PDA

View Full Version : Feds learned their lesson..Man arrested over Chicago bomb Plot

phill4paul
09-20-2010, 05:17 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/man-arrested-over-chicago-bomb-plot/story-e6frf7jx-1225927099774

It also stated that on Saturday night, Hassoun met with the agent, who provided him with a backpack that Hassoun thought contained a high-powered explosive device. He was showed how it works, the release stated, and although it was intended to look real, it was composed of inert materials by the FBI and was unable to explode.

Hassoun, who was under constant surveillance, and the agent then left together in a rented vehicle toward Wrigleyville, where the bombing would take place. Hassoun was then watched by agents as he placed the fake explosive into a trash receptacle, the release stated. He was then arrested about a block south of Wrigley Field and the fake device was recovered.

The FBI said that "at no time was the public in danger during this investigation" and "there was no indication that any foreign or domestic terror groups were in any way connected to this plot."

;):D

dannno
09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
YouTube - Rare TV NEWS report about WTC bombing FBI Foreknowledge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F1Y6cGRXEs)

pcosmar
09-20-2010, 05:26 PM
:confused:
Is there any "terror" plot not instigated by the FBI?

dannno
09-20-2010, 05:42 PM
:confused:
Is there any "terror" plot not instigated by the FBI?

That or some other alphabet agency or global intelligence ally.

I would need some pretty solid proof...

Anyone?

oyarde
09-20-2010, 06:02 PM
That or some other alphabet agency or global intelligence ally.

I would need some pretty solid proof...

Anyone?

I do not think the current group operating in Somalia has outside influence . Probably not the groups in the Phillipines .

oyarde
09-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Where did this guy turn up from ? Is he a citizen ?

pcosmar
09-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Ask his handlers.
:rolleyes:

oyarde
09-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Ask his handlers.
:rolleyes:

Yes .

pcosmar
09-20-2010, 06:16 PM

My guess, Just some guy in Chicago that was angry and not too bright that some G-man wannabe duped into saying something while being recorded. Then he called his FBI friends and said "I got a live one" or something to that effect.
From there some Fed led him along some violent fantasy even providing the means and method of his fantasy.
Then they arrested him and made headlines.

Just my guess. ;)

oyarde
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
My guess, Just some guy in Chicago that was angry and not too bright that some G-man wannabe duped into saying something while being recorded. Then he called his FBI friends and said "I got a live one" or something to that effect.
From there some Fed led him along some violent fantasy even providing the means and method of his fantasy.
Then they arrested him and made headlines.

Just my guess. ;)

Possible . One thing is a fact is the not too bright part .

pcosmar
09-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Possible . One thing is a fact is the not too bright part .

If he was he wouldn't have been talking to Feds.

dannno
09-20-2010, 06:28 PM
I do not think the current group operating in Somalia has outside influence . Probably not the groups in the Phillipines .

How about 'Terror plots covered by the US media' for $800, Alex?

oyarde
09-20-2010, 06:34 PM
How about 'Terror plots covered by the US media' for $800, Alex?

How about I give you three for $300 and leave the US media out ? :) You are making it hard for a guy to earn a little extra beer money . :)