Anti Federalist
09-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Grade poll.

Right now it is getting an "F".

Open comments as well.

http://www.libertycentral.org/grade-the-pledge-to-america-2010-09

newyearsrevolution08
09-23-2010, 12:26 PM
woohoo fox's tea party is going 100% back to the constitution lol.

I don't want any actual liberty candidates trying to go under that banner with palin and those other b.s. fake patriots.

AuH20
09-23-2010, 12:27 PM
woohoo fox's tea party is going 100% back to the constitution lol.

I don't want any actual liberty candidates trying to go under that banner with palin and those other b.s. fake patriots.

The Tea Party hates this garbage. Maybe a quarter will swallow it.

sailingaway
09-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Gave it an F. Said it is time for establishment Republicans to listen, not talk.

Kotin
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
F!!

What a joke.

BetaMale
09-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Its not good, considering all of the time they've had to at least pretend that this was inspired by grassroots resistance against big government. This is proof once again that the GOP is out of touch and does not deserve power. If we vote them back in, we deserve everything we get.

Reason's blog has a nice quick little write up on why this sucks: http://reason.com/blog/2010/09/23/pledgin-their-time-but-not-to

bwlibertyman
09-23-2010, 01:10 PM
it hasn't gotten a single a vote yet.

ItsTime
09-23-2010, 01:32 PM
voted f.

Slutter McGee
09-23-2010, 02:00 PM
I am going to give it a D- just to be different from all yall.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

newyearsrevolution08
09-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I am going to give it a D- just to be different from all yall.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

I think that is how the Democratic party started as well lol.

Fozz
09-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I give it a C.

An F would be a wholesale rejection of liberty, a call for inflation, a call for war with Iran, and a military draft.

Maximus
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I was pleasantly surprised at the call to cite Constitutional authority in bills...

bunklocoempire
09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
To the GOP:

If you upheld your oath, you wouldn't have need for a "pledge".

:rolleyes::mad:

Bunkloco

BetaMale
09-23-2010, 02:20 PM
My brother mentioned it to me that the GOP is just not trying to upset old people. They would never mention anything about cutting entitlements. It would destroy them...

Brett85
09-23-2010, 02:46 PM
There really isn't a net decrease in spending in this when the GOP wants to keep spending trillions on endless war. Until we bring our troops home and end the empire we'll never balance the budget and pay off the debt.

Fozz
09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I was pleasantly surprised at the call to cite Constitutional authority in bills...

That is just a meaningless sop.

Dr.3D
09-23-2010, 03:03 PM
To the GOP:

If you upheld your oath, you wouldn't have need for a "pledge".

:rolleyes::mad:

Bunkloco

Well, there has to be some sort of penalty for violating the oath or their so called pledge, then perhaps we can discuss it further.

fisharmor
09-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, they were obviously aiming for founding principles but fairly immediately veered away.

Whenever the agenda of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the
people to institute a new governing agenda and set a different course.
These first principles were proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence, enshrined in the
Constitution, and have endured through hard sacrifice and commitment by generations of
Americans.

BZZZZZZT!!!! Wrong.
It is not the right of the people to set a new agenda,
it is the right of the people to alter or abolish the government itself.

Reading is fundamental.

Southron
09-23-2010, 03:08 PM

They will all just cite the commerce clause.

Anti Federalist
09-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow, they were obviously aiming for founding principles but fairly immediately veered away.

BZZZZZZT!!!! Wrong.
It is not the right of the people to set a new agenda,
it is the right of the people to alter or abolish the government itself.

Reading is fundamental.

Thread winner.

Been making that point all over.

specsaregood
09-23-2010, 03:38 PM

Ya know, I remember a rep talking about this and he said they already have such a rule in place. But everybody just cites the general welfare clause or commerce clause.

Brian4Liberty
09-23-2010, 03:42 PM
I gave it it a quick review. Here's my objections:

Nothing in the document about the Federal Reserve. What about the popular "Audit the Fed" drive that they pretended to co-sponsor? Lost somewhere?

The need for urgent action to repair our economy

"We are from the government, and we are here to help".

Urgent actions and long-winded "plans" are a little scary. The only action they need to take is to butt-out of the economy.

We pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based organizations that form the core of our American values.

Yawn. Gays and abortion. Such major fiscal issues. And they didn't want any gay or socially moderate votes anyway.

We offer a plan to stop out of-control spending and reduce the size of government. With common-sense exceptions for seniors, veterans, and our troops,...

So they are not going to cut war spending...

We will impose a net hiring freeze on non-security federal employees

Yippee. They will keep increasing the Homeland Security budget. Gee, where do they stand on violating American's rights via the "Patriot" Act? And of course they have to keep those million dollar checks flowing to the ADL and SPLC to put out short documents that attack the "Patriot" movement.

Expand Health Savings Accounts
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are popular savings accounts that provide cost effective health insurance to those who might otherwise go uninsured.

Just what I always wanted, Government controlled savings accounts. :rolleyes:

We are a nation at war. We must confront the worldwide threat of terrorism and to deal with the world as it is, not as we wish it to be.

More war... :(

And we will never apologize for advancing the cause of freedom and democracy around the world, nor will we abandon our historic role in lifting up those who struggle to receive the blessings of liberty.

More spreading "democracy" and nation building? :mad:

National security is more than just war fighting: it is protecting our citizens, bringing certainty to an uncertain world

Wow! "Certainty to an uncertain world," that will be impressive. How much will it cost? :rolleyes:

Demand an Overarching Detention Policy
Foreign terrorists do not have the same rights as American citizens, nor do they have more rights than U.S. military personnel.

Guantanamo forever! No constitutional rights, no POW rights, no rights at all.

Require Tough Enforcement of Sanctions against Iran

The Iranian regime is a state-sponsor of terrorism, has actively worked to harm our deployed troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and violates the rights and will of its own people. It has declared its determination to acquire a nuclear capability, which threatens its neighbors and the security of the United States. We will work to ensure the government aggressively and effectively implements the sanctions with the tools Congress has provided.

Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran! :rolleyes:

---

In summary, it's a neo-conservative manifesto, with a lot of lip service paid to small government and the Constitution.

Anti Federalist
09-23-2010, 06:25 PM
///

Michigan11
09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Voted this new pledge is a complete joke, remember the bullshi% contract with America in 94'. Even then before I was awakened, I thought that was ridiculous, we need to send out emails to everyone we know to go viral telling people what a scam this is. Keep pushing and keep it together!

Matt Collins
09-23-2010, 07:56 PM
we need to send out emails to everyone we know to go viral telling people what a scam this is. Keep pushing and keep it together!I'm on it!

Michigan11
09-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm on it!

Let's Get Ready!

Matt Collins
09-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Why don't you ask one of the Republicans who voted for TARP if they think that TARP is Constitutional? :cool:

The problem with these people is that they think the Constitution = whatever the courts say.

RSLudlum
09-23-2010, 08:25 PM
We will impose a net hiring freeze on non-security federal employees

Yippee. They will keep increasing the Homeland Security budget. Gee, where do they stand on violating American's rights via the "Patriot" Act? And of course they have to keep those million dollar checks flowing to the ADL and SPLC to put out short documents that attack the "Patriot" movement.

Not only that but at a time when just about anything including fat kids and school lunches are considered a national security threat, there's plenty of hiring that can be done under 'security' umbrella.

Southron
09-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I was at least hoping for some elimination of departments that we could get behind.

The spending cuts are so weak (assuming they follow through) that they would probably be less than the increases in defense/security spending proposed.

I honestly think that they grew the military-industrial complex so large since 9/11 that they are afraid not to feed it.

They probably rightly believe all the contractors and businesses that are feeding off defense spending will turn to the Democrats if they don't keep it up.

BetaMale
09-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Even my GOP friends have been posting on Facebook about how much bullshit this thing is. I have a feeling this will blow up in their face.

AlexMerced
09-23-2010, 08:58 PM
YouTube - GOP Pledge for America - My Thoughts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MB25M4UMM)

Fozz
09-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Just what I always wanted, Government controlled savings accounts. :rolleyes:
---

In summary, it's a neo-conservative manifesto, with a lot of lip service paid to small government and the Constitution.

Ron Paul supports medical savings accounts.

But other than that, I agree that this "pledge" SUCKS.

AlexMerced
09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
this would be a better "Pledge to America"

A Birpartisan Action Plan on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/15086209)

Matt Collins
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
http://animalspooing.com/data/media/2/pooping.jpg

bunklocoempire
09-23-2010, 10:07 PM
http://animalspooing.com/data/media/2/pooping.jpg

LOL! Thank you! Made my day!:D

Bunkloco

surf
09-23-2010, 10:33 PM
F (49%, 1,149 Votes)
D (16%, 364 Votes)
A (13%, 297 Votes)
C (12%, 282 Votes)
B (10%, 252 Votes)

purplechoe
09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Talk about a PR stunt... :rolleyes:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/politics/2010/09/23/sot.boehner.pledge.cnn.640x360.jpg

devil21
09-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Reminds me of Contract WIth America in the 90's, GWB's platform in 2000, etc etc....but now with more nation building, wars, and police state.

F grade, of course.

devil21
09-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Talk about a PR stunt... :rolleyes:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/politics/2010/09/23/sot.boehner.pledge.cnn.640x360.jpg

Quick! Everyone take off your ties so you look folksy. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
09-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Quick! Everyone take off your ties so you look folksy. :rolleyes:
And roll up your sleeves! :rolleyes:

Daamien
09-24-2010, 01:17 AM
F. By the way, you could have utilized the actual polling feature.

Imaginos
09-24-2010, 07:39 AM
F is too generous.
I'd like to give Z, if that's available.

Brian4Liberty
09-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Ron Paul supports medical savings accounts.

Yeah, it's a trade-off. Tax-break vs. Government control, bureaucracy, and Corporatism. Ron Paul is being practical, and almost always sides with tax-break or refund, which is often successful. Fighting the system all the time results in very few wins.

Anti Federalist
09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
///

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2010, 11:44 AM
It looks like "F" won the poll. Who in the world are all of these people who voted "A"? :confused: :rolleyes:

RokiLothbard
09-27-2010, 12:09 PM
D-

In a vaccum I might be able to give it a B. But they already all take an Oath to follow the constitution that they openly break all the time. So I don't see why I should consider it anything other than pure BS. Still, it might accidently influence one or two of the members of the parasite class to occassionally do the right thing, so I won't go all the way to an F.

phill4paul
09-27-2010, 12:13 PM
They already took a pledge.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Just live up to that one.:cool:

HOLLYWOOD
09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
They already took a pledge.

Just live up to that one.:cool:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/Blind_Pig/DSC04636.jpg

Pauls' Revere
09-27-2010, 10:55 PM
F (37%, 1,809 Votes)
B (19%, 914 Votes)
C (16%, 788 Votes)
A (15%, 721 Votes)
D (13%, 669 Votes)

LOL

The people aren't buying this crap again!

Matt Collins
09-27-2010, 11:59 PM
YouTube - SA@TAC - Ron Paul's Pledge to America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu8YotE2WHI)