PDA

View Full Version : New Rand Paul Ad! Rand's Plan (video)

TheDriver
09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
http://capitalistbanner.com/2010/09/23/rand-paul-releases-new-political-ad-focused-on-issues-rands-plan/

YouTube - "Rand's Plan" - Rand Paul For US Senate - Kentucky - 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVorVi8gCJM)

low preference guy
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
that's a hardcore tea party message

sailingaway
09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I like a lot -- but he kind of shortened the parts we like best of the "Rand Plan", I wish it at least referred people to his web site for the rest of it. http://www.randpaul2010.com/2010/08/not-your-typical-politician-rands-plan/

Still, it's a hell of a lot better than Boehner's Pledge.
-
edit, I just put it as a comment on Erick Ericksson's RedState article.

MRoCkEd
09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Great last line. :p

low preference guy
09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I like a lot -- but he kind of shortened the parts we like best of the "Rand Plan", I wish it at least referred people to his web site for the rest of it.

Still, it's a hell of a lot better than Boehner's Pledge.

i'm really glad he referred to his plan of having contractors renounce lobbying voluntarily.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-23-2010, 06:15 PM
So this is the second official Paul campaign commercial of this race, and neither mentions Conway in any way, shape or form.

And yet....

http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog

Conway scoffs at Paul clarifications, says attacks show race is tight

Did Conway lie again?

Dreamofunity
09-23-2010, 07:01 PM
So this is the second official Paul campaign commercial of this race, and neither mentions Conway in any way, shape or form.

And yet....

Did Conway lie again?

I think he means third party attacks, to give him the benefit of the doubt, which there have been many.

I agree with Mrocked. That last line is a winner.

Libertea Party
09-23-2010, 07:29 PM
I think he means third party attacks, to give him the benefit of the doubt, which there have been many.

I agree with Mrocked. That last line is a winner.

Probably a reference to this:

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -- George Washington

TheTyke
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Amazing!!! Rand's ads have been top-notch, and so was his platform he laid out. Combine the two, and it's nearly perfect!

thomas-in-ky
09-23-2010, 08:30 PM
This commercial was definitely worth sharing with 600+ kentucky facebook friends. ;)

Brett85
09-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Great ad. This overshadows some of the recent concerns I've had about Rand. I hope he can keep going with a straight forward message.

Brett85
09-23-2010, 08:41 PM

And yet....

Did Conway lie again?

"Armed with both internal and independent polling that shows the race is tightening"

Which independent polls show the race is tightening? I haven't seen any.

Sola_Fide
09-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Screw John Boners pledge!

This is the pledge America needs to rally around!

Go Rand!

sailingaway
09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
"Armed with both internal and independent polling that shows the race is tightening"

After SUSA and Rasmussen both showed Rand 15 points up, CNN/Time panicked and ran a 'registered voter' (not likely voter) poll which came up tied. Even RealClearPolitics, a CNN/Time arm called it an 'outlier even for a registered voter poll'. It doesnt show a tightening though, because CNN/Time never ran one before to compare. The RCP average gives Rand an 8.8% lead, and NY Times's fivethirtyeight projection gives Rand a 90.6% chance of winning. It may be closer than that, but Jack is just blowing smoke.

Brett85
09-23-2010, 08:49 PM
After SUSA and Rasmussen both showed Rand 15 points up, CNN/Time panicked and ran a 'registered voter' (not likely voter) poll which came up tied. Even RealClearPolitics, a CNN/Time arm called it an 'outlier even for a registered voter poll'. It doesnt show a tightening though, because CNN/Time never ran one before to compare. The RCP average gives Rand an 8.8% lead, and NY Times's fivethirtyeight projection gives Rand a 90.6% chance of winning. It may be closer than that, but Jack is just blowing smoke.

Yeah, the Time poll actually came out over 2 weeks ago. Do you know for sure whether there will be a new Survey USA poll this Saturday?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM

None unless you count CNN's joke poll of registered voters. Though Arnold seemed to suggest in a previous blog that going from a fifteen point lead in SurveyUSA/Rasmussen to a seven point lead in PPP was the "tightening." Which is naive when you consider that the previous PPP poll before the most recent one had the race tied; thus a seven point swing in favor of Paul according to a democratic pollster paid for by Daily Kos.

http://i54.tinypic.com/wcgsxd.jpg

Do you know for sure whether there will be a new Survey USA poll this Saturday?

I'm guessing Sunday. It's the Courier-Journal's turn to be first (WHAS and the Courier-Journal alternate on who gets to release these polls first.)

sailingaway
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, the Time poll actually came out over 2 weeks ago. Do you know for sure whether there will be a new Survey USA poll this Saturday?

I've seen several references to it, but no certainty about Saturday. That's when they released it before. BUT since it is C-J's 'turn' to release the results we might have to wait until Sunday morning. I think last time it was their turn WHAS 11 at least released the 'top numbers' on the Saturday night but I can't swear to that.

Hallamaat
09-24-2010, 07:11 AM
I hate to be a Nitpicky Nancy despite the great message of the ad itself, but it looks like the author of the "Toady is the primary" email typed the captions for this ad as well. :p

Next, require congress to read the bills they vote on, then stop wateful spending by requirng a balanced budget by law.

amisspelledword
09-24-2010, 07:29 AM
I hate to be a Nitpicky Nancy despite the great message of the ad itself, but it looks like the author of the "Toady is the primary" email typed the captions for this ad as well. :p

Next, require congress to read the bills they vote on, then stop wateful spending by requirng a balanced budget by law.

i thought those were automated by YouTube ?

edit: nevermind, i think you're right. users upload the captions themselves. but i they could still be done using software

sailingaway
09-24-2010, 08:44 AM

Oh, well.

Principled, or literate, which do you want? :p

K466
09-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Exceptional ad! This is what he needs to win; clean and common sense ads like this.

Hallamaat
09-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh, well.

Principled, or literate, which do you want? :p

Hah! I'll take the former in times like these. For all I care right now, our much needed liberty candidates could be communicating in l33t sp34k and I'd still feel good about supporting them over the usual statists, hehe. :D

sailingaway
09-24-2010, 12:31 PM
This ad is SO good that the media doesn't seem to want to attach it to their articles. The AP even did a write up of it -- merely description of some of the text, no video.

romacox
09-24-2010, 12:40 PM
He sure is a good communicator, and that is what is most needed in the movement at this time. Awesome video.

nayjevin
09-24-2010, 12:43 PM
This commercial was definitely worth sharing with 600+ kentucky facebook friends. ;)

+1

libertybrewcity
09-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Probably a reference to this:

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -- George Washington

I love that quote. Keeping that for future use!

Maximus
09-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Fantastic, who is producing and making the actual ads? We need them for Ron's 2012 campaign

DeadheadForPaul
09-24-2010, 05:20 PM
fantastic, who is producing and making the actual ads? We need them for ron's 2012 campaign

+1776

sailingaway
09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
This ad needs funding for air time!

Remember the end of fiscal quarter fundraising event Sept 28-30!!

The only way to get Rand's real message through the mass of untrue statements is to give him the money to BLANKET the airwaves.