PDA

View Full Version : Truth

ruethewhirl
10-17-2007, 10:03 PM
"Truth can never be told so as to be understood, and not be believed."
William Blake

The above quote is about 150 years old. Needless to say, the world we live in today is vastly different than it was then. Our society is daily subjected to some very powerful means of mental conditioning via television/media. Though these forces have been increasing for a number of years, they've never been more prevalent than they are today. We've become passive, frightened, lazy, and apathetic. We're distracted by pseudo-reality television, and obsessed with celebrities. This has created a perfect environment for the establishment to disempower the people while advancing their agenda. Dark times indeed.

But I'm constantly reminded of the old proverb, "It's always darkest before the dawn". Over the course of these last 6 months or so , an even more powerful force is arising. This isn't a force built upon lies, corruption, and distraction. Rather, this is a force built upon TRUTH. This force doesn't suppress the mind, it liberates it. Our culture is starving for truth and more awareness. I believe that human beings have a deep intuition for truth. Once it's expressed in a way that can be understood, it will be believed. It's happening folks! Can you feel it? A new paradigm is on our doorstep. Do not become discouraged over the next few months. There will be pitfalls, criticism, and daily frustrations with the media. Don't let them bring us down to their level. We must stay united and continue to lift each other up. As the Hopi proverb goes, "We're the ones we've been waiting for". Use the force my friends! And thanks for allowing me to preach to the choir.

katao
10-18-2007, 02:43 AM
I believe that human beings have a deep intuition for truth.

And an inner craving to be free...

Thanks for posting and welcome to our truth seeking, freedom loving herd of cats... :D

goRPaul
10-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Welcome to Ron Paul Forums! You're gonna fit right in ;)

johngr
10-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Truth is an abstract concept with no referent. It exists in our minds only.

reaver
10-18-2007, 03:40 AM
Truth is an abstract concept with no referent. It exists in our minds only.

Oh so true... so true... right? I mean... wow... just wow...

Welcome aboard. :)

constituent
10-18-2007, 06:13 AM
The First "Truther" (http://www.answers.com/montaigne)