PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "Death Panel" in the Health Care Bill?

bravebulwark
09-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Is there a "Death Panel" in the Health Care Bill?
No, not as a line item.

Will there eventually be an "End of Life" review process to see if throwing more money at a patient is worth it versus the overall cost to society?
Yes, this is a discussion that naturally follows a limited resource versus a near infinite demand.

Don't take my word on it -- just ask Bill
YouTube - Bill Gates: End-of-Life Care vs. Saving Teachers' Jobs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03MZG9vK0W8&feature=related)

I am not saying this is right or wrong. I am merely pointing out that both sides are lying (in spirit).

The Right is selling this as legislated death - which is not accurate in words but is the natural conclusion of the bill - someone will eventually make the decision but not the patient or family. But they insult their supporters by "dumbing it down".

The Left is selling this a miracle solution to fix all budget problems and everyone will get excellent care to the last possible second of life determined by the patient and loved ones. That is a falsehood as well.

Compare the promises of any government program at its inception versus the reality 20 years after it has been established and you know how this will end up.

Remember: If you take the king's coin, you do the king's bidding...

BraveBulwark

newyearsrevolution08
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM
good thing my wife is becoming an rn right now. Not that she could fix everything but damn with health care going the way it goes I might be better off just living right, eating right, staying active and taking care of myself versus hoping I won't get off'd due to some analysist saying enough is enough.

when I am old and grey I will be running around butt ass naked on my own property with zero papers to sign. Not leaving my end days in the hands of anyone but myself lol. For some reason I always picture myself as some crazy old grandpa with a walker screamin at people to get off my property lol.