PDA

View Full Version : Bill Would Lift Military Abortion Ban

Matt Collins
09-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Senate Democrats are angling to end the military's decades-old ban on allowing abortions in overseas military hospitals, thus thrusting the culture wars back onto the front burner after months of being drowned out by the nation's economic woes.

Sen. Roland W. Burris, Illinois Democrat, ushered the proposal through the Senate Armed Services Committee in May, tacking it onto the Defense Authorization Act, which the Senate is slated to consider Tuesday.

SOURCE:
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Bill-Would-Lift-Military-Abortion-Ban/2010/09/20/id/370864

Lucille
09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
The DREAM Act is also in it.

The GOP's in a tight spot! Which is what they get for being pro-every war that is waged, and pro-policing the world so the US taxpayers can subsidize every filthy welfare state on the planet.

nobody's_hero
09-20-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm trying to figure out the strategy here.

What would the democrats have to gain by dredging up the abortion issue when there is a conservative tidal wave coming on an election year?

oyarde
09-20-2010, 01:18 PM

What would the democrats have to gain by dredging up the abortion issue when there is a conservative tidal wave coming on an election year?

makes no sense ....

Matt Collins
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM

Maybe it's a last ditch effort to ram through their agenda before they lose big time anyway? :confused:

ChaosControl
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
GOP will choose their love of war over protecting the unborn, they always do.

Minuteman2012
09-20-2010, 02:40 PM

Just think how many unborn are killed by the bombs we drop. Tens of thousands I would wager.

Matt Collins
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Just think how many unborn are killed by the bombs we drop. Tens of thousands I would wager.

YouTube - Madeleine Albright Defends Mass-Murder of iraqi Children (500,000 Children dead) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo)

ChaosControl
09-20-2010, 02:50 PM

Yes. Thousands of unborn and born both. War is sick and so is anyone who supports it.

Minuteman2012
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes. Thousands of unborn and born both. War is sick and so is anyone who supports it.

Essentially the RNC and DNC support involuntary abortion on a mass scale

Anti Federalist
09-20-2010, 02:54 PM

That ^^^