PDA

View Full Version : forbes: The GOP Pledge: Smaller Government, Bigger Deficits

sailingaway
09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
http://blogs.forbes.com/beltway/2010/09/23/the-gop-pledge-smaller-government-bigger-deficits/

Michigan11
09-23-2010, 07:27 PM
this article needs to be forwarded to every republican and steered towards Ron Paul in 2012 and liberty candidates we have now

Aratus
09-24-2010, 11:15 AM
clinton like grover cleveland once had a surplus until a GOP guy took over.
g. w. bush & his "war on terror" was rather expensive. the sunset clause of
the small business bill bush had is being ignored by the Democrats + the gop.

Original_Intent
09-24-2010, 11:22 AM
clinton like grover cleveland once had a surplus until a GOP guy took over.
g. w. bush & his "war on terror" was rather expensive. the sunset clause of
the small business bill bush had is being ignored by the Democrats + the gop.

The Clinton surplus is another statisical lie. The debt was growning slower than it had been, they call this a surplus. The deficit shrunk, nothing more - at no point did the "debt clock" stop or reverse directions - not even close.

Also, most calculations I ahve seen for the Clinton surplus were based on ten year projections and with assumptions that the economy would continue on it's upward path forever - assumptions that were patently false and even a few people at the time were saying were impossible.

I challenge anyone who says there was ever a Clinton surplus to show me one date and the total government debt, and then a later date with the government debt lower. It never happened.

Romulus
09-24-2010, 11:34 AM
The Clinton surplus is another statisical lie. The debt was growning slower than it had been, they call this a surplus. The deficit shrunk, nothing more - at no point did the "debt clock" stop or reverse directions - not even close.

Also, most calculations I ahve seen for the Clinton surplus were based on ten year projections and with assumptions that the economy would continue on it's upward path forever - assumptions that were patently false and even a few people at the time were saying were impossible.

I challenge anyone who says there was ever a Clinton surplus to show me one date and the total government debt, and then a later date with the government debt lower. It never happened.

Tell a lie enough times and it becomes a truth...

Aratus
09-24-2010, 11:37 AM
ok ---my mistake! fancy footwork
once again is bill clinton's forte...???
ron paul often praises potus cleveland