PDA

View Full Version : When will we realize we're all the same?

steve005
09-23-2010, 04:32 AM
If you see and injustice happening to someone how can you say "it doesn't effect me"?
our fore-fathers put their life on the line ANYTIME they saw an injustice happening, they died many times defending freedom of others, because they didn't see it as for others they saw it as for themselves, but today people just don't care about anything but themselves.(in a more short term way) I'm at the point where if I see someone being mistreated by cops I will step in and help that person, even if it means loosing my life or freedom, that doesn't make me an extremist, that is how eveyone was two hundred years ago, back then if they saw someone being hurt by police they realized it could just as easyily happen to them or their loved ones, we are not seperat, we are one, start acting like it! so what you might loose your life, its for a better cause then living for plesure, which most in america are only worried about, blood of tyrants and patriots must be spilled to water the tree of freedom, I know I'll be put on somelists for this post but I don't care, this is the truth, guns are for a last resort against tyrrnny

bwlibertyman
09-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I agree. People do need to start standing up. We need to stand up when we see people being bullied. We need to start being more charitable. If everybody donated and helped out the less fortunate there would be no need for a welfare state because everybody would be taken care up. People definitely need to start standing up.

steve005
09-23-2010, 02:20 PM
exactly, we need to have empathy, for every human, not just americans, that means stop fighting wars

DisillusionedPatriot
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
"Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people." - John Adams

"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime, and the punishment of his guilt." - John Philpot Curran

DisillusionedPatriot
09-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm at the point where if I see someone being mistreated by cops I will step in and help that person, even if it means loosing my life or freedom, that doesn't make me an extremist, that is how eveyone was two hundred years ago

I have reached the same conclusion. Now whenever I am walking or driving and see people pulled over by cops, I stop, go over, and remind them of their rights, including to remain silent. I carry a copy of the Constitution with me at all times for this purpose. I have also begun carrying my flip video camera - from now on bad cops will be in my files, and maybe on the internet, too :)

Arklatex
09-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm so tired of the society we have put up with. Fluoride in the water, the IRS is purposely trying to destroy Americans. We stand by and put up with injustices and say "well i'll just be quite and maybe they won't bother me"

it's time for a revolution

Dan-1281
09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
YouTube - Great Minds: Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot [new HD version] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lm6pEhykhs)

forsmant
09-23-2010, 03:36 PM
What if a foreign dictator isn't allowing his people access to food? Where is your empathy there?

mczerone
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
What if a foreign dictator isn't allowing his people access to food? Where is your empathy there?

Empathy is still there, means to affect change has been removed.

And just because you would help anyone doesn't mean you can help everyone.

JustinTime
09-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Well I dont think we are all the same for one second... but liberty isnt much good if its only liberty for things we can build a large consensus around. I too see it as a problem, IMO that mentality is the greatest threat to freedom.