was before the testimony. He was mad because Colbert would be playing a character under oath.

Did Colbert take an oath? If he didn't, then it renders Napolitano's point moot.

Kludge
09-25-2010, 01:26 PM
This Napolitano interview was before the testimony. He was mad because Colbert would be playing a character under oath.

Did Colbert take an oath? If he didn't, then it renders Napolitano's point moot.

I think Napolitano was more angry that it costs the government $125k/hour for Colbert to be there mocking congress.