PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watch CSI tonight...

Reason
09-24-2010, 01:22 AM
They are doing a nice hack job on demonizing a group of stereotypical "tea party/patriot" American citizens, they portray them as...

1. Completely nuts

2. Brainwashing children

3. Prone to violence

One member of this group is responsible for bombing a police officers funeral and murdering cops...

Still watching it right now... I'll post the ending in a bit with a spoiler alert.

Imperial
09-24-2010, 01:27 AM
They are doing a nice hack job on demonizing a group of stereotypical "tea party/patriot" American citizens, they portray them as...

1. Completely nuts

2. Brainwashing children

3. Prone to violence

One member of this group is responsible for bombing a police officers funeral and murdering cops...
Still watching it right now... I'll post the ending in a bit with a spoiler alert.

Are they that unoriginal? Isn't that what the FBI accused Hutaree doing?

Reason
09-24-2010, 01:29 AM
*Spoiler Alert*

Looks like the cops found the lone wolf member of the "patriot extremist" group and blew him away on the public sidewalk after he pulled a side arm. Then find evidence that his final evil plot was to blow up the entire police department...

With a final last minute plot of the "brainwashed" child attempting to murder some crime scene investigators with ANOTHER bomb...

Marenco
09-24-2010, 01:38 AM
They don't call it TV ''Programming'' for nothing.

awake
09-24-2010, 04:25 AM
These "shows" are notoriously propagandist in nature. They portray law enforcement as super men with super technological powers. Never wrong and always justified in everything they do...

BuddyRey
09-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Cop shows are so hackneyed anyway. The guys at the crime lab are always super-geniuses who half-whisper Treknobabble back and fourth at about three-thousand miles an hour like Joe Friday if he was an autistic savant. Then the beat cops drag in some leering, unrealistically cocky dirtbag who vehemently asserts his right to a lawyer (not-so-subtly implying that only murderers and their enablers care about the Constitution). It's pretty much the same formula on every show.

fedup100
09-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Same for "The Coser", I wont watch it any longer.

tangent4ronpaul
09-24-2010, 05:58 AM
epoxy coated AL foil balls tossed in network TV sat dishes might spare us from this crap....

just a thought...

-t

brenden.b
09-24-2010, 06:00 AM
My dad and sister are both cops and they honestly cannot stand how cop work is portrayed on television. It is impossible to watch an entire episode of any cop show without them tearing it apart.

Noob
09-24-2010, 07:35 AM
I like to watch Law & Order SVU. I would like to see the Law & Order franchise start a saga that expands on all the shows for a few seasons were one of them is found out to be a serial killer, such as Stabler.

steve005
09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
just like the movie bug adds to the "your a crazy consprericy thoerist" attitude

Natalie
09-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Same with True Blood. I started watching it a few weeks ago and they play up all the stereotypes of people in the south. They make everyone look like stupid, uneducated, racist, Republican rednecks. It takes place in Louisiana. I have family in Louisiana and they are not like that at all. Oh well, it is still a good show.

Romulus
09-24-2010, 10:37 AM

this

Andrew-Austin
09-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Police/FBI/etc shows have always made me barf. Why don't someone be original and make a cop show that doesn't make them out as virtuous white knights, perhaps a comedy show that makes them look like jackasses. Oh wait there is Reno 911, but that show is terrible, not at all any kind of serious or intelligent jab at cops. It would have been better as a cartoon.

ARealConservative
09-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Police/FBI/etc shows have always made me barf.

I loved Barney Miller

phill4paul
09-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Are they that unoriginal? Isn't that what the FBI accused Hutaree doing?

;)

Hallamaat
09-24-2010, 11:23 AM
This is why House is my favorite show on basic cable. Dr. House is an equal opportunity asshole, regardless of gender, race, political leanings etc... :D

Anyway, I got this same vibe from a CSI: Miami episode (http://www.tv.com/csi-miami/count-me-out/episode/1307644/summary.html?tag=ep_list;summary) last season. A fiery woman was bitching about 'government people' (the cops and the census) and accused them of counting heads for an excuse to tax people out of more money. She also told one of the CSIs that she paid their salaries and that they needed to get off of her property. They did a great job of making her look like a psychopath for being annoyed with taxes, the government and cops.

My dad and sister are both cops and they honestly cannot stand how cop work is portrayed on television. It is impossible to watch an entire episode of any cop show without them tearing it apart.

I know a CSI who can't stand the CSI series due to the fact that people occasionally ask her "Well, if the CSIs on TV can do ________, why can't you?"

Lucille
09-24-2010, 11:58 AM

LOL...

I used to watch United States of Tara, until it bashed Ron Paul.

Marshall: "Ron Paul? Really? (http://www.*****ty.com/the-gay-marriage-debate-that-marshall-didnt-think-he-wanted-to-have-20100608/)"

FYI, writers. Paul wants the filthy govt out of the marriage business all together. Then homosexuals would be free to marry in any church that is willing, and it wouldn't be illegal.

It was getting on my nerves anyway. Tara's a selfish cow, and not even close to being a sympathetic character.

Endgame
09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Cop shows are so hackneyed anyway. The guys at the crime lab are always super-geniuses who half-whisper Treknobabble back and fourth at about three-thousand miles an hour like Joe Friday if he was an autistic savant. Then the beat cops drag in some leering, unrealistically cocky dirtbag who vehemently asserts his right to a lawyer (not-so-subtly implying that only murderers and their enablers care about the Constitution). It's pretty much the same formula on every show.

Then, the dumb motherfucker just runs his mouth after asking for a lawyer. Interrogations make for good drama, but I have to think the fucks who write these shows have an agenda of not wanting people to know their rights.

Reason
10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
YouTube - The Laura Ingraham Show - Anthony Zuiker, creator of CSI, on smearing the tea party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4r2WqNBbM8)

mczerone
10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
These "shows" are notoriously propagandist in nature. They portray law enforcement as super men with super technological powers. Never wrong and always justified in everything they do...

When I watch TV that isn't comedy or news, NCIS is one of my favorites. They tend to buy into some of the same propagandized themes, but much of it is tongue-in-cheek. The big plus is that even though it is set within a militaristic culture, they often take swipes at the ineffectiveness of gov't and give some non-mainstream views redemption on occasion.

I would consider writing CBS (that's what CSI is on, right?) and the sponsors and producers of CSI to express your calm dissatisfaction with the nature of their programming, be specific and lucid, and tell them that you are discouraging others from watching the show or supporting their sponsors (half of which are probably gov't agencies or the network itself).

w2992
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
I wish CSI would investigate Building 7

TheBlackPeterSchiff
10-13-2010, 01:57 PM
The Wire = Best "cop" show in history.

Vessol
10-13-2010, 02:06 PM
The only good cop show is Reno 911.

Chieppa1
10-13-2010, 03:38 PM
The Wire = Best "cop" show in history.

100% accurate.

And just to add. I stopped watch SVU when it started to used as a liberal mouthpiece. I think once Stabler said "who cares about his civil rights" for the tenth time, I had to stop. Think there was a recent episode about how great the Census is. "Look how easy we can find the criminal when we know who lives where.":rolleyes: