PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Subtly Announces He's Running for President in 2012?

Epic
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul on FOX Business News 09/21/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxv8kMqWbQ)

Not ready to do that…. in time it’ll come about, you know the issue I’ve been very interested in. I think that issue is building… the dollar is under attack…. and I’m going to want to speak out on it because I feel strongly on what we ought to do.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/22/did-ron-paul-admit-that-he-is-running-for-president-in-2012-video/#ixzz10IRugqMH

TC95
09-22-2010, 03:48 PM
No, he didn't.

Agorism
09-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Strong indications he wants to run.

awake
09-22-2010, 04:10 PM
He is not going to pass up the teaching moment.

fisharmor
09-22-2010, 04:22 PM
He is not going to pass up the teaching moment.

This.
However, I'm on the side that thinks that unless people start getting their asses in gear right now, that's all it will ever be.
If all the lovers of liberty ever want to do is teach, then they'll never win, and the teaching is therefore pointless.

payme_rick
09-22-2010, 04:45 PM
If all the lovers of liberty ever want to do is teach, then they'll never win, and the teaching is therefore pointless.

Depends on how many are taught and if the lessons are received, and how many out of the taught continue to teach...

Teaching is probably the mos important thing, is it not?

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM
This.
However, I'm on the side that thinks that unless people start getting their asses in gear right now, that's all it will ever be.

yeah i hear ya. Hell we cannot even get hard core supporters to do the simple things like Ron paul asked them to do! I am highly doubting that Ron Paul will win the gop nomination in 2012 unless something big happens to overcome the failed actions of ron paul supporters to win him the gop nomination!! something needs to change soon. a good first step would be lp/cp/tp to actually start showing to gop meetings and getting involved in the gop!!

The gop will help elect obama for a 2nd term is what i am seeing unless something big happens to wake up the failed gop!!

Anti Federalist
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Ugh, please, for the love of God, everybody stop posting threads that say "Ron is Running" unless and until he clearly says so.

payme_rick
09-22-2010, 04:49 PM
As for the bolded text being a subtle "yes, I am going to run", all I can say is wow! You read a little, okay A LOT too much into that...

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 04:51 PM
As for the bolded text being a subtle "yes, I am going to run", all I can say is wow! You read a little, okay A LOT too much into that...

He has to Run or the gop will continue down the worthless path!!

UtahApocalypse
09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
He has to Run or the gop will continue down the worthless path!!

in Michigan the GOP is supporting a Democrat rather then a "Ron Paul" type of republican. They don't care who is in power, as long as they play the same cards.

ronpaulraps
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I think he's going to run. I sure hope he runs

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Ugh, please, for the love of God, everybody stop posting threads that say "Ron is Running" unless and until he clearly says so.

There wass a post a while back where Carol said that he would run if we needed him. Can you think of any circumstance where we wouldn't need him? I can't.

His running is also more than a teaching moment. By running, he changes the debate - forces other candidates to deal with issues they would otherwise ignore. Besides, we've got a chance of actually winning.

-t

ClayTrainor
09-22-2010, 05:16 PM
I think he'll run because he can't pass up the opportunity to promote liberty on a national scale, but I also think it's pretty clear that he doesn't actually want the job, based on how he responded here.

Anti Federalist
09-22-2010, 05:22 PM
There wass a post a while back where Carol said that he would run if we needed him. Can you think of any circumstance where we wouldn't need him? I can't.

His running is also more than a teaching moment. By running, he changes the debate - forces other candidates to deal with issues they would otherwise ignore. Besides, we've got a chance of actually winning.

-t

Of course we need him to and of course I want him to.

But there are many variables, not limited to himself either.

I'm just suggesting that folks stop posting threads that say "OMG Ron is Running!!!!!!11!!" or words to that effect when he clearly has not said that.

I'm sure he's considering it, I'm even pretty sure he's leaning strongly toward it, but he certainly has not made a concrete decision yet.

SamuraisWisdom
09-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Hahaha quote of the day, "Whoever wants to be President under THESE circumstances ought to be examined!" Glad the guy has a sense of humor :D

Anti Federalist
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Hahaha quote of the day, "Whoever wants to be President under THESE circumstances ought to be examined!" Glad the guy has a sense of humor :D

Lawlz, yeah right.

HOLLYWOOD
09-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Ron does need to run, just to keep the fire burning and hold the GOP hacks accountable. Even if he can't win (Due to the establishment/elitist planned sabotage).

More and More each day are starting to see the liberty light and the Imperial propaganda. On C-SPAN's Washington Journal, more and more callers from all parties are calling out the endless wars, Military industrial Complex, Empire building, spending. More and more each day are catching on and looking past the propaganda.

Ron needs to run to keep the Liberty Tree watered with new buckets of Americans.

Bruno
09-22-2010, 06:10 PM
How can you listen to his words and see his enthusiasm and not think he is going to run?

heavenlyboy34
09-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Depends on how many are taught and if the lessons are received, and how many out of the taught continue to teach...

Teaching is probably the mos important thing, is it not?

Yep. Because without the teaching part, people will default to statism-as that is what TPTB drill into sheeple's heads in the schools, media, etc. Freedom is much harder than regimism (regimism/statism are easy, which is part of why they are popular), hence the need for teachers/spokespersons for individual liberty.:cool:

MelissaCato
09-22-2010, 07:02 PM
We need to get the Media on our side .. at least one of the FOX's. Why isn't Ron Paul on Freedom Watch now like he was on the internet show ? He hardly ever missed a show on the internet. We NEED that coverage on Cable !!!

Maybe not so much now beings it's only mid-term, but for the primaries and general it's a must. We CANNOT let the Media dishonor him this time around.

It would also be nice to link a Cable Network with all our door to door canvassing for his campaign, we didn't have that last time. We simply had to say he is ignored via the MSM. It was like we pulled RPaul out of a hat and decided he should be POTUS. That sucked.

specialblend, why do you say this -- "Hell we cannot even get hard core supporters to do the simple things like Ron paul asked them to do! I am highly doubting that Ron Paul will win the gop nomination in 2012 unless something big happens to overcome the failed actions of ron paul supporters to win him the gop nomination!! "

--- that is not so. RPaul was on the primary ballot in Pennsylvania. The hard core Ron Paul supporters in 2007-2008 in my area did exactly that. We had people never ever into politics get the signatures they needed for councils, delegates, GOP seats etc .. locally. That was huge !!! One of the ladies was pregnant and she got the votes for goodness sake.

You people arn't giving credit where credit is due, you think all the die hard Ron Paul supporters were in career politics ? No, not from my neck of the woods they isn't... 1/2 of the people campaigning for him here are general laborers, farmers, backwood builders, welders and waitresses who never graduated HS. Never even registered to vote till Ron Paul's MeetUp.

How many people voted for RPaul in the state of PA ? or each County and Wards respectively ? Those facts alone tell of our efforts.

We did GREAT dispite the media who ignored him .. we were a bunch of people not knowing the difference between left and right with 1/2 the people not even registered to vote when we first grouped.

Don't make it sound like everyone has to be a Collins or Kokesh to get RPaul elected POTUS.

Can we do better this time around ? Can Ron Paul win 2012 ? YES WE CAN !!!!!!!! Darn it.

Just saying. :cool:

Romulus
09-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Clearly I think Ron is getting excited.. its up to us to show some support to keep nudging him in the right direction!

K466
09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
That was the the closest Ron Paul has got to saying yes so far! Can't wait till the campaign begins :D

ItsTime
09-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Be ready, start saving your change, money bomb in January.....

S.Shorland
09-23-2010, 02:47 PM
There's no money in electing RP,that's the trouble.Those with the real power don't want him elected.Short of post revolution,I don't think he would ever be allowed to get elected.The same goes for Schiff.

Romulus
09-23-2010, 02:50 PM
There's no money in electing RP,that's the trouble.Those with the real power don't want him elected.Short of post revolution,I don't think he would ever be allowed to get elected.The same goes for Schiff.

Yes.. there is no money in Peace either. It's an uphill battle.. one worth fighting for.

Deborah K
09-23-2010, 02:57 PM
This.

I agree, which is why I started a thread about it a few months ago which I can't find now. WTF???

Deborah K
09-23-2010, 02:58 PM

That's not true. Electing RP would create much prosperity for the future. The problem is that tptb would have to relinquish control, which they will never do without a fight.

JoshLowry
09-23-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree, which is why I started a thread about it a few months ago which I can't find now. WTF???

Lots of old threads are archived off from the public. Especially if the thread happened to make it's way to HT.

Matt Collins
09-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes.. there is no money in Peace either.
Are you kidding me?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Peace = productivity = prosperity.
War = distraction = destruction.

Of course the caveat is that peace leads to prosperity for everyone (the rising tide lifts all boats). War however only leads to prosperity for special interests.

paulitics
09-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm going to give them my feedback tomorrow.

GOP 202.863.8500

MelissaCato
09-24-2010, 02:28 AM
The problem is that tptb would have to relinquish control, which they will never do without a fight.

-- America was born 2 fight tptb. Who is the super power again ? Ohhh ya, tiz us. :D

Ron Paul 2012 !!! :D

YouTube - Battle Hymn of the Republic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtNVEbasOo)

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-24-2010, 04:19 AM

+1