PDA

View Full Version : Drunk cop nails pedestrian, leaves scene, no charges for leaving the scene

Anti Federalist
09-21-2010, 06:59 PM
So well trained, cut her son down, dodges any serious charges, but he's still an "officer".

"He's a police officer. We have our hands tied

DA: Kennedy Twp. Officer Returned To Scene Of Pedestrian Accident
Posted: 3:58 pm EDT September 20, 2010
Updated: 4:21 pm EDT September 20, 2010

http://www.wpxi.com/news/25087872/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- A Kennedy Township police officer accused of hitting and critically injuring a man while driving drunk on West Carson Street last month will not be charged with leaving the scene of an accident, according to Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala.

Zappala toured the crash scene Monday and said he determined that Frank Caliguiri will not face additional charges for leaving the scene because he returned after the accident.

According to police, Caliguiri's blood alcohol content was 0.126 percent at the time of the accident. The legal limit for drivers is 0.08 percent.

Justin McFadden, 22, had brain surgery last week. His family said that he is showing signs of improvement at the hospital.

Caliguiri faces DUI charges.

The first story:

Man Hit On West Carson Street Undergoes Brain Surgery
Kennedy Twp. Officer Being Investigated
Posted: 3:01 pm EDT September 1, 2010
Updated: 7:00 pm EDT September 9, 2010

http://www.wpxi.com/news/24842447/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- The 22-year-old victim of a pedestrian accident had brain surgery Thursday and remains in critical condition.

Police said an intoxicated Kennedy Township police officer was the driver involved in the accident along West Carson Street that injured Justin McFadden.

McFadden's parents said they don't understand why the officer isn't in jail.

"He's a police officer. We have our hands tied. We're waiting for an investigation while my son's fighting for his life," said Patricia McFadden Booker.

According to police, off-duty Kennedy Township Police officer, Frank Caligiuri, was identified as the driver of the car that struck McFadden.

Police said Caligiuri showed signs of intoxication following a breathalyzer test.

Pittsburgh police said they are continuing to investigate.

Caligueri is on administrative leave while the investigation is pending.

Kennedy Township Police Chief Anthony Bruni said Caligiuri is a 12 year veteran on the police force.

phill4paul
09-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I thought the police were supposed to charge for every offense then it was up to the DA to drop whichever charges he saw fit to or bargained for?

Guess they are stream lining things for the DAs office.

squarepusher
09-21-2010, 07:09 PM
paid vacation, raise, promotion, etc...

Vessol
09-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Eh, just another officer wanting a paid vacation. Seems to be the trend these days.

Anti Federalist
09-22-2010, 11:00 AM
///

newyearsrevolution08
09-22-2010, 11:02 AM
I forgot the point of cops again?

I mean I have my guns to protect my family, home and self. I don't run into people or cause accidents. I always forget what the hell their jobs are.

to help the community?

write tickets
and ........

Vessol
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
They are the glue that keeps society together!

I mean, how could society go on without someone busting in front door with no warrant, breaking old man's necks, and running over kids?