PDA

View Full Version : John Dennis wants a televised debate with Pelosi. SIGN PETITION!

Romantarchist
09-23-2010, 05:52 AM
From JohnDennis2010.com:

San Francisco, CA -- Congressional candidate John Dennis personally delivered a formal invitation to debate to the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, located in the new downtown Federal Building (California 8th Congressional District, San Francisco, CA).

The written debate invitation, which included a request for response from the Congresswoman by Wednesday, September 22nd, was accepted by a staff member and delivered to Pelosi's District Director.

"The voters need to compare and contrast our positions on the critical issues facing the district and the nation," John Dennis said. "They need to know why she has turned her back on our district and reversed her position on many key issues. Ms. Pelosi has never explained these reversals, ranging from her support of the Patriot Act to voting to continue the Afghanistan war to supporting bank bailouts. Voters deserve to see how we compare on issues that affect every citizen in our district. This can only happen in a formal debate aired throughout San Francisco."

The John Dennis campaign will be posting a "Debate Watch" clock at the Campaign website. It will track the time it takes for Congresswoman Pelosi to respond to John Dennis' invitation. The Campaign will also post an online petition for visitors to sign which will urge Pelosi to accept John Dennis' invitation.

“Families, homeowners and small business owners are struggling under mounds of debt and taxes,” added Dennis. “The wars wage on, the federal government continues to recklessly spend and the economy is not getting better. Under Pelosi’s leadership, Washington has created failed policies and excuses that need to be debated in a fair and honest forum.”

The John Dennis for Congress campaign offered to cover the logistic expenses of a televised debate, in order to save taxpayer dollars.

The petition can be found at: http://www.johndennis2010.com/debate

Working Poor
09-23-2010, 06:35 AM
I bet a dollar Nancy won't debate John or even respond. I believe her re-election stradegy will be to completely ignore her challenger.

Brian4Liberty
09-23-2010, 09:51 AM
I bet a dollar Nancy won't debate John or even respond. I believe her re-election stradegy will be to completely ignore her challenger.

That seems to be the media's strategy too... :mad:

BuddyRey
09-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Signed!

Working Poor
09-23-2010, 06:03 PM
I just want to add that I think next to Ron being President John Dennis has my full support. I think it was very ballsy for him to portray Nancy as the wicked witch in his last ad. I rotflmao

I hope to God he wins I think Nancy is about as corupt as they come.

dannno
09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
I'll bet Pelosi doesn't even know she has a challenger.

Whoever on her staff first informs her of John Dennis will likely be assigned the task of taking care of him.

Working Poor
09-23-2010, 06:27 PM

Whoever on her staff first informs her of John Dennis will likely be assigned the task of taking care of him.

I wish I could lend him one of my angels. I realize if he seems to be gaining traction it could be dangerous for him.

Working Poor
09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_favorability_ratings

Her approval ratings are not good this could only help John's chances.

Imperial
09-23-2010, 07:03 PM

Her office release.d a statement about the Wizard of Oz ad I think that said it was pretty funny.

DirtMcGirt
09-23-2010, 11:19 PM

I am pretty sure that's what she did in '08. I recall seeing a youtube of her Democratic challenger marching around her offices trying to get her to debate...