PDA

View Full Version : I just went into Borders Bookstore and......

roho76
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
....put all my favorite authors in politics, history, economics (Ron Paul, Thomas Woods, Hayek, Napolitano, ect.) facing forward at eye level. Basically covering up the likes of Hannity, Beck, Lutz to name a few. Am I a bad guy? I have been thinking of going to Barnes and Noble and doing the same.

dannno
09-20-2010, 01:52 PM
It's probably fine until they ask you to stop.

I've never seen any signs in bookstores saying you can't do it.

dannno
09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
See, this CD is in stores. The only way I could get my old CD into a store is if I were to take one in and leave it. Then the guys says, “Sir, you forgot this!” “No, I did not. That is for sale. Please alphabetize it.”

RIP Mitch Hedberg

therepublic
09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
....put all my favorite authors in politics, history, economics (Ron Paul, Thomas Woods, Hayek, Napolitano, ect.) facing forward at eye level. Basically covering up the likes of Hannity, Beck, Lutz to name a few. Am I a bad guy? I have been thinking of going to Barnes and Noble and doing the same.

Too funny...you bad boy! :-)

Romulus
09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Good ideas! Face some of them out too.

While youre at it, put on a green apron and rearrange the main display at the entrance. Repeat at next location. Lol!

osan
09-23-2010, 05:57 PM

Devil's in the details. I think it was a good idea.

amy31416
09-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I used to work at a bookstore in college--we were always looking for good ideas for displays. Why not ask a friendly clerk to do a libertarian display?

Just be polite and make sure you aren't acting creepy.

Kotin
09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I did that with "The Revolution:A Manifesto"

TCE
09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I do this with expired food at grocery stores. Sometimes, I take a permanent marker or highlighter and highlight/circle the expiration date. I hope I have made some workers lol.

angelatc
09-23-2010, 10:55 PM
I've done it with Ron Paul's books, and when his face was on the cover of NewsMax, I puts whole rows of him down the magazine aisles at the grocery stores.

I also used to turn Barack Obama inward.