PDA

View Full Version : Initial small effort support

Elwar
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
I took a course on mass psychology that brought up an interesting study.

They found that an initial small level of support tends to turn into full support from there on out.

They did a study where they went door to door asking people to sign a paper showing their support for a handicap friendly park to be put in the community, pretty much everyone signed. Then they went back two weeks later and asked for donations. Half of the people they asked were the people who had signed showing their support, half were people they didn't have sign the paper. They found an overwhelmingly larger amount of donations from the people that had signed the paper as opposed to those who didn't.

The theory being that once you make a decision that you support something, you become "a supporter".

Taking this in regards to campaigning for Ron Paul, the strategy going forward would be to get people to expend the most minimal effort of support up front, to lock them in as supporters. Then slowly ratchet it up with putting signs in their yards, bumper stickers, and donations, etc.

Gradual ramped up efforts is the way to go...we have the time...

JeremyDahl
09-22-2010, 10:21 AM
First off, we have been growing since 2007, I think Rand Paul's victory will pretty much put us at levels we were at in the middle of '07.

Phone circles....

...something small you can do that will have a HUGE, real, usable impact.

They work off of the theory you talked about and I agree on, "The theory being that once you make a decision that you support something, you become "a supporter"."

Elwar
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Phone circles....

First time I've heard this term...what's a "phone circle"?