PDA

View Full Version : You now need a government license to sell your home?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-23-2010, 08:48 AM
If what this guy says is true (and I have no doubt it is) than wow... just wow... I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f14/cap-and-trade-license-required-your-home-44750/

virgil47
09-23-2010, 09:53 AM
If what this guy says is true (and I have no doubt it is) than wow... just wow... I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f14/cap-and-trade-license-required-your-home-44750/

No doubt true but then again "your" house does not really belong to you! It already belongs to the gov. as you must pay rent to live in it. Don't believe me try not paying your rent (taxes) and you'll soon find out who really owns the place you call home.

Expatriate
09-23-2010, 11:07 AM
No doubt true but then again "your" house does not really belong to you! It already belongs to the gov. as you must pay rent to live in it. Don't believe me try not paying your rent (taxes) and you'll soon find out who really owns the place you call home.

I've heard that the middle of the wilderness in Alaska has no property taxes. Anybody know of any other places like that in the US?

On topic: if that is true, it's a load of BS, and I'm getting way too used to reading about things like this every single time I come on the forums.

youngbuck
09-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Selling your house is a privilege granted to you by the benevolent state.

rancher89
09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Yes, that is part of the cap and trade legislation that has been passed by the HoR, but not by the Senate yet.

It's all tied into making everyone upgrade their homes to be energy efficient...to save the world....

Wonder how that will work on a cave....

newyearsrevolution08
09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I sold a house and the fuckin taxes were BULLSHIT

still hurts my stomach to think about it

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I've heard that the middle of the wilderness in Alaska has no property taxes. Anybody know of any other places like that in the US?

Houseboat :)

DisillusionedPatriot
09-23-2010, 02:27 PM
This is only one of the absurdities we face if we allow this bill to move forward. It must be stopped.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-23-2010, 04:53 PM
bump