PDA

View Full Version : Calling a police officer nazi went wrong

RonPaulwillWin
09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
What do you guys think? He was kind of a douche but was he within his rights?

http://www.index.hr/video/film.aspx?id=9429

libertarian4321
09-22-2010, 12:50 PM
The guy was a jackass, but the cops should have just ignored him and walked away.

Vessol
09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
The guy was a jackass, but the cops should have just ignored him and walked away.

This.

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
The first problem is giving Nazi's (fascists) police uniforms.
:(

phill4paul
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I think they proved him right. Made him show his papers then arrested him for the all encompassing and equally vague charge of "disorderly conduct" when he did nothing more than exercise his First Amendment Right from the sanctity of his private property.

JoshLowry
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
*doublefacepalm* One for each of these jackasses.

oyarde
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM

Yes , and especially since he was inside his own garage. ( I take it this is the one from a few weeks ago in Washington state ) .

Lord Xar
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
hmmm. I don't see what the home owner did wrong? He was on his own property, asked the officers a few times to leave, they didn't, and other than being verbally abrasive, I don't see an issue.

Do police officers, or anybody for that matter, have a right to walk on your property, and actually enter your premises (garage) without your permission even after explicitly asking them to leave? What kind of precedent does this create.. officers can pretty much go where they please, regardless of privacy rights?

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
hmmm. I don't see what the home owner did wrong? He was on his own property, asked the officers a few times to leave, they didn't, and other than being verbally abrasive, I don't see an issue.

Do police officers, or anybody for that matter, have a right to walk on your property, and actually enter your premises (garage) without your permission even after explicitly asking them to leave? What kind of precedent does this create.. officers can pretty much go where they please, regardless of privacy rights?

They kind of proved his point.
1st Amendment,,check
4th amendment,,check

definitely no Oathkeepers there.
:(

fisharmor
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM

Dude's lucky he lived. The precedent has been set: I'm pretty happy with this outcome, considering how it could have gone.

JoshLowry
09-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Dude's lucky he lived. The precedent has been set: I'm pretty happy with this outcome, considering how it could have gone.

Yea, I was cringing as I waited for one of the cops to tackle the guy. I'm surprised it didn't happen.

phill4paul
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Yea, I was cringing as I waited for one of the cops to tackle the guy. I'm surprised it didn't happen.

This kind of expectation, and I admit I had my doubts, is at the heart of the matter. How did we get to the point that this would be expected behavior?
Asking for "ze paperz" use to be a joke. Now it is expected and worse complied with.:mad:

oyarde
09-22-2010, 02:44 PM

Yes , clearly his resistance may have been cause to be tazed , shot , beaten ?

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes , clearly his resistance may have been cause to be tazed , shot , beaten ?

Yeah, he was only arrested and charged for speaking (apparently the truth) on his own land.

:mad:

oyarde
09-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah, he was only arrested and charged for speaking (apparently the truth) on his own land.

:mad:

When I first saw it I thought there would be no charges filed by the prosecution . They would be stupid to do so . Guy could come right back with a civil suit against the town and win . They would be better off to sweep it under the rug and tell the cops no more conversations with random people on own property.

phill4paul
09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Also what is this shit about asking for a Drivers License? Fuck off! I'm in "my" garage not on "YOUR" road.

devil21
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
He really should have just closed the garage door when he saw them walking up. He made it easy for them by confronting them and acknowledging them. He should have just closed the door and not said anything else. The cops would have left.

oyarde
09-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Also what is this shit about asking for a Drivers License? Fuck off! I'm in "my" garage not on "YOUR" road.

When I am busy drinking beer in my garage I do not have my wallet . I leave it on my nightstand unless I leave the house . Who has a drivers license in the garage ? My road anyway , I pay for it :)

oyarde
09-22-2010, 03:14 PM
He really should have just closed the garage door when he saw them walking up. He made it easy for them by confronting them and acknowledging them. He should have just closed the door and not said anything else. The cops would have left.

Probably correct . Of course I would not have been yelling at them anyway . I kind of have this thing about not drawing attention .