PDA

View Full Version : Turn out the Black vote for RP & liberty candidates!

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
OK, time and time and time again I have said something that was panned, and after the fact it turned out I was right. Usually after it was too late to act on it. I am only bringing that up to let you know that this is another one of those times. Let's get this one NOW before it's too late to act on it, it stands the potential to be HUGE for RP12.

Bigger than I can say.

There was a freedman (former slave) who the Black community holds in VERY high esteem name of Frederick Douglass. Wikipedia article here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Douglass) Frederick Douglass was a strict Constitutionalist who believed until the day he died that strict and equal enforcement of the US Constitution was the best guarantee of civil and human rights for Black Americans.

Douglass was the premier champion of securing the rights of Black American to vote, and was also a strong activist in the cause of Woman's Suffrage.

The bottom line is that Frederick Douglass's political platform and philosophy is damn near picture-perfect identical to Ron Paul's platform. Nothing in this world will draw Black Americans towards Ron Paul and the Constitutionalist platform more than invoking Frederick Douglass.

This is really important folks. We need to start preparing NOW to win voters of ALL types to Ron Paul 2012. Not to mention that high polling for RP amongst Black voters will do much to discount the racism charge that all of us Constitutionalists seem to get tagged with by the Libtards.

Also, the same thing applies to ALL of our liberty/constitutionalist candidates.

So, anybody ANYBODY who is a political liberty activist, or who will now or one day help elect a liberty/constitutionalist candidate (including and especially Ron Paul) seriously needs to study Frederick Douglass, and invoke his name when promoting our candidates and our platform.

I cannot begin to explain how important this is, so please, just trust me on this one....

college4life
09-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Let's be honest, most people of all races just vote for who promises the most handouts.

Most black Americans don't know or care about Douglass.

Isn't it racist to imply that one race would be more predisposed to an individual than another race?

payme_rick
09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Isn't it racist to imply that one race would be more predisposed to an individual than another race?

it's common-sense, troll...

college4life
09-21-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm not a troll but I suppose you think everyone who disagrees with you is a troll?

Do you think many black people know who Frederick Douglass was or really cares? This is not an indictment of any race, I think very few white or asian people know of him too.

payme_rick
09-21-2010, 08:39 PM
So Gunny, I'm at the bookstore the other day eyeing through the history section and remember seeing a book about Douglass... any recommendation on which book would be the best for what you are suggesting (drawing parallels)?

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm not a troll but I suppose you think everyone who disagrees with you is a troll?

Do you think many black people know who Frederick Douglass was or really cares? This is not an indictment of any race, I think very few white or asian people know of him too.

I have personally canvassed hundreds of Black American homes in the last few months, and have yet to discover even a single one who did not know who he was. Has your canvassing experience been different? :)

oyarde
09-21-2010, 08:42 PM
So Gunny, I'm at the bookstore the other day eyeing through the history section and remember seeing a book about Douglass... any recommendation on which book would be the best for what you are suggesting (drawing parallels)?

Check out a guy named David Barton.

college4life
09-21-2010, 08:42 PM
How many of these people do you think are fiscal conservatives who oppose the welfare state and the income tax?

I imagine very few, but perhaps I'm wrong. I think close to 100 percent of black women in Charlotte voted for Obama in 2008 so I don't think there is much inclination towards liberty in that crowd

oyarde
09-21-2010, 08:43 PM

Asians huh ?

payme_rick
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
so I don't think there is much inclination towards liberty in that crowd

no shit, that'd be why this idea was brought to the table, think?

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM

My Bondage and My Freedom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Bondage_and_My_Freedom) (1855)

...is his seminal work, an autobiography that encompasses his political vision. The above is a wiki link. It touches on his political philosophy, but is mainly an account of his journey from slavery to freedom. It is truly inspiring. You read that, the wikipedia article linked above, and understand that he is a strict Constitutionalist (ie - the identical platform of Ron Paul) then you will be armed with all the knowledge you need to have a huge effect for our people canvassing Black Americans.

oyarde
09-21-2010, 08:48 PM
How many of these people do you think are fiscal conservatives who oppose the welfare state and the income tax?

I imagine very few, but perhaps I'm wrong. I think close to 100 percent of black women in Charlotte voted for Obama in 2008 so I don't think there is much inclination towards liberty in that crowd

Around here people mostly just get down on Jews , Christians , Islam , Republicans , Rhinos , statists , neo cons , police ........ You need to follow protocol . I am sure I left some out . :D

college4life
09-21-2010, 08:49 PM
wow, what hostility.

They will, by and large, want a candidate who promises free food, housing, medical etc. Many middle class blacks are employed by the government and will be reluctant to anyone proposing radical gov cuts.

How many blacks disagree with affirmative action? Your time would be better spent winning middle class whites or asians

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM

Which is why we remind them about Frederick Douglass on the canvass. MOST people are not very inclined towards liberty, until they are. I have come to recognize this even though I have held this philosophy since infancy, I know that the vast, vast majority of Paulers became enlightened to this philosophy.

college4life
09-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Glen I like your optimism. I honestly do and I'm not trying to be negative and gloomy. Keep on doing your thing, I just think it will next to impossible to convice someone who subsists on gov payments to vote for someone who opposes such policies?

As they say, "dont bite the hand that feeds you."

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 08:55 PM
wow, what hostility.

They will, by and large, want a candidate who promises free food, housing, medical etc. Many middle class blacks are employed by the government and will be reluctant to anyone proposing radical gov cuts.

How many blacks disagree with affirmative action? Your time would be better spent winning middle class whites or asians

I suggest that if you think it's hopeless, then you shouldn't try. I for one go door to door, and I don't turn on my heel and leave just because the resident doesn't fit a certain demographic when they answer the door. :rolleyes: I can tell you from personal experience that the response has been overwhelmingly good, with a few exceptions.

If you are going to discount an entire collective group as not being potential voters, then I am not sure that you actually belong with an anti-collectivist individualist platform.

I am guessing from this conversation that you have never actually canvassed door to door for a candidate? :)

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Glen I like your optimism. I honestly do and I'm not trying to be negative and gloomy. Keep on doing your thing, I just think it will next to impossible to convice someone who subsists on gov payments to vote for someone who opposes such policies?

As they say, "dont bite the hand that feeds you."

I don't assume that all Black people subsist on government handouts, for one...

college4life
09-21-2010, 09:10 PM
We shall see how many blacks vote for you?

Not being a douche, but how many showed for your presentation?

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Let's be honest, most people of all races just vote for who promises the most handouts.

Most black Americans don't know or care about Douglass.

I don't think that is racist

we are seperatists (spelling???) from the get go

we end up doing it in school

we def. end up doing it in high school with our "clicks"

we tend to be around and like those "like us"

is it racist? not sure but either way go with your gut and if you feel "your people" can do what it is you are wanting them more power to you.

One thing I can say though is that black, white, mexican, asian and a million others once in politics turn into the evil p.o.s. no matter their color UNLESS they actually stand for the people and not the hope to simply move up as for as political stature goes.

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
We shall see how many blacks vote for you?

Not being a douche, but how many showed for your presentation?

None showed at the presentation, doppleganger, but Lenny and Kevin informed me that that was normal, even for liberal events. Whether people show for an event is not indicative of how people will vote, and you should know that there is no demographic data associated with electoral votes.

I noticed that you avoided the question of whether you had ever canvassed door to door before, in order to attempt a jab. If you don't bother to canvass anyway, then why are you even commenting on best practices while canvassing? :D

JoshLowry
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
I have personally canvassed hundreds of Black American homes in the last few months, and have yet to discover even a single one who did not know who he was. Has your canvassing experience been different? :)

:D

college4life
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey, thanks for calling me names Glen. Very mature of you.

I guess they weren't that attracted to the message, but believe what you want. I say forget about it and keep buying corn futures, silver and livestock.

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey, thanks for calling me names Glen. Very mature of you.

I guess they weren't that attracted to the message, but believe what you want. I say forget about it and keep buying corn futures, silver and livestock.

I call em as I see em. An old username with your first post ever in this very thread? Avoiding my questions to send jabs at me?

Maybe Black people reliably vote Democrat, because Democrats actually speak to them, you ever thought of that?

Someone whose first post ever was less than an hour ago knowing the details of several months worth of posting spells sockpuppet. Doppleganger is just a gentler name for that.

If you don't like it, then you shouldn't be using dopplegangers. :D

The bottom line is that you don't get ANYBODY'S vote if you don't seek out their vote. I find this attitude of "Black people don't vote for anything but welfare so don't bother" to be extremely disturbing and more than a little bit collectivist.

invisible
09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Glen, you really have hit on an excellent strategy here. You are absolutely correct that the black vote is ripe for the taking, and RP has spoken about this being an excellent time to gain support among disenfranchised obomba voters. For one, witness the recent obomba town hall thingy - how many people do you think that lady will wake up? It isn't just black people who realize they've been duped and sold out, but it certainly helps a LOT for that sort of calling out to come from a black person. For some to say that black people as a whole will vote a certain way just to get handouts is complete BS! I posted a while back about a black girl that I was involved with for a while, and how she became a RP supporter very shortly after meeting me. She stated at the time that in spite of her very libertarian views, she voted for obomba simply because she thought he would actually end the war, and because that's who all her family and friends told her to vote for (it was the first election she was able to vote in). She didn't even know anything about RP until she met me. She has been talking recently about how there are several other RP supporters at her church, and how they have been discussing giving a presentation to their congregation about RP. Just got off the phone with her, she just switched her voter registration to Republican today, and will be attending the county Republican meeting with me later this month. She's very excited about the possibility of working on RP's 2012 campaign, and has been actively working on gathering support in the black community for RP (with good success, I might add!) We'll be having dinner tomorrow night, and I will most certainly mention the Frederick Douglass angle to her. I think it's a GREAT angle to take, and I'm sure she will too! Many thanks for this excellent suggestion!

JoshLowry
09-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Use paragraphs, they make your points easier to read. ;)

invisible
09-21-2010, 10:14 PM
wow, what hostility.

Bullshit! I know quite a few black people, and not a single one of them is on welfare or works for the government. Any of them who have ever mentioned affirmative action to me find it demeaning and insulting. What would you think if the implication was that your hard work only got you where it did in life because you were someone's quota statistic?

college4life
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I would take the scholarships with glee!!!

Maximus
09-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Gunny you are fantastic and a huge asset to the liberty movement!

It is this type of thinking we need more of!

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Glen, you really have hit on an excellent strategy here. You are absolutely correct that the black vote is ripe for the taking, and RP has spoken about this being an excellent time to gain support among disenfranchised obomba voters. For one, witness the recent obomba town hall thingy - how many people do you think that lady will wake up? It isn't just black people who realize they've been duped and sold out, but it certainly helps a LOT for that sort of calling out to come from a black person. For some to say that black people as a whole will vote a certain way just to get handouts is complete BS! I posted a while back about a black girl that I was involved with for a while, and how she became a RP supporter very shortly after meeting me. She stated at the time that in spite of her very libertarian views, she voted for obomba simply because she thought he would actually end the war, and because that's who all her family and friends told her to vote for (it was the first election she was able to vote in). She didn't even know anything about RP until she met me. She has been talking recently about how there are several other RP supporters at her church, and how they have been discussing giving a presentation to their congregation about RP. Just got off the phone with her, she just switched her voter registration to Republican today, and will be attending the county Republican meeting with me later this month. She's very excited about the possibility of working on RP's 2012 campaign, and has been actively working on gathering support in the black community for RP (with good success, I might add!) We'll be having dinner tomorrow night, and I will most certainly mention the Frederick Douglass angle to her. I think it's a GREAT angle to take, and I'm sure she will too! Many thanks for this excellent suggestion!

Bullshit! I know quite a few black people, and not a single one of them is on welfare or works for the government. Any of them who have ever mentioned affirmative action to me find it demeaning and insulting. What would you think if the implication was that your hard work only got you where it did in life because you were someone's quota statistic?

One thing is sure, Black Americans (in my experience) have a much stronger sense of their history in American than others do. I think this may have something to do with the despicable institution of slavery. Most Americans can trace their family tree back to when their ancestors came to the US, sometimes as far as 300, 400 years ago. Black American's genealogies often stop at slavery, so this intensifies a focus on their more recent history, from 1850 on.

We love to tie historic figures and events to our Ron Paul activism, and are often bewildered when we are met with apathy. I have yet to speak to a Black American about Frederick Douglass and get met with apathy.

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Gunny you are fantastic and a huge asset to the liberty movement!

It is this type of thinking we need more of!

Thankee sai! I've been trying to collect anecdotes from people other than myself to report here on how well this works. In my case it has been spectacular -- it opens doors you would never have imagined opening. There is a post in the Rand Paul forum over... here... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=260315) that I have been trying to bump to get feedback before I posted this thread, but it looks like either Rand Canvassers aren't trying it, or are spending too much time away from the forums to report on how well it works. (or, mayhap the sets of Rand Canvassers and Forum Posters don't intersect very much)

In any case, I am trying to get some feedback from others in the field canvassing for Rand or other candidates so that it's not just me with anecdotal evidence on how well this works, but others as well.

If we can get some Rand Canvassers to try this in the field and report back on how effective it is, then it WON'T be just me, and we'll get a larger sample on how effective it is.

amy31416
09-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Many black people have a serious distrust of government, and have seen their families ripped apart by government regulations--especially through the drug war, which has been applied far more to their detriment than to a white persons. So why not? We're talking serious freedom here.

The liberals are out of their mind and don't see that Obama is just like Bush, the "conservatives" are wishing to go back to the Bush days. I don't know how many more average white people we can convince.......tap into the black, asian, hispanic....whatever group. Who cares? Just expose people.

At the end of the day, they're individuals, and will accept or reject the philosophy just like everyone else.

newyearsrevolution08
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM
turn out the black vote lol

I just can't believe that is the damn title

clarity
09-21-2010, 11:35 PM
One should just pray that it rains.

GunnyFreedom
09-21-2010, 11:43 PM
turn out the black vote lol

I just can't believe that is the damn title

Well, I was raised to believe that there is only one race: the human race. i still feel that way today. I have recently come to the realization that while I, personally, may be working from a post-racial paradigm, the rest of our society is not. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I'd rather deal with reality where it is than to deal my own idealized way that the world is supposed to work.

I agree with Amy also, that we should be drawing everybody regardless of their demographic -- I am merely suggesting a specific strategy that will work when you knock on the door and as it happens a Black American answers. That is to say, this is not to exclude anybody else, but simply to add another tool to the toolbox.

I was very, VERY uncomfortable with specifically addressing Black Americans because as I said, I was raised to believe that the only race is the human race - and to specifically reach out and address Black Americans felt (still feels, to be honest) like a violation of that principle.

However, again, we have to address reality as it is. Black Americans tend to vote Democrat as a group, because the Democrats are the only ones to reach out to them specifically. The path forward to a truly post-racial world (I believe) is to reach out to them with the message of Constitutionalism, and the best avenue to do just that is Frederick Douglass, who had the exact same platform as we do, and who believed that that was the very best platform to preserve the civil and human rights of Black Americans.

clarity
09-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Well, I was raised to believe that there is only one race: the human race. i still feel that way today. I have recently come to the realization that while I, personally, may be working from a post-racial paradigm, the rest of our society is not. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I'd rather deal with reality where it is than to deal my own idealized way that the world is supposed to work.

I think the question you should be asking yourself is if your belief is justified in reality.

However, again, we have to address reality as it is. Black Americans tend to vote Democrat as a group, because the Democrats are the only ones to reach out to them specifically. The path forward to a truly post-racial world (I believe) is to reach out to them with the message of Constitutionalism, and the best avenue to do just that is Frederick Douglass, who had the exact same platform as we do, and who believed that that was the very best platform to preserve the civil and human rights of Black Americans.

Democrats reach out by telling them what they want to hear and giving them what they want.

amy31416
09-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Democrats reach out by telling them what they want to hear and giving them what they want.

And you think that what every black person wants is a handout? They don't want freedom, free will or choice?

Perhaps the message of freedom IS what they want to hear, and what they want.

If not, ehhh, you wasted some time...but why do you discourage the attempt?

clarity
09-22-2010, 12:36 AM
And you think that what every black person wants is a handout? They don't want freedom, free will or choice?

Perhaps the message of freedom IS what they want to hear, and what they want.

If not, ehhh, you wasted some time...but why do you discourage the attempt?

Freedom from what exactly? These catch phrases like "message of freedom" thrown around are nothing but Orwellian in nature.

JoshLowry
09-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Not necessarily freedom from something...

I think what she mean's is Ron Paul's message of freedom(self-ownership), prosperity, and peace.

All are geared towards maximizing liberty.

clarity
09-22-2010, 12:49 AM
So the question is, do I think that these blacks who have seven children so they can get more welfare benefits want to give up the welfare benefits they have obtained so they have to work to feed and cloth those seven children? Nope.

amy31416
09-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Freedom from what exactly? These catch phrases like "message of freedom" thrown around are nothing but Orwellian in nature.

Why would you assume I meant freedom from something?

Not necessarily freedom from something...

I think what she mean's is Ron Paul's message of freedom(self-ownership), prosperity, and peace.

All are geared towards maximizing liberty.

Spot-on.

So the question is, do I think that these blacks who have seven children so they can get more welfare benefits want to give up the welfare benefits they have obtained so they have to work to feed and cloth those seven children? Nope.

No. I don't think that a stereotypical welfare queen (black, white or otherwise) will be open to the message without some drastic event. Fortunately, not all black women are welfare queens--perhaps you ought to get out a bit more if you think they are. For the record, I've never met a black woman with that many children...I do know a Catholic (white) family with 13 kids though--and they got a hell of a lot of charity--don't know about welfare though.

clarity
09-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Why would you assume I meant freedom from something?

This movement likes to use catch phrases that sound good, but when it comes down to it words like "freedom" means different things to different people.

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI)

The view that the white man is holding down their people is quite prevalent in black communities which means their definition of freedom is freedom from the white man. If they cannot accept responsibility for their own actions, can they ever accept your definition of freedom? These people re-elected Charlie Rangel of all people.

Freedom must be defined clearly.

GunnyFreedom
09-22-2010, 02:00 AM
"these people" ? :rolleyes:

with supporters like these, who needs enemies?

amy31416
09-22-2010, 02:12 AM
This movement likes to use catch phrases that sound good, but when it comes down to it words like "freedom" means different things to different people.

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI)

The view that the white man is holding down their people is quite prevalent in black communities which means their definition of freedom is freedom from the white man. If they cannot accept responsibility for their own actions, can they ever accept your definition of freedom? These people re-elected Charlie Rangel of all people.

Freedom must be defined clearly.

White people re-elected George W. Bush, and they certainly helped to elect Obama, and Clinton...and that's just getting started.

Do you accept responsibility for your actions? Do you pay taxes and take responsibility that you help make all the crappy things gov't does possible? Including welfare, that goes toward (the decay of) white, black and other shades of people?

I won't look at a group of white people and say that they're all a bunch of racist assholes...I also won't look at a group of black people and say that they're all a bunch of lazy welfare shitheads.

I know better....do you?

(Did you see the recent video of the black woman who grilled Obama? Have you met any of Ron Paul's black supporters? There are a decent amount of them on this forum.)

clarity
09-22-2010, 02:34 AM
White people re-elected George W. Bush, and they certainly helped to elect Obama, and Clinton...and that's just getting started.

Do you accept responsibility for your actions? Do you pay taxes and take responsibility that you help make all the crappy things gov't does possible? Including welfare, that goes toward (the decay of) white, black and other shades of people?

I won't look at a group of white people and say that they're all a bunch of racist assholes...I also won't look at a group of black people and say that they're all a bunch of lazy welfare shitheads.

I know better....do you?

(Did you see the recent video of the black woman who grilled Obama? Have you met any of Ron Paul's black supporters? There are a decent amount of them on this forum.)

I certainly accept the fact that the position white people are in today is because of their own ignorance. It is the whites fault that this country is the way it is today. Unlike others here, I do not believe in this faux paradigm of collectivism versus individualism that has been constructed and believed in as if it is a religion.

college4life
09-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Clarity is on the money. I assure the vast majority of blacks in GA think the white man is responsible for their plight and they have no interest in conservative politics.

Many still clamor for reparations. Until then universal healthcare, food stamps, section 8 etc will suffice.

Glen seems a little naive to me, but to each his own

payme_rick
09-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Interesting crowd on this thread... Most want to do what they can though it may be an uphill battle, and a couple want to go grab a case of beer, park her on a hill and watch the world die, basically give up...

One thing I know is that your chances of winning the lotto are slim, but if you keep buying the tickets you could win... If you don't even buy the ticket, you chances are 0%...

If you want to make absolutely sure no black voters are swayed by what I believe is a great presentation via Gunny's idea, don't do a damn thing, you will succeed in that...

This also isn't just about reaching who you can and hoping it is enough, it's also about reaching the black voters you can and hoping they can reach others in their communities (both physical and political communities) as well..

newyearsrevolution08
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
why are we going after the "black" vote again though?

after this are we needed to go after another specific shade as well?

its like rainbow politics? one color at a time or what?

payme_rick
09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Who's saying one race at a time? Who's saying "drop what you are doing and focus on nothing but getting black votes!"?

What I think Gunny and the rest of us are saying is "arm yourself with knowledge that can help sway black voters!"

there are a lot of things RP would need to beat Obama head2head, and one of those is a strong black vote in his favor...

bruce leeroy
09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
I will always remember one conversation I had with this guy
I was telling him that most of my buddies were gun owning southern baptists who hated illegal migration yet always voted democrat and he said "you must hang out with alot of blacks"
the dems seem to have a pretty much lock on the black vote, but I think that is changing for serveral reasons
1. geographic----many of the neighborhoods where there used to be large concentrations of blacks are now either gentrified or mexicanized.........examples being the poly area in fort worth and south oak cliff in dallas...........as the black population disperses through the suburbs, I think that will effect voting patterns.
2. illegal immigration----many working class blacks in places like houston are not that friendly towards blanket amnesty etc
3. the failure of "change"-------- with the election of obama and the realization of politics as usual, I think the dems might have a problem holding on to their stranglehold of the black vote

Minuteman2012
09-22-2010, 09:56 AM
I haven't met a black person who likes Ron Paul, think you would be beating a dead horse. Obama would get 90% of the vote again because of the fact he is black and expanded medicaid.

sailingaway
09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
I honestly feel weird acting differently towards people because they are black. The principles appeal to some people who are black and not to others. I find it kind of distastful to change approaches based on the color of the person.

Minuteman2012
09-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Many still clamor for reparations. Until then universal healthcare, food stamps, section 8 etc will suffice.

Haven't they been getting trillions in reparations since the 60s through medicaid, food stamps, and section 8? When is enough enough?

Minuteman2012
09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I will always remember one conversation I had with this guy
I was telling him that most of my buddies were gun owning southern baptists who hated illegal migration yet always voted democrat and he said "you must hang out with alot of blacks"
the dems seem to have a pretty much lock on the black vote, but I think that is changing for serveral reasons
1. geographic----many of the neighborhoods where there used to be large concentrations of blacks are now either gentrified or mexicanized.........examples being the poly area in fort worth and south oak cliff in dallas...........as the black population disperses through the suburbs, I think that will effect voting patterns.
2. illegal immigration----many working class blacks in places like houston are not that friendly towards blanket amnesty etc
3. the failure of "change"-------- with the election of obama and the realization of politics as usual, I think the dems might have a problem holding on to their stranglehold of the black vote
The reason they don't like Mexicans is because they "take" "their" jobs. Mexicans will work harder for less, like immigrant groups before them. Blacks are mad that Mexicans are entering the workforce to work at jobs they perceive to be their's, and from there are moving into the middle class.

payme_rick
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I honestly feel weird acting differently towards people because they are black. The principles appeal to some people who are black and not to others. I find it kind of distastful to change approaches based on the color of the person.

I can understand somewhat, but you have to realize different approaches are needed for different people... Your message doesn't have to change...

For example: I'm not going to go speak the message of liberty at a farm and ranch organization's annual gathering and use football analogies etc... I'm going to use situations and subjects that they relate to and know...

Same goes for speaking to a crowd at some football gathering: I'm not going to go in there and talk to them with analogies about rows of corn and hens laying eggs, I'm gunna drop a Lombardi, a legend in football history, not the inventor of the combine tractor.

It's all about giving the person you are speaking with the same message, just with examples they can relate to...

At the same time you can't open up the conversation with "RON PAUL IS THE WHITE FREDERICK DOUGLASS!", but the example of Douglass is a tool you can use later on in your encounter...

college4life
09-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Blacks will collectively continue to vote for the candidate who promises the most transfer payments.

You are really fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Maybe one day I will wake up and there will be 10,000 ounces of gold by my bedside given by the tooth fairy.

We can all dream!!!

payme_rick
09-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Blacks will collectively continue to vote for the candidate who promises the most transfer payments.

You are really fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Maybe one day I will wake up and there will be 10,000 ounces of gold by my bedside given by the tooth fairy.

We can all dream!!!

I think you are fooling yourself in believing every black person is on welfare living in some slum... How racist is that?

A black friend of mine, who's working in the plant next-door to mine as we speak has made a 180 on Obama and Government... Some of it is because I've been in his ear about government, some because he isn't one of these hand-out blacks you speak of...

His brother, working in the plant across the street from us, just purchased 10 acres of land outside of town and plans to build there some day... His cows are already there...

His mother, not wealthy in the least bit, raised these kids on her own most of their lives and did a damn good job of it WITHOUT depending on the government to do the bulk of the work, she worked her fingers to the bone...

I know and know of many others like this and if I can turn them onto Ron Paul with the help of Mr, Douglass' example, maybe they can spread the message to their families that may be the ones you speak of...

This fire may never light, I'll give you that, but it sure as hell won't light itself!