PDA

View Full Version : Next Big Issue?

Slutter McGee
09-22-2010, 11:17 AM
I think that the audit the fed issue was more a boost to a possible 2012 Ron Paul Presidential run than any other thing. This legislation, and the way we pushed and championed it gave Dr. Paul a hell of a lot of tv time and ignited grassroots conservatives in favor of an audit, even if they had not been supporters of Dr. Paul.

While I certainly don't think we should stop pushing for a full audit of the FED, I do think that this next year it would be beneficial to find another issue or bill, championed by Dr. Paul that we could unite behind. But I just don't know what that issue would be.

Legalized growing of Hemp is wonderful, but we all know it won't unite any bit of the conservative base behind it or lead to a plethora of tv appearences.

As much as I love the idea of competing currencies, it is an issue that would fail to gain much populist support.

So what issue is there that we can use as an outlet for promoting Dr. Paul this next year? Things like healthcare and the debt are being championed by everyone with an R next to their name.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Elwar
09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
He has said that he'll be pushing for an audit of the US gold reserves next year...

Anti Federalist
09-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Energy issues.

Slutter McGee
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
He has said that he'll be pushing for an audit of the US gold reserves next year...

I certainly support this, but I just don't see it gaining the same amount of populist support. Ironically to most people, the FED is a more accurate representation of the fiscal health of our nation than is our Gold Reserves.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Slutter McGee
09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Energy issues.

Energy issues have been kind of lost on everyone with this new healthcare bill. You might be right on this.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Elwar
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I certainly support this, but I just don't see it gaining the same amount of populist support. Ironically to most people, the FED is a more accurate representation of the fiscal health of our nation than is our Gold Reserves.

I think his goal with this is that it should be a no-brainer that we should be able to count how much gold we have...who would be against it?

But there will be a lot of people in power who -are- against it. And the light will need to be shined on them.

And if it does pass...and we don't have gold at Fort Knox...the Fed will be quite out of favor with the America public.

payme_rick
09-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Energy issues for sure...

Elwar
09-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Energy issues.

The masses tend to think that the solution to energy issues lies with the government.

Ron Paul would have no standing on this. He's built his life around monetary policy.

LibertyMage
09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Bringing the troops home framed as a protect the border initiative. Resonates with conservatives (immigration) and liberals (non-foreign intervention).

BetaMale
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Its the economy, stupid.

Audit the Fed is Ron Paul's strongest issue, but most Americans don't care enough of issues like that to get rallied in vast numbers for a presidential election.

He needs to focus on the economy, and weave the Fed into that. That will resonate with angry republicans.

bwlibertyman
09-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree. I think the economy is the biggest thing that can get people behind him. A lot of people are mad about spending and how it is hurting the economy. Spending and the economy.

phill4paul
09-22-2010, 01:42 PM
The trouble with the end the Fed angle is that most Americans just don't get what the Fed is. It would take a major educational campaign and since it is so nebulous in the minds of most Americans the oppositions message would just create further misunderstanding.
I think it is, and for a while will be, the economy.
Smaller more efficient government = lower deficit = less taxes.
Smaller military footprint abroad = a better homeland defense force = lower deficit = lower taxes
Less foreign aid = lower deficit = lower taxes = domestic aid

oyarde
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Its the economy, stupid.

Audit the Fed is Ron Paul's strongest issue, but most Americans don't care enough of issues like that to get rallied in vast numbers for a presidential election.

He needs to focus on the economy, and weave the Fed into that. That will resonate with angry republicans.

Yes , and cheap energy ( no cap & tax ) is a major componet in any manufatcturing recovery .

Southron
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
If there is anything worthwhile in the new Contract with America tomorrow, we could use it because it's bound to get plenty of press.

oyarde
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
If there is anything worthwhile in the new Contract with America tomorrow, we could use it because it's bound to get plenty of press.

Yes , it will likely get more exposure than anything since the health care bill .

specsaregood
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
The masses tend to think that the solution to energy issues lies with the government.

Ron Paul would have no standing on this. He's built his life around monetary policy.

Except oil is explicitly related to monetary policy. re: petrodollar.

Mach
09-22-2010, 02:31 PM
People in general are getting sick of all of the wars that are killing Americans and sucking a lot of money out of their pockets.

War, for or against, is a very emotional subject, emotion is what really gets people out to vote.

LibertyMage
09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Its the economy, stupid.

This sounds logical, but this is what everyone is going to be running on. Immigration is what really enrages conservatives. Getting them - and the independents - in our camp could be huge.

erowe1
09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Repeal Obamacare.

He should take the lead on an issue that most Republican voters already want. When this issue is in the news in the next congressional term, and the House Republican leadership starts compromising, Ron Paul should be the most recognizable face of those insisting on a genuine repeal, and not something that replaces some unconstitutional provisions with some different unconstitutional provisions. And he shouldn't allow any other wannabes like Pence or Ryan to steal his thunder on this either.

Rancher
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Honest money.

specsaregood
09-22-2010, 02:43 PM
This sounds logical, but this is what everyone is going to be running on. Immigration is what really enrages conservatives. Getting them - and the independents - in our camp could be huge.

That isn't gonna work for Dr. Paul. He won't want to demagogue that issue.

Slutter McGee
09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
I was thinking of something he can champion, not just run on. Something that will get him that coveted air time.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee