PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Pinhead or Patriot?

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Coming up Bill O'reilly right now.

Vaughn
I just saw that- gee wonder which direction this will go...

bobmurph
"pinhead"...wow, that's fair and balanced!

WillInMiami
10-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Ya know, I used to think that O'Reilly was a good guy. I read his book "Who's looking out for you" and thought that he meant it. But, I know the prick is about to call Dr. Paul a pin-head and it really PISSES ME OFF!! I've never met a more patriotic man in my life and that's saying alot since I served with MANY patriots in the 82nd Airborne Division!

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Ron's a pinhead

winston_blade
10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
YAY!!!! He made it on Faux News.

LibertyEagle
10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
LOL! What a jerk. He's a pompous jackass.

terlinguatx

WillInMiami
What a jerk. You know, I think he really believes the shit he just said. Sad sad little man...

Vaughn
Wow Bill is a Pinhead. Of course Ron Paul must be in the mainstream if Bill feels threatened by him.

quickmike
10-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Ya know, I used to think that O'Reilly was a good guy. I read his book "Who's looking out for you" and thought that he meant it. But, I know the prick is about to call Dr. Paul a pin-head and it really PISSES ME OFF!! I've never met a more patriotic man in my life and that's saying alot since I served with MANY patriots in the 82nd Airborne Division!

Send that prick an email and let him know about your service to your country. Also tell him what a douche bag he is and how a chickenhawk like himself should be ashamed.

bobmurph
So....history is bloviating??? What a jackass...he would have been better off not even talking about what RP said...he just made himself look like clown.

jaumen
what a douchebag. "oh no, ron paul criticized me... i know! i'll call him a pinhead!" what is he... 5? Anyone with half a brain knows that O'Reilly won't let guests who disagree with them answer his arguments... and the fact that he claims they're "dodging his questions" doesn't change that.

Cindy
I just missed it. What did he say?

thomj76
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, just saw it. If you feel compelled to send an email, please note that the "History Lesson in question would have served to enlighten the audience" and it wouldn't have been 60 minutes, more like 30 sec more.

FreedomLover
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
i missed it

The Only Woj
10-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Bill O'Reilly: Pencil-Dick or Penis-Head?

Akus
10-17-2007, 07:01 PM

werd

makes you understand that no one is looking out for you but you. You gotta stay the hell away from people who are looking out for you, especially those that don't even know you exist and are still "looking out for you".

winston_blade
People don't watch O'RLY for reasons other than comedy, do they?

austin356
what happened?

EvilEngineer
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Ok, well good thing Bill'O is already paranoid about someone getting him.... cause now he's got an army of angry people after him. Someone in NY please place a skull on his doorstep.

davidkachel
Bill O'Reilly, a man to whom his wallet and ego are more important than his honor and country. He deserves to pass unnoticed.

quickmike
Yeah, just saw it. If you feel compelled to send an email, please note that the "History Lesson in question would have served to enlighten the audience" and it wouldn't have been 60 minutes, more like 30 sec more.

Dont be naive. Dont you know the answers to all our problems can be summed up in 5 second soundbytes from the top tier candidates?

Where the hell have you been? Reading that constitution thingy or whatever it is?

Cindy
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
So what, he's all menstrual over what Paul said about him at the Taft forum?

Paul just told the truth about what BO said about " No history lessons here". If the truth of BO offends BO, then, maybe he should quit being such a *&%*^*$%$%^.

Lord Xar
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
how many times does someone have to ask "what happened", before someone actually explains what happene?

Johncjackson
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
If anything that really made OReilly look sour for "catching feelings" over Paul's comments. It made BO look like a total douchebag.

What happened:

After saying a woman who left her car on traintracks ( which was run over right after a polie officer saved her) was a "Pinhead", BO said and so is "Ron Paul" ( RP pic, Pinhead! caption). He then played the part of RP's Taft answer about appearing on Glenn Beck where he mentions Oreilly. If you havent seen that, I'm surprised, but he said something like " Well how many times should I go on Oreilly? If you ask me a question, at least let me answer it. He had to interrupt me and say ' I don't want a history lesson."'

Then BO said, "Yeah that's right. I didnt let Paul go on for 2 reasons. He was dodging and would not answer my question on Iran. He kept dodging the question and wanted to change the subject. And then, it was a 7 minute segment, not 60 minutes. Here on The Factor I dont allow dodging questions and endless bloviating, blah blah blah,and so on.."

grfgerger
10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
how many times does someone have to ask "what happened", before someone actually explains what happene?

I didn't see the show but I'll explain because I've seen him do it.

He has this segment where he points out a "pinhead" and a "patriot". He played the taft forum clip where Ron Paul criticized him and called Ron a pinhead rather than a patriot.

bobmurph
10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
O'reilly: "waa waa waa:( :( :( :( It was only a 7 minute segment:( :( :( " "History is bloviating:( :( :( " waaa waa waaa .

Was the RP segment really 7 minutes? I remember it being shorter.

jaumen
10-17-2007, 07:11 PM

It was essentially a little segment tacked on towards the end of the show in order to get back at Ron Paul for what he said about O'Reilly (the clip on youtube where he essentially says that O'Reilly wouldn't let him answer questions, etc). Apparently papa bear's feelings were hurt, and he felt the need to lash out and call Ron Paul a pinhead, and then explained how he had to cut him short because it was only a 7 minutes segment, etc. That's really all there is to it... not counting the clip of Ron Paul's statement it was only about 30 seconds long.

Was the RP segment really 7 minutes? I remember it being shorter.

It was a little shorter... almost 6 minutes (based off the clip on youtube)

V4Vendetta
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
video?

Cindy
10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
B O said history is bloviating? :confused: That makes no sense. BO is bloviating.

From dictionary.com

blo·vi·ate /ˈbloʊviˌeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bloh-vee-eyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object), ‑at·ed, ‑at·ing. to speak pompously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1850–55, Americanism; pseudo-L alter. of blow to boast; popularized by W. G. Harding]

—Related forms
blo·vi·a·tion, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This blo·vi·ate (blō'vē-āt') Pronunciation Key
intr.v. blo·vi·at·ed, blo·vi·at·ing, blo·vi·ates Slang To discourse at length in a pompous or boastful manner: "the rural Babbitt who bloviates about 'progress' and 'growth'" (George Rebeck).

winston_blade
I should let everyone know sometime and I suppose that time is now. I am NO longer supporting RP. It's been a good journey and I thought I was right, but now I don't think I am. My good friend William finally convinced me that RP is wrong on the issues. He referred to RP as a pinhead. I thought RP was a patriot. I found that I am wrong. Now my heart is broken.

anewvoice

Well, 30 seconds for someone with a brain, still trying to explain it to our special friend Bill.

DaronWestbrooke
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
another person to add to the shit list.

jaumen
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM

That really is the thing.... O'reilly cuts him off like 3 times and reasks the question, each time pretty much right when he was about to make the beginning of his answer relevant to the question.... this cuts down on the limited time FAR more then if he just let him answer the question. O'Reilly dominates all of his interviews because he is frankly a bad interviewer... all he cares about is making his own points.

Paulitician
10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Pinhead. Now there's an insult.

richard1984
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Fuck BO!!!:D

That's all I have to say. :p

Patrick Henry
10-17-2007, 07:23 PM
He then played the part of RP's Taft answer about appearing on Glenn Beck where he mentions Oreilly. If you havent seen that, I'm surprised, but he said something like " Well how many times should I go on Oreilly? If you ask me a question, at least let me answer it. He had to interrupt me and say ' I don't want a history lesson."

That clip is hilarious by the way. Especially when he says that Beck can be a demagogue sometimes. :D

rajibo
10-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Gabba gabba we accept you, we accept you one of us!
Gabba gabba we accept you, we accept you one of us!

john_anderson_ii
10-17-2007, 07:24 PM
We still fret over BO? Anyone idiot who takes BO seriously has 0% chance of supporting Ron Paul anyway.

I stopped caring about that bag of smashed assholes a long time ago. I think more than half of his viewers watch him out of mild humor, kinda like weekday morning radio.

I sure hope America is smarter than BO.

Delaware
10-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Keep sending emails, that prick needs to be taught a lesson.

EvilTwinkie
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
what happened?

Bill must have seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

ACJohn
Oh Yeah Bill I know you are but what am I

Flirple
I didn't see it but it sounds like great publicity to me. In fact, a badge of honor for RP. More name recognition. To be in a feud with Bill Orielly is a gift! Just like Rudy picking a fight with Ron in SC. It's the gift that keeps on giving. No such thing as bad press.

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I can't believe Bill O'reilly went as far as to call Ron a "cotton headed ninny muggins."

NewEnd
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Right here

Snoop Dogg, of all people, makes an eloquent testament to Bill O'reilly's character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-qI_TZoVKc

Now I say the same thing he said, whenever someone mentions Bill Oreilly, as if he is relevant.

DjLoTi
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
You guys who cares??

wsc321
10-17-2007, 07:42 PM
each time pretty much right when he was about to make the beginning of his answer relevant to the question....

This goes to the root of the problem: Bill is fabricating because he presumes to know where RP was going with his answer. Such a thing is patently absurd, so when Bill claim's RP was "dodging the question" he is engaged in 100% spin.

My impression is BO's show is hopeless. The only way to debate him would be with a neutral Moderator between him and an opponent.

me3
10-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, no doubt. Who cares. Get out and hand out some slim jims. Send some emails to friends and ask them to vote for Ron Paul. Call your aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, and bring some beer next door to the neighbor and tell them to vote for Ron Paul.

Because all of those Americans, are more American than Bill O'Reilly, who owes his career to being a jackass, and nothing will be sweeter, than hearing Bill O'Reilly address Ron Paul as "Mr. President".

JPFromTally
10-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Bill O'Reilly is what people from other countries think Americans are. Loud, obnoxious and never without fault.

For goodness sakes, the guy called Bruce Springsteen a pinhead. The Boss!!! Come on people.

The Boss!

dmitchell
10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Please don't send disrespectful email. He will simply read the angriest letters on television and call us humorless lunatics.

me3
10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
It always surprises me that people will email the haters voraciously, but they aren't contacting everyone they know and getting them to vote for Ron Paul.

Email won't win this election, we need boots on the ground and at the polls.

Nash
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Please don't send disrespectful email. He will simply read the angriest letters on television and call us humorless lunatics.

QFT.

Bill is an entertainer and doing this is entertaining to him and his viewers and apparently us since we noticed it and are now talking about him.

Forget about it. He gave Paul airplay. It doesn't matter. We're only stronger for it.

0zzy
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
You guys should feel proud,
he feels threatened :).

ladyliberty
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Yep and just look what we do for his ratings!

Roxi
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
my opinion: BO did this specifically to get a reaction from US

we have obviously done our jobs well, after the recent "Dont mess with Ron Paul Supporters" crap, he wants to get a rise out of us, cause this big ole' hooplah. and then he gets good ratings for like half a second. Not only that but he made an ass out of himself the other night, now he wants Ron Paul to look like an ass so people will think hes cool again.

Fortunately he was never cool.

Flirple
10-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Please, please, please, don't give him any ammunition to paint RP supporters as kooks. Spell check your emails, don't use any profanity, and don't use ad hominem attacks. Be logical and articulate. He is baiting us to send incoherent angry emails so he can read them on the air and joke about Ron and his fans being crazy.

This can be valuable press for RP but I promise you he will select the worst email he gets from us so be articulate!

Malakai0
10-17-2007, 08:04 PM
The guy is a fool, luckily there is a comedian who is very rich and popular for making fun of him 4 nights a week (<3 Colbert).

Ron Paul/Steve Colbert ticket is the only way to go to the white house! Then we can listen to Ron and make fun of O'Reilly at the same time. America or Heaven? You decide.

richard1984
10-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Right here

Snoop Dogg, of all people, makes an eloquent testament to Bill O'reilly's character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-qI_TZoVKc

Now I say the same thing he said, whenever someone mentions Bill Oreilly, as if he is relevant.

My sentiments exactly! :D
Snoop Dogg...gotta love him!! :cool:

Blowback
10-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Youtube?

TheConstitutionLives
10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I can't believe Bill O'reilly went as far as to call Ron a "cotton headed ninny muggins."

He also called Paul a "poo poo head"

hahaha What a jerk. The founding fathers mowed punks like O'reilly down during the revolution.

DrNoZone
10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
This is hilarious! Oh, poor Bill, Ron Paul got your goat did he? lol! I only wish RP would have called BO a demagogue.

It's an honor for RP to have BO all in a tizzy! Free airtime! Woot!

jd603
10-17-2007, 08:45 PM
This is GREAT. Olbermann loves adding Bill O as WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD. ..and saying what he did about the constitution will give him a perfect reason to add him again. Maybe Ron will FINALLY get mentioned on COUNTDOWN now?

Send a message to them, altho they regularly screen his show anyway, hah.

Duckman
10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, being hated by Bill-O is actually a gold star to Democrats, and I don't think every Republican thinks he knows what he's talking about either.

jd603
10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Please Youtube! :)

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
He also called Paul a "poo poo head"

hahaha What a jerk. The founding fathers mowed punks like O'reilly down during the revolution.

hahaha! seriously rofl. The balls of that man to say such a thing!

Noog
10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Don't bother emailing him. That's what he wants. He's not going to change his mind about RP, he might even turn up the attacks for the added attention. Just ignore him. Most people do.

werdd
10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
I was hoping for a warm response, seeing as right before oreilly said he wished we had never gone into iraq, a first ever.

thomj76
10-17-2007, 09:39 PM
I should let everyone know sometime and I suppose that time is now. I am NO longer supporting RP. It's been a good journey and I thought I was right, but now I don't think I am. My good friend William finally convinced me that RP is wrong on the issues. He referred to RP as a pinhead. I thought RP was a patriot. I found that I am wrong. Now my heart is broken.

Ah, the dry wit of sarcasm may have been lost some, but not to me, Oh, Winston, not to me :)

thomj76
10-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Here is the email that I sent to "Pinhead Prime"

Good Evening, Bill:

I have seen the good side of you. The thoughtful investigative journalist of many moons ago, to the side of you presently that becomes incensed at the prospect of judges abusing their authority. I have heard your comments in regard to Iraq about going back in a time machine, and not doing the same thing again. I know you are a "you broke it, you brought it" kind of guy, in regard to the present situation. I emailed you a while back when you had Dr. Ron Paul on. The history lesson that you cut off would have taken at most another minute, probably more like 15-25 secs. It certainly wouldn't have been the "60 minutes" you exaggerated tonight.

I find it ironic that on one hand, you would be noticeably upset about Iraq, and the actions that took place leading us towards today, and yet you would deny the chance to hear some pertinent history in regard to Iran. This knowledge could indeed stop us from making a similar mistake. We have become far more entangled in this area of the world since England handed us the ball.

Time out, Coach!!! We really need to be certain about what our next play is going to be! Those that do not know their history, it has been said, are doomed to repeat it.

Humbly, I hope that we as a nation can learn from these mistakes and grow as a people.

For this irony, kind sir, I must dub thee "Pinhead Prime" for tonight. On one hand, you earnestly feel bad about not doing the same thing again, yet upon the other, you bash Dr. Ron Paul, who would have you look at the history before we potentially get thrown into another extended War Powers Act Operation. If we as a country were to more closely follow the US Constitution, we would not be in the bind we seem to find ourselves in today.

aravoth
10-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I used to listen to his radio show, and watch his program. I used to respect him for the work he has done regarding child predators. I can honestly say, without a doubt, that I will never watch or listen to either of his programs, ever again. What kind of fool must a person be to ignore reasons for our current plight. It is people like this that will guide us down the path of self destruction.

reaver
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Please Youtube! :)

If you have Foxnews its on in the next 10 minutes.

traviskicks
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Mother F*cker!

Flame this circus act: Oreilly@foxnews.com

Don't send nasty emails, nasty emails make us look bad and hurt Ron Paul.

Geronimo
10-17-2007, 09:53 PM
It's on again. After this word from our sponsor.

RevolutionSD
10-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I just saw it! I think it's awesome! Bill O is totally threatened by Ron Paul! He pulled that video it looked like off of YouTube or something!

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you WIN!

We've officially moved to stage 3 people!

thomj76
10-17-2007, 09:59 PM
If you send an email, be thoughtful and balanced. Extend the respect that he has not shown, and maybe it can serve as an example and reminder of that spark of goodness within.

traviskicks
10-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Send that prick an email and let him know about your service to your country. Also tell him what a douche bag he is and how a chickenhawk like himself should be ashamed.

We're never going to win people over if we fight fire with fire. The emails should be polite and 'turn the other cheek', when people send hateful emails it backfires and those are the ones he puts up on the program that make us all look like shit.

huchahucha
10-17-2007, 10:13 PM
HA! I just saw it. I usually like O'Reilly, but sometimes he gets on these little paranoia trips where he gets upset if anyone says anything critical of him, and he comes off looking really obnoxious. This is a great example. I mean, when was Ron Paul on his show? Months ago, and he is still obsessing about it. If Ron Paul said something funny about Bill at every campaign event, he could be on the Factor every night of the week.

ACJohn
10-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry Dr. Paul I have to go with EggHead. :)

brumans
10-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Video is here:

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/

dmitchell
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Now that I've seen the clip... this is a big nothing. Please don't send angry to email to O'Reilly. The whole thing was tongue-in-cheek and sending angry emails over such trivialities just makes us look humorless and fanatical.

0zzy
10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Now that I've seen the clip... this is a big nothing. Please don't send angry to email to O'Reilly. The whole thing was tongue-in-cheek and sending angry emails over such trivialities just makes us look humorless and fanatical.

indeed

DahuiHeeNalu
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM
American Patriot All The Way!!

RonPaulFever
10-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Some of you folks are too thin-skinned. Just wait until RP gets serious traction and the REAL media assault begins.

Magsec
10-17-2007, 10:55 PM
The reason why Bill O's average viewer age is in the 70s is because every nursing home in America is stuck on Fox News. Well, from my experience that's been the case.

traviskicks
10-17-2007, 11:17 PM

yea i just saw it, and i agree. I am glad bill mentioned paul, we should be sending him emails thanking him for the good give and take.