PDA

View Full Version : Mourning in America [Republican Ad]

Epic
09-22-2010, 10:06 AM
YouTube - Mourning.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXqf_6ug54)

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Bleeehh,

The (R's) are just as responsible for the state of things as the (D's) are.

And that is historical fact.
:mad:

Toureg89
09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
+1 to that. while i hate democrats, i hate hypocrites even more.

newyearsrevolution08
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I am done with republicans and democrats and well ALL PARTIES.

Let's get an American Party going, everyone under one banner

or here is a thought

REMOVE ALL PARTIES and let each candidate simply state their views, stances and what they will do. Who cares if they are dem or repub and without those damn badges we can remove idiot party voters and MAKE people actually VOTE based on their views.

Also I don't think POLLS should be released before the vote. You always get, don't vote for anyone but the assumed winner of our party OR the other party might win. It's a wasted vote! wasted vote? I am so sick of that.

libertarian4321
09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
This ad would make more sense if it came from the Libertarian Party rather than the other big government party (the Republicans).

ssforronpaul
09-22-2010, 04:51 PM
I assume the CFTR is a group assosciated with the republicans. I have researched a little, but could only find mostly what their website listed: officers and directors, who were mostly associated with Reagan and his administration. I read elsewhere that this was a revival of Reagan's CFTR, but I don't know anything about that either. Beyond what their website states. Does anyone know what Reagan CFTR was about?

I found their mission statement on their website:

Citizens for the Republic (CFTR) is a national organization dedicated to revitalizing the conservative movement. Through education, grassroots organization, advocacy, and political activism, CFTR promotes the principles of limited government, maximum freedom, personal responsibility, peace through strength, and defense of the dignity of every individual. These are the ideas that Ronald Reagan championed when he founded the original CFTR in 1977 to make conservatism a vibrant political force.

In January of 1977, Ronald Reagan launched Citizens for the Republic, his political action committee designed to advance the conservative cause at a time when it seemed as if the ideology of less government, more freedom and the dignity of the private individual was in danger of being permanently abandoned in America.
Through CFTR, Reagan led the way for a Republican revival by making it the party of small government, a strong foreign policy and renewed liberty. Reagan took the tired, run-down GOP and turned it into a vibrant political force which drew sustenance from the millions of conservative Americans who believed in these principles.

Some thirty years later, the GOP finds itself in much the same condition; worn down incapable of articulating a competing message and compelling vision to stand up against the liberal onslaught likely to come under President Barack Obama and the liberal elite that now dominates nearly every facet of American government and culture, from the White House and Capitol Hill, to colleges and Hollywood.

The belief that man’s freedom comes from God and not the State is once again in danger of being extinguished in America. Once again, the Republican Party is in danger of extinction.

The renewed Citizens for the Republic is a hardy band of Reaganites, dedicated to the vision and principles of the Founding Fathers, believing the natural goodness lies in the individual and not in the government, that the government is to protect the rights of the citizens, not to impede them.

As Ronald Reagan said, “the role of government is not to protect us from ourselves, it is to protect us from each other.” Reagan understood that America was a rugged, do it yourself enterprise and that any government big enough to do everything for you is also big enough to take everything away from you.

Our fights will be many.

CFTR will fight leftist, big government elites.

CFTR will fight those who use good conservative principles to bad ends.

CFTR will fight for the rights and privacy of the individual.

CFTR is about applying the conservative political philosophy of Reagan—as well as Bill Buckley, Barry Goldwater, Thomas Jefferson, and many others--to the current problems facing our country.

ssforronpaul

ssforronpaul
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
This link describes it a little more: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Citizens_for_the_Republic. If this is true I like what they say in the bolded section, but it could just be words.

This question was brought up about this group almost three years ago on Daily Paul but it did not get any response. http://www.dailypaul.com/node/3078

Citizens for the Republic (CFTR), a political action committee formed in 1977 "to attract conservative support"[1] by then-Governor Ronald Reagan, in Santa Monica, CA,[2] and "created with money and mailing lists left over" from Reagan's 1976 presidential campaign,[3] resurfaced in 2007 "to reanimate the Republican Party by reviving the organization that brought Reagan to power" by a "group of former aides ... [f]ed up with neocons, theocons and convict cons." CFTR "plans to launch before the [2008] presidential primaries," Marc Ambinder wrote October 5, 2007, in The Atlantic.[4]

CFTR "has already secured $17 million in solid financial commitments, according to an official involved in raising money for the organization," Ambinder wrote.[4]

"Craig Shirley, a Republican strategist and historian, has agreed to serve as chairman of the board. Others who will participate or who have agreed to raise money are Paul Laxalt, the former Nevada Senator and close Reagan friend;[5] former Reagan [national security advisor] Richard Allen;[6] former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and conservative activists Brent Bozell and Gary Bauer."[4]

"The new CFTR is predicated on the belief that 'the conditions of the party today are almost identical to what they were in 1977,' the official said. 'By 1977, the party had been betrayed by corruption and betrayal of conservative principles'," Ambinder wrote.[4]

ssforronpaul