PDA

View Full Version : Why I Hate this Nov 5th $100 Idea

ronpaulfan
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
If we have the ability to raise $10 million on Nov 5th, lets just donate now and meet our $4 million October goal
Our campaign goal for October is more important than celebrating a Hollywood movie
News headlines will spin it to turn off mainstream voters. example: "Ron Paul supporters celebrate terrorist holiday"
If we don't raise $10 million on Nov 5th, we will have missed our October goal AND our Nov 5th goal.

My solution that will make everyone happy: If you are holding out $100 for Nov 5th, donate a matching $100 before the end of October so we have a chance at the $4 million goal.

I personally think this Nov 5th idea was deliberately concocted to sabotage the October fund raising goal (don't flame me for thinking that please).

The Good Doctor
10-17-2007, 06:18 PM
BS. Let er rip I say. We surely need support, but I like this idea.

ItsTime
10-17-2007, 06:20 PM
If people want to do it we cant stop it. Campaign already said they think we will raise 3 million this month 4 next and 5 in December.

partypooper
10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
If people want to do it we cant stop it. Campaign already said they think we will raise 3 million this month 4 next and 5 in December.

i was sort of disappointed with that. i think that that 4-4-4 would give us more press and better distributed press (with substantive october coverage that could help the momentum build) than 3-4-5.

LibertyEagle
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, unless we pick it up, we're not going to make it to 3 this month either. Donations have slowed to a slow trickle today.

ItsTime
10-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I disagree, 444 looks like no progress. 345 looks like we are on a roll and cant be beat :)

i was sort of disappointed with that. i think that that 4-4-4 would give us more press and better distributed press (with substantive october coverage that could help the momentum build) than 3-4-5.

Natalie
10-17-2007, 06:27 PM
It might hurt our October goal, but I'm not that worried about it. We probably wont reach the 4 mil goal for this month, but the Ron Paul R3VOlution grows everyday!! We will surely break the $12 mil goal by December!

mannycp
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
too much debating going on, the Nov. 5 idea is a good one. But, if the people don't like it we can stop it, like ITSTIME said. I'll make a poll. if people don't like it, then we should stop it..

freedominnumbers
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
What urks me is that they never mention that Ron Paul is the only guy whose money has come entirely from individuals. No mega corp donations and no funny business.

werdd
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Should change it to october 30th.

Stealth4
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Look whats done is done

Oct 30th, Nov 5th - whatever.

I'm not head over heels about it, but lets just stop bickering and get behind it and spread word of it.

paulitics
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
If we have the ability to raise $10 million on Nov 5th, lets just donate now and meet our $4 million October goal
Our campaign goal for October is more important than celebrating a Hollywood movie
News headlines will spin it to turn off mainstream voters. example: "Ron Paul supporters celebrate terrorist holiday"
If we don't raise $10 million on Nov 5th, we will have missed our October goal AND our Nov 5th goal.

My solution that will make everyone happy: If you are holding out $100 for Nov 5th, donate a matching $100 before the end of October so we have a chance at the $4 million goal.

I personally think this Nov 5th idea was deliberately concocted to sabotage the October fund raising goal (don't flame me for thinking that please).

I agree. I hate the idea. For one,its completely unrealistic. Secondly, it interferes with the more modest yet still challenging goal of 4 million for money we need NOW. Were only half way on pace for this, so thinking we can somehow manage 100,000 people in one day is ridiculous. If 1/10 of that were to happen I would be completely amazed.

This will hurt the Octobor goal, it does sabotage it, though I don't think it is a conspiracy...I just think the intentions were well meaning but poorly thought out.

Ridiculous
10-17-2007, 06:48 PM
The idea of associating Ron Paul and his supporters with a Violent anti-hero is a very bad idea from a marketing standpoint. Mind you, I like V for Vendetta.

But this isn't some violent revolution. We are trying to get someone elected.

I think this person explains a lot of the same thought I have pretty well:

I don't really know how to convince people that your average American doesn't look kindly upon violent revolutions in the year 2007. Most people don't know what happened during the Revolutionary war, the guerrilla tactics used, etc. and think a bunch of guys whose names they can't remember met up in Philadelphia and wrote up the Constitution and bill of rights as they are now.

But most people do know that Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman were in a movie called V for Vendetta, whose charismatic, mildly psychotic anti-hero was persecuted by a totalitarian, Nazi-styled (in the movie, anyways) government, and reacted to his long history of abuse through vendetta murder and, in the end, suicide terrorism. This is not the kind of victim complex we want people to see Ron Paul supporters as having.

I know, I know, Thomas Jefferson said the tree of liberty must be refreshed by the blood of patriots from time to time, etc. etc., but that's just not the framework your average voter is operating in.

But whatever, everyone do what they want to do, just think about your actions and how they reflect on the candidate you're trying to support.

I'll give 100 bucks on November 5th, and I hope he raises a mil in one day. That would rock.

American
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm open to anything that gets the money to the Ron Paul campaign. I dont think its that critical about the Oct, Nov, "totals" as long as the money gets there, Nov 5th, Oct 30th, whatever does it for you. I think its a good idea to organize and make a statement, if it works then great if it doesnt its not the end of the world.

What get the people motivated to donate to the campaign I am in favor of.

devil21
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Money is money and as long as its in Q4 its all the same.

BIG_J
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
don't. BE a douche just donate now if you want all this bs second guessing fundraisers needs to stop. If you want to donate now, if you donate if you want to donate on the fifth donate then seriously stfu with the "is it good to donate crap posts that have been circulatng"

davidhperry
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Money is money and as long as its in Q4 its all the same.

Agreed. I originally voted that I didn't like it but it all comes out in the wash anyway - they don't report on a monthly basis so it all winds up in the Q4 total. Just don't associate it with the movie and we'll be good.

I think we have the potential to raise a lot of money on that day. Just PLEASE don't set everyone's expectations that we're going to raise $10M. Getting 10,000 people to do anything is extremely hard - especially in a coordinated fashion. That's an awfully ambitious goal and it's a tough one to meet. It's the type of goal that we should definitely shoot for but we should be satisfied with lesser amounts as well.

mannycp
10-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Could we have someone put the
http://www.thisnovember5th.com/ website link on the home page of this forum?

saahmed
10-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Sure it will hurt the October total but why does that matter? There is nothing to report until the end of the year. Not meeting the October goal is no big deal. Getting a huge lump sum on one symbolic day (to some) will be a big deal.

cmc
10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Someone in another thread said s/he didn't know why so many people wanted to "herd" the donations. I agree.

synthetic
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Could we have someone put the
http://www.thisnovember5th.com/ website link on the home page of this forum?

100,000 donors in one day is IMPOSSIBLE.

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree with the original poster on this thread for three major reasons.

1. As I said before, I believe that associating the Ron Paul campaign with "V for Vendetta" or Guy Fawkes is a foolish choice that will only hurt us in the eyes of the public. It is an appeal to violent extremism, which is antithetical what Dr. Paul stands for.

2. Many states are in the process of moving their primaries to an earlier date. New Hampshire may have theirs as early as December, which will prompt Iowa to move theirs to 8-11 days before New Hampshire's, which will prompt all the other early primary states to move theirs forward as well. This will only hurt the campaign - we're still trying to educate the public, not only about Ron Paul's platform, but about the very fact that he exists. Everyone on this board probably qualifies as a political junkie - we know what's going on. Most people don't. Most people haven't been scouring youtube, watching the debates, and carefully following the primary process. The only way to get the word out is through grassroots activism (which is good) and mainstream TV and radio ads (which are ESSENTIAL). Ad time isn't cheap. The campaign may have 5 million dollars in the bank, but they can spend a big chunk of that just purchasing ad time in Iowa and New Hampshire, and those aren't even major media markets. To get the message disseminated as quickly as possible, the campaign needs money NOW. Not in a few weeks, not on some symbolic date, NOW.

3. The other candidates plan to use the earlier primaries to their advantage. Look at how they're spending their money - like drunken sailors! Why? Because they know that if they can blast their name out there as loud as possible in the few short months we have until the primaries, they will stay at the forefront of media attention, and therefore the attention of the voting public. The other campaigns already have the media on their side to a certain extent, and if we allow them to be successful the noise from their campaigns may drown out our message.

Because the groundwork has already been laid for this fundraising effort, I think it would be great to keep it going, but to move the date up.

I would propose that we make the donation date October 25th. Make it a new holiday. Call it Freedom Day, and celebrate the inaugural of this new holiday by donating 100 dollars.

I can't stress enough how important it is to get money to the campaign as soon as possible. I'm not trying to be obnoxious or frustrate the hard work of those who have gotten the ball rolling on this project, but I hope you can see how it may hurt the campaign rather than helping.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
100,000 donors in one day is IMPOSSIBLE.

Aim for the stars. Settle for the clouds.

DjLoTi
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Won't hurt me. :)

kylejack
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
I agree with the original poster on this thread for three major reasons.

1. As I said before, I believe that associating the Ron Paul campaign with "V for Vendetta" or Guy Fawkes is a foolish choice that will only hurt us in the eyes of the public. It is an appeal to violent extremism, which is antithetical what Dr. Paul stands for.
Its an appeal to send money, not to commit violent extremism.

2. Many states are in the process of moving their primaries to an earlier date. New Hampshire may have theirs as early as December, which will prompt Iowa to move theirs to 8-11 days before New Hampshire's, which will prompt all the other early primary states to move theirs forward as well. This will only hurt the campaign - we're still trying to educate the public, not only about Ron Paul's platform, but about the very fact that he exists. Everyone on this board probably qualifies as a political junkie - we know what's going on. Most people don't. Most people haven't been scouring youtube, watching the debates, and carefully following the primary process. The only way to get the word out is through grassroots activism (which is good) and mainstream TV and radio ads (which are ESSENTIAL). Ad time isn't cheap. The campaign may have 5 million dollars in the bank, but they can spend a big chunk of that just purchasing ad time in Iowa and New Hampshire, and those aren't even major media markets. To get the message disseminated as quickly as possible, the campaign needs money NOW. Not in a few weeks, not on some symbolic date, NOW.
New Hampshire will be January 10th or so.

I would propose that we make the donation date October 25th. Make it a new holiday. Call it Freedom Day, and celebrate the inaugural of this new holiday by donating 100 dollars.

I can't stress enough how important it is to get money to the campaign as soon as possible. I'm not trying to be obnoxious or frustrate the hard work of those who have gotten the ball rolling on this project, but I hope you can see how it may hurt the campaign rather than helping.
Ridiculous. I'm donating about $100 every 2 weeks. Many Ron Paul patriots are making regular donations. It makes little difference if they make their weekly donation on the 5th, 6th, or 7th.

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Kylejack, not everyone is donating 100 dollars every 2 weeks. Not everyone can donate 100 dollars every 2 weeks. And if enough people wait to donate their 100 dollars, it could be a serious blow to the campaign's fundraising. We've already seen things slow to a trickle, we'll get another bump after the debate on Sunday, but seriously, they need the money yesterday!

kylejack
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Kylejack, not everyone is donating 100 dollars every 2 weeks. Not everyone can donate 100 dollars every 2 weeks. And if enough people wait to donate their 100 dollars, it could be a serious blow to the campaign's fundraising. We've already seen things slow to a trickle, we'll get another bump after the debate on Sunday, but seriously, they need the money yesterday!
Why? The only significant expenditure has been the radio ad buy, and that still leaves a lot of money left to spend.

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 08:12 PM
right, but there are both time and money restrictions on the campaign - they need to do more advertising than any other campaign to get the word out. The radio buy was only the first step, and it was still pretty expensive. The TV ads will be more expensive still. Times two, three, four states, especially more populous states where advertising is more expensive, and it starts to add up. The campaign could be buying ads with the money we donate on October 25th, while they would have to wait 2 more weeks to use funds from the 5th. This process is speeding up, and the more advertising they can buy the better.

LBT
10-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Setting unattainable goals encourages apathy and decreases focus.

I think it is destructive to have these big fundraising plans marketing themselves against the official campaign goals (which should have been 3,4,5 imho).

Mini-goals like 300k for Nov 5th, or 50k for a meetup group for promotion X can help to motivate and keep the fundraising exciting, but these extremely unrealistic pledges just invite apathy and disappointment.

Best to set reachable targets and then work like hell to overdeliver. Surpassing targets adds to the enthusiasm. We saw that when the 500k target was passed in 3 days.

If this $10 mil in one day campaign was being run by a company marketing department, it would have been knocked on the head a long time ago as it became obvious it would fail. Don't forget that the road to hell was built on good intentions and that too many cooks spoil the broth. In the same way, we can't get behing every idea that is started. No company can run that way. Some ideas need to be knocked on the head and they simply drain resources.

This idea was ill conceived in the first place. It is the kind of idea I would promote if I wanted to disorganize the campaign. Just think of the fun we would have if Rudy's campaign tried to raise 10 mill in one day. We'd make sure everyone knew that they couldn't make their targets and that they failed miserably.

Whoever started this 10 mil in one day pledge ought to reaccess. Perhaps encourage the pledgers to keep their commitment, but that the target has been lowered to 300k or some other realistic figure.

DrNoZone
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM
I too think all of these pledges and fundraising contest are pretty silly. If you can donate, JUST DO IT! Don't wait until X people sign the pledge, do it now.

The only one that made any sense is the Ron Paul Money Bomb. Mainly because it would serve as an email reminder to donate on a regular basis. That one I can get behind, thes others are pointless.

axiomata
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Don't forget the time value of money. $100 today is worth more than $100 tomorrow. ;)

Derek Johnson
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
The movie is fake

This election is not

I am proud to give ONE HUNDRED usd november five

The hype is worth as much as the money

Do the right thing

paulitics
10-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Setting unattainable goals encourages apathy and decreases focus.

I think it is destructive to have these big fundraising plans marketing themselves against the official campaign goals (which should have been 3,4,5 imho).

Mini-goals like 300k for Nov 5th, or 50k for a meetup group for promotion X can help to motivate and keep the fundraising exciting, but these extremely unrealistic pledges just invite apathy and disappointment.

Best to set reachable targets and then work like hell to overdeliver. Surpassing targets adds to the enthusiasm. We saw that when the 500k target was passed in 3 days.

If this $10 mil in one day campaign was being run by a company marketing department, it would have been knocked on the head a long time ago as it became obvious it would fail. Don't forget that the road to hell was built on good intentions and that too many cooks spoil the broth. In the same way, we can't get behing every idea that is started. No company can run that way. Some ideas need to be knocked on the head and they simply drain resources.

This idea was ill conceived in the first place. It is the kind of idea I would promote if I wanted to disorganize the campaign. Just think of the fun we would have if Rudy's campaign tried to raise 10 mill in one day. We'd make sure everyone knew that they couldn't make their targets and that they failed miserably.

Whoever started this 10 mil in one day pledge ought to reaccess. Perhaps encourage the pledgers to keep their commitment, but that the target has been lowered to 300k or some other realistic figure.

Applauds. Finally some common sense. Guys this idea will hurt the campaign. Read this poster's points over and over again if you don't get it. They are articulated very well. This will syphon away from the offical goal, and will create apathy when people see those goals not being reached. Its not opinion, its fact that if the last week of October if we are at 1.5 million instead of 2.5 million, we will have an extemely flat week because people will see the goal as unattainable. That could cost us perhaps a million dollars.

Derek Johnson
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
"Guys this idea will hurt the campaign. "

No, it will help.

"This will syphon away from the offical goal, and will create apathy when people see those goals not being reached."

No, it won't do that either.

"Its not opinion, its fact that if the last week of October if we are at 1.5 million instead of 2.5 million, we will have an extemely flat week because people will see the goal as unattainable. "

This isn't true either.

"That could cost us perhaps a million dollars"

This also, is not true.

McDermit
10-17-2007, 09:20 PM
The fifth has no significance to the campaign. Oct 30 would at least be beneficial yo our Oct goal

paulitics
10-17-2007, 09:30 PM
"Guys this idea will hurt the campaign. "

No, it will help.

"This will syphon away from the offical goal, and will create apathy when people see those goals not being reached."

No, it won't do that either.

"Its not opinion, its fact that if the last week of October if we are at 1.5 million instead of 2.5 million, we will have an extemely flat week because people will see the goal as unattainable. "

This isn't true either.

"That could cost us perhaps a million dollars"

This also, is not true.

sounds like you really put alot of thought into this response.

jjschless
10-17-2007, 09:33 PM
The thread is laughable in a sad way. Give money to the campaign today, tomorrow, whenever. If this gimmick gets us some press coverage it is possible that said coverage could be worth more than the amount donated.

Quit nitpicking every little thing, it is a waste of time and energy. Seriously WTF! Drive on people.

jrich4rpaul
10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
If the October goal is not reached, that's only more ammo for the mainstream media.

Stop and think... just DONATE, GET MORE SUPPORTERS, AND GET THEM TO DONATE.

RevolutionSD
10-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I honestly wasn't going to donate anything until probably december before I saw the november 5th thing. This just forces me to save up and do that $100. I've already contributed over $1k and pretty tapped but drives like this actually motivate me to keep giving everything I can!

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
The thread is laughable in a sad way. Give money to the campaign today, tomorrow, whenever. If this gimmick gets us some press coverage it is possible that said coverage could be worth more than the amount donated.

Quit nitpicking every little thing, it is a waste of time and energy. Seriously WTF! Drive on people.

I'd imagine that if this idea either succeeds or fails (if it's carried out on the 5th, anyways), the reports in the media will be something along these lines -

"In other news, there is some controversy over a grassroots fundraising effort for Ron Paul. Paul's supporters used images and text from the film "V for Vendetta," in which the main character kills a number of government officials, and finally rides a subway full of explosives to blow up the Parliament building. "V" dresses as Guy Fawkes, a little-known figure in America. He is burned in effigy each year on November 5th for his part in an attempt to blow up the Parliament building in 1605.

Paul's campaign also fell 1 million dollars short in their fundraising goal for last month."

jrich4rpaul
10-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I'd imagine that if this idea either succeeds or fails (if it's carried out on the 5th, anyways), the reports in the media will be something along these lines -

"In other news, there is some controversy over a grassroots fundraising effort for Ron Paul. Paul's supporters used images and text from the film "V for Vendetta," in which the main character kills a number of government officials, and finally rides a subway full of explosives to blow up the Parliament building. "V" dresses as Guy Fawkes, a little-known figure in America. He is burned in effigy each year on November 5th for his part in an attempt to blow up the Parliament building in 1605.

Paul's campaign also fell 1 million dollars short in their fundraising goal for last month."

exactly

paulitics
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM

yep.

paulitics
10-17-2007, 10:05 PM
New Hampshire will be January 10th or so.

you don't know this Ron Paul just sent out an email saying it may be moved up to early december.

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 10:06 PM
exactly, that's the point I was making before - this primary season is speeding up, and there are powerful people trying to make it speed up because it is to their advantage. Which is why the campaign needs the money now, or at the latest in a week or so, not in November.

ClockwiseSpark
10-17-2007, 10:21 PM
For those of you trying to argue that this will hurt the campaign, let me just say one thing.
I've spoken to 10 people willing to donate who would not do so otherwise, and they are ready to do so because of the reference to V for Vendetta and the ideals expressed therein.

Several of them even frequent these forums. Keep it up, you might just convince them it's a bad idea.

Brinck Slattery
10-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I'd rather lose 10 potential donors who may or may not give money on November 5th than miss our October goals and further marginalize our candidate who has already been portrayed in the media as kooky and extreme.

risiusj
10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Sure there will be less money given in October.
But there's a big chance for a big day that makes big news.
I think it's a good idea.

NinjaPirate
10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Well, if you don't like the Nov 5th idea donate NOW or ASAP. Other's will donate on said day.

sandersondavis
10-17-2007, 10:36 PM
For those of you trying to argue that this will hurt the campaign, let me just say one thing.
I've spoken to 10 people willing to donate who would not do so otherwise, and they are ready to do so because of the reference to V for Vendetta and the ideals expressed therein.

Several of the even frequent these forums. Keep it up, you might just convince them it's a bad idea.

I have no reason to doubt your sincerity. I do however wonder why those 10 people find a movie more of a motivation than Ron Paul's message.

I think this November 5th thing just reinforces the notion that the RP campaign is little more than a bunch of social misfits who have nothing better to do than watch comic book based movies, play video games, and send out mass emails.

No matter, whatever reason brings them to the revolution, I, for one, welcome them, their vote and their money.

Karrl
10-17-2007, 10:38 PM
As always, everything depends on you. Please, make the most generous donation you can

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

as soon as you can.

They would like donations "as soon as you can".

reduen
10-17-2007, 10:40 PM
To try and deter a funds drive of any kind is about as unreasonable as it can get. If you don't like the November 5th idea, do not take part in it. It is just that simple..

I personally have not seen the movie and do not plan on watching it in the future but I liked the idea, thought it sounded neat and made the decision to pledge a donation even though I had already decided I was not going to donate any more money to this campaign period.

Believe it or not, this idea got me to open my pocket book just one more time...

I say follow through and promote the dickens out of this idea!

kylejack
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
To try and deter a funds drive of any kind is about as unreasonable as it can get. If you don't like the November 5th idea, do not take part in it. It is just that simple..
Yahtzee.

inibo
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll be giving $100 before the end of October and another $100 on the 5th. Does something else matter?

Taco John
10-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Whatever happens, I'm committed to donating $100 on November 5th. I'd be happy to donate another $100 on the Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party in December as well.

I'm not made of endless money though. I've donated several times through October. I don't think that my holding out for November is going to make a difference. I think the thread-starter has a funny idea in his head about how many people are truly participating in these forums. We only represent, at the MOST five percent of Ron Paul's support here. Probably a lot less than that. Not every supporter is following Ron on a daily basis (though plenty are). People will trickle in and donate just like any one of us did the first time we donated.

max
10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
The idea of having a special donor day is to give a sense of greater empowerment that day...It will definitely induce more donations.

The net increase will offset those who lower their October donation....

And it could generate lots of publicity..

as for media spin regarding Guy Fawkes....STOP LIVING IN FEAR OF THE MEDIA..

they are our enemy anyway and its follish to allow them to define things

axiomata
10-17-2007, 11:11 PM
as for media spin regarding Guy Fawkes....STOP LIVING IN FEAR OF THE MEDIA..

they are our enemy anyway and its follish to allow them to define things

They won't have to define or spin anything. Simple reading of history should tell us that we don't want to associate Ron Paul with Guy Fawkes.

Taco John
10-17-2007, 11:13 PM
They won't have to define or spin anything. Simple reading of history should tell us that we don't want to associate Ron Paul with Guy Fawkes.

I think we have a lot more to worry about than a fundraiser being associated with Guy Fawkes.

Plus the international appeal this story would have would export news about Ron Paul across the pond.

ronpaulfan
10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Ron Paul's site has an October goal and Ron Paul just sent an email stressing donations as soon as possible:

"As always, everything depends on you. Please, make the most generous donation you can https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ as soon as you can. I need your help so badly."

Taco John
10-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Then donate.

Mikakaze
10-17-2007, 11:42 PM
i love alan moore and ron paul. was planning on donating $50 or so with my next paycheck, but this idea really has encouraged me to wait until the 5th and donate $100 for the chance to be a part of a significant boost in both campaign finances and spirit. cheers :]

Derek Johnson
10-18-2007, 05:21 AM
sounds like you really put alot of thought into this response.

Sounds like you need a reality check. Your critical of a silly fundraiser and worrying about image. There is not downside to potentiall raising 1 million in a day, which is likely. If enough get energized, the 10 million is a stretch...but who knows, do you?

Brinck Slattery
10-18-2007, 05:50 AM
the downside is not raising 1 million in a day, and being associated with a terrorist who is burned in effigy every year in England. It's pretty much all downside.

qwerty
10-18-2007, 06:06 AM
Stop whining and start spreading this idea!!

Letīs suprise the media/campaign on november 5th, everyone can save 100$ for that cause!

:cool: