PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Republican rep. introduces bill to roadside test for "drugged drivers".

Anti Federalist
09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
First State Considers Allowing Cops to Conduct Roadside Drug Tests

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/148203/yikes_--_first_state_considers_allowing_cops_to_conduct_ro adside_drug_tests/

Michigan could become the first state in the nation to drug test drivers if a Republican lawmaker has his way, even though research shows tests generate false positives.

Michigan could become the first state in the nation to drug test drivers if a Republican lawmaker has his way. Last week, Rep. Rick Jones (R-Grand Lodge) announced he was filing a bill that would allow police officers to administer roadside drug tests if they have probable cause.

Jones, a former sheriff, said the roadside tests could replace what is now an expensive and time-consuming process. Currently, officers who want to test drivers for drugs must get a search warrant to take a blood sample, which is then tested by backlogged state crime labs.

"A portable drug testing kit would be an extremely powerful tool to keep unsafe drivers off our streets. With a portable kit, officers will know in minutes whether the driver is high on drugs," Jones said in a statement.

"The kit has the potential to save a great deal of tax dollars by reducing the need for state crime labs to do many tests," Jones continued. "Patrol officers now have to make a judgment call whether they believe a driver is under the influence of drugs. Science has now caught up with the need, and our patrol officers should have the option of using this valuable public safety tool."

Under the proposal, suspected drugged drivers would have to submit to a preliminary saliva drug test that can detect six kinds of drugs, including marijuana, methamphetamines, and cocaine. If the preliminary test, which produces results in minutes, came back positive, additional testing would occur.

The motivation for Jones' bill appears to be his opposition to the state medical marijuana law, enacted by the will of the voters in 2008. Last month, he introduced a bill that would bar medical marijuana "clubs and bars" throughout the state. In a statement then, the former sheriff worried about "clubs where users could get high and drive away, endangering people."

Jones' legislation is actually a three-part package, with House Bill 6430 covering motor vehicles, HB 6431 covering snowmobiles and ATVs, and HB 6432 covering trains.

[Ed: Along with the civil liberties issues, this proposal deserves scrutiny based on the drug test technology in use as well. Research has found that field drug tests commonly in use by police generate frequent false positives, sometimes from mere exposure to air.]

oyarde
09-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I wonder what the other three are it does not mention . I had not heard of saliva testing for pot .

oyarde
09-21-2010, 07:23 PM
What are they going to do if you refuse it ? Yank your license . What will the fine be for having weed saliva I wonder .

angelatc
09-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Michigan Republicans suck. They are total law & order freaks.

specsaregood
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
So i take it the test doesn't test for the dozens of prescription drugs that can impair your ability to drive?

Vessol
09-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Why don't we pass a law that lets the police put anyone who they want to in jail and get over all this mishy mashy 'due process' crap

oyarde
09-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Why don't we pass a law that lets the police put anyone who they want to in jail and get over all this mishy mashy 'due process' crap

Looks like it is in the works .

aGameOfThrones
09-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Would this apply?

"Because the primary purpose of the Indianapolis checkpoint program is ultimately indistinguishable from the general interest in crime control, the checkpoints violate the Fourth Amendment. The judgment of the Court of Appeals is accordingly affirmed."~INDIANAPOLIS V. EDMOND (99-1030) 531 U.S. 32 (2000)

It made Drug checkpoints unLawful.

dannno
09-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Stoned drivers are safe drivers
By Dana Larsen - Tuesday, January 11 2005

Two decades of research show that marijuana use may actually reduce driver accidents.

The effects of marijuana use on driving performance have been extensively researched over the last 20 years. All major studies show that marijuana consumption has little or no effect on driving ability, and may actually reduce accidents. Here's a summary of the biggest studies into pot use and driving.
A 1983 study by the US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) concluded that the only significant affect of cannabis use was slower driving - arguably a positive effect of driving high.

A comprehensive 1992 NHTSA study revealed that pot is rarely involved in driving accidents, except when combined with alcohol. The study concluded that "the THC-only drivers had an [accident] responsibility rate below that of the drug free drivers." This study was buried for six years and not released until 1998.

A 1993 NHTSA study dosed Dutch drivers with THC and tested them on real Dutch roads. It concluded that THC caused no impairment except for a slight deficiency in the driver's ability to "maintain a steady lateral position on the road." This means that the THC-dosed drivers had a little trouble staying smack in the center of their lanes, but showed no other problems. The study noted that the effects of even high doses of THC were far less than that of alcohol or many prescription drugs. The study concluded that "THC's adverse effects on driving performance appear relatively small."

A massive 1998 study by the University of Adelaide and Transport South Australia examined blood samples from drivers involved in 2,500 accidents. It found that drivers with only cannabis in their systems were slightly less likely to cause accidents than those without. Drivers with both marijuana and alcohol did have a high accident responsibility rate. The report concluded, "there was no indication that marijuana by itself was a cause of fatal accidents."

In Canada, a 1999 University of Toronto meta-analysis of studies into pot and driving showed that drivers who consumed a moderate amount of pot typically refrained from passing cars and drove at a more consistent speed. The analysis also confirmed that marijuana taken alone does not increase a driver's risk of causing an accident.

A major study done by the UK Transport Research Laboratory in 2000 found that drivers under the influence of cannabis were more cautious and less likely to drive dangerously. The study examined the effects of marijuana use on drivers through four weeks of tests on driving simulators. The study was commissioned specifically to show that marijuana was impairing, and the british government was embarrassed with the study's conclusion that "marijuana users drive more safely under the influence of cannabis."

According to the Cannabis and Driving report, a comprehensive literature review published in 2000 by the UK Department of Transportation, "the majority of evidence suggests that cannabis use may result in a lower risk of [accident] culpability."

The Canadian Senate issued a major report into all aspects of marijuana in 2002. Their chapter on Driving under the influence of cannabis concludes that "Cannabis alone, particularly in low doses, has little effect on the skills involved in automobile driving."

The most recent study into drugs and driving was published in the July 2004 Journal of Accident Analysis and Prevention. Researchers at the Dutch Institute for Road Safety Research analyzed blood tests from those in traffic accidents, and found that even people with blood alcohol between 0.5% and 0.8% (below the legal limit) had a five-fold increase in the risk of serious accident. Drivers above the legal alcohol limit were 15 times more likely to have a collision. Drugs like Valium and Rohypnol produced results similar to alcohol, while cocaine and opiates showed only a small but "not statistically significant" increase in accident risk. As for the marijuana-only users? They showed absolutely no increased risk of accidents at all.

LINKS AND REFERENCES

1983 National Highway Transportation Safety Administration study: Stein, AC et al., A Simulator Study of the Combined Effects of Alcohol and Marijuana on Driving Behavior-Phase II, Washington DC: Department of Transportation (1983)
www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth12.shtml

1992 National Highway Transportation Safety Administration study: The Incidence and Role of Drugs in Fatally Injured Drivers, by K.W. Terhune, et al. of the Calspan Corp. Accident Research Group in Buffalo, NY (Report # DOT-HS-808-065)
www.drugsense.org/tfy/nhtsa1.htm

1993 National Highway Transportation Safety Administration study: Marijuana and actual Driving Performance, By Hindrik WJ Robbe and James F O'Hanlon. Institute for Human Psychopharmacology, University of Limburg
www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_driving4.shtml

1998 University of Adelaide and Transport South Australia study:
www.ukcia.org/research/driving4.html

1999 University of Toronto Study, Marijuana Not a Factor in Driving Accidents:
newsandevents.utoronto.ca/bin/19990329a.asp

2000 UK Transport Research Laboratory study on Cannabis and Driving:
www.mapinc.org/newscc/v00/n1161/a02.html

2000 UK Department of Transportation's Cannabis and Driving report:
www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_rdsafety/documents/page/dft_rdsafety_504567.hcsp

2002 Report of the Special Senate Committee on Illegal Drugs
www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/commbus/senate/com-e/ille-e/rep-e/repfinalvol1part4-e.htm

July 2004, Journal of Accident Analysis and Prevention, Psychoactive substance use and the risk of motor vehicle accidents.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15094417

For a less scientific and more amusing study of the combination of drugs and driving, go here:
www.techno.de/mixmag/interviews/Driving_on_drugs.html

A BETTER WAY TO TEST

Performance testing is better than drug testing
Cannabis Culture, January 2005
cannabisculture.com/articles/4130.html

Alternatives to Drug Testing: Performance testing Non-testers List
www.nontesterslist.com/nontesters/ptest.html

Performance testing can add an extra measure of safety
HR Magazine, February 1996
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3495/is_n2_v41/ai_18159115

An Alternative to Drug Testing
Inc Magazine, April 1995
www.inc.com/magazine/19950401/2235.html

MEDIA REPORTS ON "DRUGGED DRIVING" LAWS

UK Launches Drug Driving Tests
Daily Telegraph, December 22, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n1821/a02.html

Drug Office Out To Convince Teens Pot Impairs Driving
Lexington Herald-Leader, December 3, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n1726/a05.html

Growing danger: Drugged driving
USA Today, Oct 21, 2004
www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-10-21-cover-drugged-driving_x.htm

Zero-tolerance drugged driving law doing the job
The Daily Press, July 8, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n977/a05.html

Lawmakers Aiming for 'Zero Tolerance' Of Pot-Smoking Drivers
The Athens News, May 5, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n683/a02.html

Drugged Driving Statutes Pushed
Boston Globe, March 21, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n464/a02.html

New Legislation To Allow Police To Conduct Roadside Tests for Drug Impaired Drivers
Ottawa Citizen, February 23, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n319/a07.html

Too Many One Toke Over Line, Police Say
Globe and Mail, February 1, 2003
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v03/n173/a01.html

Drug Czar, Prohibition Establishment Seek 'Zero Tolerance' for 'Drugged Driving'
The week online with DRCNet, November 22, 2002
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v02/n2157/a04.html

British Police Plan New Drug Tests For Drivers
Reuters, August 3, 2000
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v00/n1105/a12.html

Marjiuana Report Too Hot Too Handle
Australian Broadcasting Corporation, October 1998
www.norml.org.nz/Marijuana/Driving.htm#abc981014b

"Steer Clear of Pot" Media Campaign
US Office of National Drug Control Policy
www.mediacampaign.org/steerclear/index.html

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4131.html

(no smart alec remarks about the source, cause the source is sourced :cool:)

dannno
09-22-2010, 09:51 AM
bump

oyarde
09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Would this apply?

"Because the primary purpose of the Indianapolis checkpoint program is ultimately indistinguishable from the general interest in crime control, the checkpoints violate the Fourth Amendment. The judgment of the Court of Appeals is accordingly affirmed."~INDIANAPOLIS V. EDMOND (99-1030) 531 U.S. 32 (2000)

It made Drug checkpoints unLawful.

Good point .

Dr.3D
09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Good point .

Yep, but his jerk wants to have it so when a cop stops a person, they can drug test them. It's not really a checkpoint. :(

oyarde
09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Yep, but his jerk wants to have it so when a cop stops a person, they can drug test them. It's not really a checkpoint. :(

And what will be the proposed fine for having the weed saliva ?

phill4paul
09-22-2010, 03:33 PM
And what will be the proposed fine for having the weed saliva ?

Whatever the fine I'm sure that AA/DA will have their share of students. I wonder how many "counselors" have contributed to this plan?

oyarde
09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Whatever the fine I'm sure that AA/DA will have their share of students. I wonder how many "counselors" have contributed to this plan?

Yeah , really this thing smells like a money grab .

phill4paul
09-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah , really this thing smells like a money grab .

As long as individuals capitulate to their demands there will be more demand.

Stop fucking CAPITULATING!

Couple of years ago I was stopped for a DUI checkpoint. I had had a few beers but knew I wasn't .08. Passed all the roadside tests but gave the officer an attitude.:)

So they take me downtown and ask me to breath. I tell 'em to fuck off. They get nothing.

In court I won the DUI. STILL lost my license for a year for refusing to blow! State law.

Bullshit. I got through my year, truthfully just fucking driving anyway, and now am sitting fine and good.

Stop fucking CAPITULATING! It only encourages them.

LibForestPaul
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't get stoned, so I have nothing to fear. I don't need to come home to get a call from the cops that my wife is dead because some stoner rammed into her. Good Job! At least someone is locking up these druggies.

dannno
09-22-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't get stoned

That's a shame, I feel bad for you.

I don't need to come home to get a call from the cops that my wife is dead because some stoner rammed into her. Good Job! At least someone is locking up these druggies.

Ya well I don't need to come home and get a call that your damn wife rammed into my best friend who was driving stoned and responsibly because your wife sucks and driving. Get her off the damn road! Stoned drivers are SAFE drivers. Everybody knows women suck at driving, they are the ones who should be taken off the road, not safe stoned drivers (j/k ladies, seriously, just trying to make a point ;))

Did you read my post on the last page?? WTF is your deal, anyway? I've been smoking and driving responsibly for the last 10 years of my life, you can go to hell if you want to put me behind bars for that.

dannno
09-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Posting again for ignorance sake:

Stoned drivers are safe drivers
By Dana Larsen - Tuesday, January 11 2005

Two decades of research show that marijuana use may actually reduce driver accidents.

The effects of marijuana use on driving performance have been extensively researched over the last 20 years. All major studies show that marijuana consumption has little or no effect on driving ability, and may actually reduce accidents. Here's a summary of the biggest studies into pot use and driving.
A 1983 study by the US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) concluded that the only significant affect of cannabis use was slower driving - arguably a positive effect of driving high.

A comprehensive 1992 NHTSA study revealed that pot is rarely involved in driving accidents, except when combined with alcohol. The study concluded that "the THC-only drivers had an [accident] responsibility rate below that of the drug free drivers." This study was buried for six years and not released until 1998.

A 1993 NHTSA study dosed Dutch drivers with THC and tested them on real Dutch roads. It concluded that THC caused no impairment except for a slight deficiency in the driver's ability to "maintain a steady lateral position on the road." This means that the THC-dosed drivers had a little trouble staying smack in the center of their lanes, but showed no other problems. The study noted that the effects of even high doses of THC were far less than that of alcohol or many prescription drugs. The study concluded that "THC's adverse effects on driving performance appear relatively small."

A massive 1998 study by the University of Adelaide and Transport South Australia examined blood samples from drivers involved in 2,500 accidents. It found that drivers with only cannabis in their systems were slightly less likely to cause accidents than those without. Drivers with both marijuana and alcohol did have a high accident responsibility rate. The report concluded, "there was no indication that marijuana by itself was a cause of fatal accidents."

In Canada, a 1999 University of Toronto meta-analysis of studies into pot and driving showed that drivers who consumed a moderate amount of pot typically refrained from passing cars and drove at a more consistent speed. The analysis also confirmed that marijuana taken alone does not increase a driver's risk of causing an accident.

A major study done by the UK Transport Research Laboratory in 2000 found that drivers under the influence of cannabis were more cautious and less likely to drive dangerously. The study examined the effects of marijuana use on drivers through four weeks of tests on driving simulators. The study was commissioned specifically to show that marijuana was impairing, and the british government was embarrassed with the study's conclusion that "marijuana users drive more safely under the influence of cannabis."

According to the Cannabis and Driving report, a comprehensive literature review published in 2000 by the UK Department of Transportation, "the majority of evidence suggests that cannabis use may result in a lower risk of [accident] culpability."

The Canadian Senate issued a major report into all aspects of marijuana in 2002. Their chapter on Driving under the influence of cannabis concludes that "Cannabis alone, particularly in low doses, has little effect on the skills involved in automobile driving."

The most recent study into drugs and driving was published in the July 2004 Journal of Accident Analysis and Prevention. Researchers at the Dutch Institute for Road Safety Research analyzed blood tests from those in traffic accidents, and found that even people with blood alcohol between 0.5% and 0.8% (below the legal limit) had a five-fold increase in the risk of serious accident. Drivers above the legal alcohol limit were 15 times more likely to have a collision. Drugs like Valium and Rohypnol produced results similar to alcohol, while cocaine and opiates showed only a small but "not statistically significant" increase in accident risk. As for the marijuana-only users? They showed absolutely no increased risk of accidents at all.

LINKS AND REFERENCES

1983 National Highway Transportation Safety Administration study: Stein, AC et al., A Simulator Study of the Combined Effects of Alcohol and Marijuana on Driving Behavior-Phase II, Washington DC: Department of Transportation (1983)
www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth12.shtml

1992 National Highway Transportation Safety Administration study: The Incidence and Role of Drugs in Fatally Injured Drivers, by K.W. Terhune, et al. of the Calspan Corp. Accident Research Group in Buffalo, NY (Report # DOT-HS-808-065)
www.drugsense.org/tfy/nhtsa1.htm

1993 National Highway Transportation Safety Administration study: Marijuana and actual Driving Performance, By Hindrik WJ Robbe and James F O'Hanlon. Institute for Human Psychopharmacology, University of Limburg
www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_driving4.shtml

1998 University of Adelaide and Transport South Australia study:
www.ukcia.org/research/driving4.html

1999 University of Toronto Study, Marijuana Not a Factor in Driving Accidents:
newsandevents.utoronto.ca/bin/19990329a.asp

2000 UK Transport Research Laboratory study on Cannabis and Driving:
www.mapinc.org/newscc/v00/n1161/a02.html

2000 UK Department of Transportation's Cannabis and Driving report:
www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_rdsafety/documents/page/dft_rdsafety_504567.hcsp

2002 Report of the Special Senate Committee on Illegal Drugs
www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/commbus/senate/com-e/ille-e/rep-e/repfinalvol1part4-e.htm

July 2004, Journal of Accident Analysis and Prevention, Psychoactive substance use and the risk of motor vehicle accidents.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15094417

For a less scientific and more amusing study of the combination of drugs and driving, go here:
www.techno.de/mixmag/interviews/Driving_on_drugs.html

A BETTER WAY TO TEST

Performance testing is better than drug testing
Cannabis Culture, January 2005
cannabisculture.com/articles/4130.html

Alternatives to Drug Testing: Performance testing Non-testers List
www.nontesterslist.com/nontesters/ptest.html

Performance testing can add an extra measure of safety
HR Magazine, February 1996
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3495/is_n2_v41/ai_18159115

An Alternative to Drug Testing
Inc Magazine, April 1995
www.inc.com/magazine/19950401/2235.html

MEDIA REPORTS ON "DRUGGED DRIVING" LAWS

UK Launches Drug Driving Tests
Daily Telegraph, December 22, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n1821/a02.html

Drug Office Out To Convince Teens Pot Impairs Driving
Lexington Herald-Leader, December 3, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n1726/a05.html

Growing danger: Drugged driving
USA Today, Oct 21, 2004
www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-10-21-cover-drugged-driving_x.htm

Zero-tolerance drugged driving law doing the job
The Daily Press, July 8, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n977/a05.html

Lawmakers Aiming for 'Zero Tolerance' Of Pot-Smoking Drivers
The Athens News, May 5, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n683/a02.html

Drugged Driving Statutes Pushed
Boston Globe, March 21, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n464/a02.html

New Legislation To Allow Police To Conduct Roadside Tests for Drug Impaired Drivers
Ottawa Citizen, February 23, 2004
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v04/n319/a07.html

Too Many One Toke Over Line, Police Say
Globe and Mail, February 1, 2003
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v03/n173/a01.html

Drug Czar, Prohibition Establishment Seek 'Zero Tolerance' for 'Drugged Driving'
The week online with DRCNet, November 22, 2002
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v02/n2157/a04.html

British Police Plan New Drug Tests For Drivers
Reuters, August 3, 2000
www.mapinc.org/ccnews/v00/n1105/a12.html

Marjiuana Report Too Hot Too Handle
Australian Broadcasting Corporation, October 1998
www.norml.org.nz/Marijuana/Driving.htm#abc981014b

"Steer Clear of Pot" Media Campaign
US Office of National Drug Control Policy
www.mediacampaign.org/steerclear/index.html

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4131.html

brenden.b
09-22-2010, 06:00 PM

+1.

Besides Amash, there is not one other "good" Republican who is actually concerned with limited government, free markets, or individual liberty. Michigan Republicans just suck*

*Except for Justin Amash.

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 06:01 PM

This bears repeating.
Loudly and often.

Friggin' statists.
:(

Anti Federalist
09-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't get stoned, so I have nothing to fear. I don't need to come home to get a call from the cops that my wife is dead because some stoner rammed into her. Good Job! At least someone is locking up these druggies.

Damn, I was going to give out my first - rep.

But it seems I've already used my rep quota for the day.

So I'll have to settle for this:

http://www.iamletired.com/forums/images/smilies/BooThisMan.gif

phill4paul
09-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Do you or your wife ever talk on a cell phone when driving? Sure, go ahead and tell me you and wifey are so responsible you never do.

http://www.unews.utah.edu/p/?r=062206-1

;)

I didn't speak up for the drunk drivers when the state created universally accepted sobriety standards. For I was not a drunk driver. (Well there was the time I had three glasses of wine, but I DIDN'T get caught. It was fine. Honest.)

I didn't speak up for swab recipients when the state started road side testing, upon "probable cause", for I was not a "druggie." (Even though I may have smoked a joint OVER a month ago and I just DO NOT feel the effects now.)

When they started getting my phone records after entering my number, in conjunction with my government mandated ON-STAR GPS. so they should auto-bill me for DWI (Driving While Informed) nobody was left to speak for me.

oyarde
09-22-2010, 06:18 PM
This bears repeating.
Loudly and often.

Friggin' statists.

Not to insult anyone , but to most of the rest of us , Michigan Politicians look pretty bad in general.

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 06:34 PM
what are they going to do arrest you for smoking a joint 1-4 days ago??

oyarde
09-22-2010, 06:43 PM

Pretty much what I was wondering .

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 06:45 PM

Yes
damn it.

Dr.3D
09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes
damn it.
That would be like arresting somebody for drinking 24 beers two days ago.
There is no way the person could be impaired either way.

roho76
09-22-2010, 07:15 PM
We be taxin
Taxin
Taxin
Taxin
I hope you like taxes, too.

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 07:16 PM
That would be like arresting somebody for drinking 24 beers two days ago.
There is no way the person could be impaired either way.

And this is Michigan.
Here they will arrest and convict you for having a BB gun and call it a firearm.

If they make it a law (and they will try) they will do it.
Michigan voters passed Medical Marijuana. Some folks are pissed about that and want to make life miserable for everyone.

:mad:

oyarde
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
And this is Michigan.
Here they will arrest and convict you for having a BB gun and call it a firearm.

Michigan voters passed Medical Marijuana. Some folks are pissed about that and want to make life miserable for everyone.

Your serious that a bb or pellet gun is classified as a firearm ? Where I live black powder weapons have no laws .

Dr.3D
09-22-2010, 07:19 PM
And this is Michigan.

I can just see it now.... they wipe the inside of your windshield down with a cotton swab and then test it to see if there are any traces of drugs on it.

That will probably be the next thing coming down the pike.

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 07:21 PM
We be taxin
Taxin
Taxin
Taxin
I hope you like taxes, too.

haha funny stuff. the funniest was i actually sang it back to myself marley style;)

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 07:22 PM
studies are showing marijuana smokers are more focused driving and do not show loss of ability to drive like alcohol drinkers. libforestpaul is clueless on studies obviously!!
these are the folks that need to wake up and understand the earth is round not flat!!!

the danger is alcohol and mixing not marijuana. Studies are showing the opposite for marijuana on driving under the influence unless they have mixed with alcohol!!!

Dr.3D
09-22-2010, 07:24 PM
studies are showing marijuana smokers are more focused driving and do not show loss of abilty to drive like alcohol drinkers.

I know, I was riding down the road with a fellow who had just smoked one and he kept slowing down. I had to remind him to get back up to speed or somebody was going to think there was something wrong with him.

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 07:27 PM

your one whacked out ron paul supporter! sound more uninformed then anything on marijuana. stop your reefer madness pt 2 and understand the earth is round not flat!

your worse then the druggies!! marijuana is far safer then aspirin! i guess your a druggie to!

your wife is not going to get killed by a marijuana smoker! just an ill informed person or an alcohol user!! l

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Your serious that a bb or pellet gun is classified as a firearm ? Where I live black powder weapons have no laws .

Not something I joke about.
http://hamtramckstar.com/index.php/2004/02/06/easy_felony?blog=4

Oh, don't think for a second that I can't pull up a bunch more dumb shit.

oyarde
09-22-2010, 07:33 PM
your one whacked out ron paul supporter! sound more uninformed then anything on marijuana. stop your reefer madness pt 2 and understand the earth is round not flat!

your worse then the druggies!! marijuana is far safer then aspirin! i guess your a druggie to!

your wife is not going to get killed by a marijuana smoker! just an ill informed person or an alcohol user!! l

I am an informed alcohol user , but did not see that category on my census form .

oyarde
09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Not something I joke about.
http://hamtramckstar.com/index.php/2004/02/06/easy_felony?blog=4

Oh, don't think for a second that I can't pull up a bunch more dumb shit.

Crazy . I can carry a black powder 44 revolver with no permit .

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
I know, I was riding down the road with a fellow who had just smoked one and he kept slowing down. I had to remind him to get back up to speed or somebody was going to think there was something wrong with him.

yeah love to see cops ticketing folks for traveling to slow in the left lane stoned or not;) but yeah the idea that marijuana causes folks to drive fast or like drunks is so off base. It makes me want to revoke college degree's/high school diploma's just on this for the folks that think this!! folks thinking like this are truly brainwashed!! do not let your white women smoke marijuana .they will be ravaged by the hispanics!! This is the stupid mentality of these folks!!

speciallyblend
09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I am an informed alcohol user , but did not see that category on my census form .

haha i hear ya! i was just referring to an alcohol user behind the wheel who might possibly kill his wife!!! the only way a marijuana smoker would kill his wife. If she took a bong hit and then didn't exhale;) then we can blame Rand Paul;)
or a marijuana smoker was drunk!!

pcosmar
09-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Crazy . I can carry a black powder 44 revolver with no permit .

I could too. While I was on Parole.
In Missouri.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/231/458767576_1f8c55ffd9_z.jpg?zz=1

That was there and then.
This is here and now.

LibForestPaul
09-24-2010, 05:41 PM

I've seen the affects of hard drugs. I have no qualms about druggies getting locked up so my wife can come home safe. I have heard the horror stories from officers of decapitated babies, and mangled bodies. I do not understand why it is so hard to be driving responsible without being all coked up.

pcosmar
09-24-2010, 05:51 PM
I've seen the affects of hard drugs. I have no qualms about druggies getting locked up so my wife can come home safe. I have heard the horror stories from officers of decapitated babies, and mangled bodies. I do not understand why it is so hard to be driving responsible without being all coked up.

Aw jeeze man.
You should see what the truckers are takin"

Sold a lot of "whites" to truckers in years past. And some really good Pharmaceutical Meth, Back when you could get it. (bathtub crank, stuff called meth today in not the same thing)

"So give me Weed Whites and Wine,,and show me a sign"

dannno
09-24-2010, 06:34 PM

Did you read the studies i posted that show people who use cannabis drive more safely than your wife? Honestly I'm more scared of getting hit by your wife than running into her after reading those studies.

Also, what do hard drugs have to do with cannabis?

Even then, if 5% of the population is doing 'hard drugs', and let us assume for a moment that hard drugs don't affect driving ability, then wouldn't we expect 5% of the accidents that occur to involve hard drug users? So wouldn't all of those things you describe happening happen anyway? Accidents by sober people never involve decapitation or dead babies? Do you have any studies that show people who use cocaine drive any worse than sober drivers? What if a particular cocaine using individual drives more safely than the average sober driver? Should they be behind bars? Shouldn't the cops be looking out for bad drivers no matter what the reason for their bad driving might be?