PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Chris Christie?

Brett
09-23-2010, 11:55 AM
He seems way above average for Republicans, and he tells it how it is. I don't know anything about his foreign policy, but I doubt he has many statements about it.

Real question: If he won the primary would you vote for him in 2012, or go third party? I'll assume we'd all support Paul in the primary above him, but if it's him or Palin I think I would vote for him, even over Paul.

silverhandorder
09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Primary I would vote Paul. If Christie is in the general I would vote for him.

Sola_Fide
09-23-2010, 01:03 PM
He doesn't have a philosophical and principled opposition to goverment that I can see.

silverhandorder
09-23-2010, 01:05 PM
He is cutting NJ government when it needs cutting. That is better then anything else I saw in the presidents we got.

specsaregood
09-23-2010, 01:13 PM
He is cutting NJ government when it needs cutting. That is better then anything else I saw in the presidents we got.

I am liking what he is doing, except I'll be really impressed when he starts attacking the drug laws. 30% of the prisoners in NJ are there on nonviolent drug crimes. And it accounts for a huge part of our budget.

He said during the campaign that he would much prefer to do a rehab/vocational training type solution than prison. I'd like to seem him follow through.

Slutter McGee
09-23-2010, 01:14 PM
He doesn't have a philosophical and principled opposition to goverment that I can see.

He is cutting government....in Jersey. Jersey.

Sounds principled to me.

Jersey...the only place more corrupt than Chicago.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

libertarian4321
09-23-2010, 01:15 PM
From what little I've seen, he's better than the average Republican, but I don't really know all that much about him yet.

bwlibertyman
09-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah I agree. He is doing a lot of good things on the state level. The state level is where things need to change. He's doing a good job of cutting spending. I like it.

Deborah K
09-23-2010, 01:17 PM
The progressives hate him - that's good enough for me - for now.

kpfareal
09-23-2010, 01:21 PM
He just vetoed a bill that will shut down a bunch of abortion clinics in NJ:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/247495/christie-veto-shuts-down-abortion-clinics-nj-daniel-foster

I like him.

I would vote for him over Palin, Romney, Gingrich, Pawlenty, almost any GOPer except for Ron Paul...

ChaosControl
09-23-2010, 01:26 PM
If he won the primary would you vote for him in 2012, or go third party?
I don't know enough about him to answer that yet. But I can say he seems infinitely better than the other Goporkers hear about.

Daamien
09-23-2010, 01:28 PM
As a Governor I like his very bold attempts at cutting spending. As a US Attorney I highly disapproved of him authorizing warrentless wiretapping. I'm beginning to like him more each day, but his positions on a variety of issues are still unknown.

angelatc
09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
The progressives hate him - that's good enough for me - for now.

I just read two thing about him today that I liked. He managed to defund a Planned Parenthood out of business, and he jumped down into the crowd to confront a heckler face to face.

Speculation is that his current tour (CA, OH, MI, PA) is gearing him up for some level of participation on the national stage. VP was their conclusion, but I wouldn't be surprised if he threw his hat in the ring for President.

I'd take him over Newt and Mitt any day.

Deborah K
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I just read two thing about him today that I liked. He managed to defund a Planned Parenthood out of business, and he jumped down into the crowd to confront a heckler face to face.

Speculation is that his current tour (CA, OH, MI, PA) is gearing him up for some level of participation on the national stage. VP was their conclusion, but I wouldn't be surprised if he threw his hat in the ring for President.

Oh Gawd me too! Any day!

AuH2O
09-23-2010, 02:31 PM

I guess you missed yesterday when he explicitly said "I'm not ready," and "I'm absolutely not the one."

brandon
09-23-2010, 02:32 PM
He's a scum bag politician, but he is a giant improvement over Corzine and he sometimes provides entertainment by publicly lambasting the teacher's union.

thehighwaymanq
09-23-2010, 02:36 PM
He cut the shit out of education and if you say one positive word about him in schools you get ripped apart.

I live in Jersey and I am very pro-Christie. But its too early for him to run for Prez

Imperial
09-23-2010, 04:05 PM
He gave probably the best statement about the "Ground Zero Mosque" that I saw come from any politican, even Ron Paul.

He basically said that both left and right had massively politicized the issue, and that he felt it wasn't his place to say anything more about the subject than that.

Matt Collins
09-30-2010, 01:02 AM
This video seems to be making the rounds:

YouTube - Chris Cristie For President In 2012 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab4BT2WiZF4)