PDA

View Full Version : Search Tool down again

BrianH
10-17-2007, 07:30 PM
It seems for the last week now the search tool has been down more than it is up. I would have revived an older similar thread if I could find it but will have to start a new thread. Is this something we need to raise money for - to get more bandwidth? We should plan for an exponential increase of traffic over the next two months. This has become an INCREDIBLE networking resource for the most exciting presidential campaign ever. So well done all of you who created and maintain this website!

kylejack
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
New server tomorrow.

BuddyRey
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
New server tomorrow.

This is really good to hear! The mysterious absence of the "search" function has been a continuing source of consternation for me as well.

JoshLowry
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
We turn it off when there are around 330+ users online as it is very server intensive.

We actually have upgraded to a new server. All of the new software is installed and we will most likely be on the new one tomorrow and have the "New Posts" and "Search" features up 24/7.

mkrfctr
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Josh - be sure to get John on there if you haven't already ... user name: john_anderson_ii

seriously, no joke. Not. Joking. DOOOOO IT!

:-)

bobmurph
10-17-2007, 08:18 PM
New server tomorrow.

Thank God!...or...well...whoever paid for the server;)

BrianH
10-18-2007, 06:16 AM
New server tomorrow.

Bravo! I love this site -- am constantly amazed at how fast information spreads from here!

Matt Collins
10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
I keep hearing this for weeks but have yet to see any action. And yes I am heckling because the incompetence that results in us not being able to search for a topic is like a handicap. And yes I have offered to give my assistance in the matter.

JoshLowry
10-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Database transfer is in t-minus 1.5 hours. :p

kylejack
10-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Any chance we could leave the Truthers behind? :D

JoshLowry
10-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Any chance we could leave the Truthers behind? :D

Nope, everybody is coming. We decided to even include you! :p

Bradley in DC
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
It seems for the last week now the search tool has been down more than it is up. I would have revived an older similar thread if I could find it but will have to start a new thread. Is this something we need to raise money for - to get more bandwidth? We should plan for an exponential increase of traffic over the next two months. This has become an INCREDIBLE networking resource for the most exciting presidential campaign ever. So well done all of you who created and maintain this website!

Open a new tab and try "RonPaulforums.com" and your search topic. Works better for me than the built-in version (but that is most likely "user error" :o )