PDA

View Full Version : Prepare To Be Betrayed: Lew Rockwell on the Tea Party

Yvonne
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
It's another revolutionary season in American politics, with voters preparing to do everything they can within the structure of the law to throw out the bad guys and the bad system they represent. The focus is on this amorphous thing called the Tea Party, which embodies a huge range of political impulses from libertarian to authoritarian, united under the common belief that everything is going wrong in Washington, with a common goal of upending the status quo.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/prepare-for-betrayal155.html

Depressed Liberator
09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't feel betrayed at all. Lew is right.

The tea party is total shit.

Vessol
09-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Ever since the news coverage of the tea party rally back in April of 2009, I've always expected the tea party to "betray" me.

AuH20
09-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Lew is too near-sighted and obsessed with immediate political outcomes. The Tea Party is ground zero for the coming resistance. Slowly but surely the Tea Party folks will find out that the political game is hopelessly rigged and then all bets are off. I love the Tea Party for this reason. It's a breeding ground for a massive underground movement that's coincidentally armed to the teeth as well.

QueenB4Liberty
09-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Lew is too near-sighted and obsessed with immediate political outcomes. The Tea Party is ground zero for the coming resistance. Slowly but surely the Tea Party folks will find out that the political game is hopelessly rigged and then all bets are off. I love the Tea Party for this reason. It's a breeding ground for a massive underground movement that's coincidentally armed to the teeth as well.

Can I have whatever you're smoking? :D

I mean, I wish I was that optimistic. :(

FrankRep
09-21-2010, 08:43 PM
True Constitutionalists need to get themselves in leadership positions within the Tea Party movements.

Common Sense, come on.

Justinjj1
09-21-2010, 08:44 PM
The Tea Party is a total joke. Almost everyone involved in it around here (Texas) are total Fox News watching, neocon, Sarah Palin-loving idiots, who never seem to have anything nice to say about Ron Paul. Usually they are a bunch of warmongering, social conservatives who just cannot seem to grasp that foreign policy plays a huge role in federal expenditures.

And no matter how much I reiterate the point that Ron Paul started the Tea Party, almost everyone I know of got started with it when that CNBC douche gave that supposedly "epic rant" over the least offensive part of the bailouts.

AuH20
09-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Can I have whatever you're smoking? :D

I mean, I wish I was that optimistic. :(

When people are pushed past their threshold of tolerance and all hope is sucked off into a vacuum, shocking events occur. That's where we are heading. The elites are incredibly crass to think that they can continue down this road without provoking a natural human response. Our genetic makeup is our only hope. ;) Fight or flight.

Deft9
09-21-2010, 08:50 PM
They're just uneducated. I think if they could be taught about the money situation the war might come into clearer focus for them. That's how I came to my senses anyway.

Imaginos
09-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and other neocon infiltrators got into the Tea Party.
The establishment is pulling all the stops to make sure to turn the Tea Party into the same old warmongering neocon bullcrap fest.
The original Tea Party was Ron Paul supporters' movement.
Now neocons took half of the Tea Party.

QueenB4Liberty
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
When people are pushed past their threshold of tolerance and all hope is sucked off into a vacuum, shocking events occur. That's where we are heading. The elites are incredibly crass to think that they can continue down this road without provoking a natural human response. Our genetic makeup is our only hope. ;) Fight or flight.

Some pretty horrible things have happened already. I'm beginning to think these people have no breaking point.

FrankRep
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
They're just uneducated. I think if they could be taught about the money situation the war might come into clearer focus for them. That's how I came to my senses anyway.

Watch this Tea Party in Columbus. The speaker slams the Federal Reserve!

YouTube - Alicia Healy, Candidate at Columbus Tea Party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6OCg1UuakA)

AuH20
09-21-2010, 08:54 PM

It's not as simple as labeling them as uneducated. Military service is an incredible badge of honor is some areas of this country, and naturally the indirect denouncement of such activity isn't any easy path of realization.

AuH20
09-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Some pretty horrible things have happened already. I'm beginning to think these people have no breaking point.

Not horrible in terms of Western life. When third world status is knocking on the door, it's going to get ugly quick.

cindy25
09-21-2010, 08:59 PM
tea party is ok for domestic issues, and they are getting rid of the useless RINO Rockefeller Republicans-Castle, Murkowski. etc

the are the only way Graham and Hatch will be forced out.

the leadership is still Israel first, but maybe at some point members will wake up and dump the parasitic 51st state.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-21-2010, 09:02 PM
True Constitutionalists need to get themselves in leadership positions within the Tea Party movements.

Common Sense, come on.

Agreed

Justinjj1
09-21-2010, 09:02 PM
tea party is ok for domestic issues, and they are getting rid of the useless RINO Rockefeller Republicans-Castle, Murkowski. etc

the are the only way Graham and Hatch will be forced out.

the leadership is still Israel first, but maybe at some point members will wake up and dump the parasitic 51st state.

I really doubt that will ever happen, because complete and total worship of Israel seems to be a central plank in their platform.

AuH20
09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I really doubt that will ever happen, because complete and total worship of Israel seems to be a central plank in their platform.

That's far-fetched. There is a fair share of paleos in the Tea Party. Probably a solid third and they have no affinity for Israel whatsoever.

nate895
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
That's far-fetched. There is a fair share of paleos in the Tea Party. Probably a solid third and they have no affinity for Israel whatsoever.

Not to mention, most of the Tea Partiers I know who do support Israel, it is not their top concern. The only people who are willing to vote or not vote for someone based on their support for Israel are my grandparents, who are total and complete dispensationalists who refuse to listen to any sort of logic and reason.

dannno
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM

LOL, the name of the article by Lew is "Prepare to be Betrayed"

Fozz
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
And no matter how much I reiterate the point that Ron Paul started the Tea Party, almost everyone I know of got started with it when that CNBC douche gave that supposedly "epic rant" over the least offensive part of the bailouts.

If you consider the Dec. 2007 moneybomb to be the Tea Party that RP started, then remember that a neocon spoke there (Rand Paul, who according to you is a neocon warmonger).

Depressed Liberator
09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL, the name of the article by Lew is "Prepare to be Betrayed"

I may have taken OP out of context, my bad.

Sola_Fide
09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Not to mention, most of the Tea Partiers I know who do support Israel, it is not their top concern. The only people who are willing to vote or not vote for someone based on their support for Israel are my grandparents, who are total and complete dispensationalists who refuse to listen to any sort of logic and reason.

Exactly Nate.

I HATE when ignorant atheists lump all "christians" together when they don't even know that it is the end-time nut Dispensationalists who are the neocon zionists in America.

It's not us Reformed Christians...we are Covenentalists, not Dispensationalists. We aren't the ones who are zionists.

IPSecure
Another relevant quote from Lew Rockwell:

Sarah’s continuing purpose (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68G0M920100917) is to drain all anti-government energy out of the Tea Party, and focus it on her Bill Kristol-guided self (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=dsrah+plin+bill+lristol&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=X&ei=HeiTTO-SNsHflgei18SpCg&ved=0CBQQBSgA&q=sarah+palin+bill+kristol&spell=1&fp=1de331493393b8ab) instead. In other words, the religious right is serving its usual Republican purpose of promoting perpetual war in the Middle East, nationalism and the police state here at home, as allegedly mandated by the Bible.
Link (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/65723.html)

paulitics
Watch how the tea party will become "patriotic" instead of "racist" once the pro war, necon hijacking of the party becomes complete. It will all be about "supporting the troops", and if you don't you are "anti-american".

I'm so sick of these games that are should be blatently obvious to anyone who wasn't born yesterday.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Me, I'm just waiting to get "Beck-stabbed".

Kotin
09-21-2010, 09:49 PM

This is the conclusion I am coming to recently..

It seems that the tea party is to Obama what the anti-war left was to Bush

itshappening
09-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Watch how the tea party will become "patriotic" instead of "racist" once the pro war, necon hijacking of the party becomes complete. It will all be about "supporting the troops", and if you don't you are "anti-american".

I'm so sick of these games that are should be blatently obvious to anyone who wasn't born yesterday.

the guy who runs freerepublic has been doing that with his tea party express. I remember their first rallies were to "support the troops" and the members absolutely love it

FrankRep
09-21-2010, 10:00 PM

Follow our lead!

Columbus Tea Party: Abolish the Federal Reserve!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=261597

Anti Federalist
09-21-2010, 10:16 PM
This is the conclusion I am coming to recently..

It seems that the tea party is to Obama what the anti-war left was to Bush

That ^^^

Anti Federalist
09-21-2010, 10:29 PM
the guy who runs freerepublic has been doing that with his tea party express. I remember their first rallies were to "support the troops" and the members absolutely love it

Jim Robinson is involved with Tea Party Express?

acptulsa
12-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and other neocon infiltrators got into the Tea Party.
The establishment is pulling all the stops to make sure to turn the Tea Party into the same old warmongering neocon bullcrap fest.
The original Tea Party was Ron Paul supporters' movement.
Now neocons took half of the Tea Party.

Don't be ridiculous! I mean I know you were there at the time and all, but revisionist history demands that the Tea Party Express was all about Rand!