PDA

View Full Version : Listen to this

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Since I don't know how to attach anything, go here:

http://forums.grunt.com/forums/p/37202/289780.aspx

click on the link about the Star Spangled Banner.

It will knock your socks off :)

speciallyblend
10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Awesome Stuff,sniffle sniffle;)

sylvania
10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I really had no idea that was what was behind the words.

Thanks for posting this.

mavtek
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Those guys in that forum hate Dr. Paul, he wants to take away their killing ground.

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Those guys in that forum hate Dr. Paul, he wants to take away their killing ground.

I know nothing about the forum, I just wanted everyone to hear the version of the Star Spangled Banner. I don't know how to upload it, so I googled it and found it there. Ignore the forum, listen to the song....you'll be glad you did.

ValidusCustodiae
10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
We can't give up!

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I just listened again. Now I'm doing this:

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

sandersondavis
10-17-2007, 10:06 PM

Your comment is ignorant and hateful. I resent it. The military is a professional organization that takes orders from civilian leaders. They do their job with a sense of honor few can appreciate. To imply that they covet "killing grounds" is the worst kind of mis characterization.

It is a weak person who can only promote himself or a cause by attacking others. The message Ron Paul brings to us is positive. You would do well to emulate it.

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 10:08 PM
ah man, just listen to the song....

sandersondavis
10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
ah man, just listen to the song....

And THANK YOU for that link. It brought a tear to my eye.

mavtek
10-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Your comment is ignorant and hateful. I resent it. The military is a professional organization that takes orders from civilian leaders. They do their job with a sense of honor few can appreciate. To imply that they covet "killing grounds" is the worst kind of mis characterization.

It is a weak person who can only promote himself or a cause by attacking others. The message Ron Paul brings to us is positive. You would do well to emulate it.

Hey don't kill the messenger I read their comments, and that's what I took out of it. I suggest you do a search for "Ron Paul" and read them yourself. Personally I'm ashamed to know that my tax dollars go to paying for some of these idiot's salaries. Last night I watched "Dan Rather reports" he was interviewing Robert Young Pelton who wrote "Licensed to Kill". It was an investigative report trying to portray Blackwater in a decent light, yet he couldn't find it. He reported that it's a 1 to 1 ratio of decent ex military working in Blackwater and really bad as well.

The reasons the interviewed veterans gave for joining Blackwater in Iraq:

1. Desperation: Can't stand society and the civilized world and need money anyway.

2. The Thrill: Miss the action of the military and the hoooah attitude. Doesn't hurt that they consider themselves to be above the law as many of them commit heinous crimes and no punishments are derived.

3. Money: The pay averages $140,000 a year, which is usually 4 times what they could make here.

Again don't kill the messenger, I didn't say all people in the military are going around looking for a "killing ground". I think that's obvious look at all those that supported Dr. Paul. I'm just saying most of those guys in that forum.

speciallyblend
10-17-2007, 11:25 PM
bumpty bump

reduen
10-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe this will help folks...

http://marines.togetherweserved.com/usmc/newsletter/32/StarSpangledBanner...asyou_veneverheardit.wma

reduen
10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
May God Bless America Indeed!

Thank you for this post...

NoxTwilight
10-17-2007, 11:56 PM
That was .. wow.

Thanks.

Travis
10-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Reminds you what we are really fighting for and really what this is all about. Excellent post, thank you very much for sharing.

lapi7
10-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Very moving and inspiring. And I learned a few things I never knew as well...

Mortikhi
10-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Is it just me or does the announcer sound like Tim Conway?

nexalacer
10-18-2007, 06:18 AM

They are members of said organization by choice. We should not honor people who choose to enter an organization where they will have to kill others.

speciallyblend
10-18-2007, 06:28 AM
I wish every american could hear this:) maybe bring them back to reality;)

freelance
10-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Can someone work that into a YouTube somehow? I cried through the whole thing. I'm ashamed to say that I never knew the story behind it.

Maybe, just maybe we can across the distinction between defending our country vs. demolishing non-compliant countries in the name of democracy by using this work. I'm not well versed in digital (non-print) copyright law, so I have no idea if what I'm asking is even legal. If not, please excuse my ignorance.

speciallyblend
10-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Can someone work that into a YouTube somehow? I cried through the whole thing. I'm ashamed to say that I never knew the story behind it.

Maybe, just maybe we can across the distinction between defending our country vs. demolishing non-compliant countries in the name of democracy by using this work. I'm not well versed in digital (non-print) copyright law, so I have no idea if what I'm asking is even legal. If not, please excuse my ignorance.

It was great wasnt it. I knew the story,but what got me was the fact dead American Patriots risked their lives to hold our flag up against the british.

So i dont want one american complaining about anything,just go out and spread Ron Pauls Message,at least we dont have cannon fire raining down on us as we pass out flyers and talk to people

RON PAUL REVOLUTION , Ron Pauling IT2008

hopeforamerica
10-18-2007, 08:57 AM

I'm hoping Avaroth will listen to this and get inspired. I might give it a try, but I'm not nearly as talented as some other video makers out there.

Thanks everyone for listening, and spread it around!

shepburn
10-18-2007, 09:31 AM
that was amazing ... WOW!!

everyone please listen to that ... as reminder of just what exactly it is that we in this very Forum are fighting for!

We need to be just as viglient as those men holding that "Star Spankled Banner"

We shall not let them down!!

hopeforamerica
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
You guys really should listen to this! It will make you want to fight for our man that much harder!

JaylieWoW
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM

ARAVOTH!!!

sandersondavis
10-18-2007, 12:22 PM

<good stuff snipped>

Well...the audio isn't quite true.

The anthem was written during the war of 1812. Still the audio does capture the emotion, doesn't it.

Yeah, I cried too.