PDA

View Full Version : After this aired lastnight Christine O'Donnell's campaign is over!

V4Vendetta
09-19-2010, 07:36 AM
"I Dabbled With Witchcraft" Christine O'Donnell Cancels Sunday Shows Appearances After New Video
YouTube - "I Dabbled With Witchcraft" Christine O'Donnell Cancels Sunday Shows Appearences After New Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc5HXVxe7XM)

Bruno
09-19-2010, 07:41 AM
All seems pretty innocent. If I can vote for someone who believes in any other religion, I could vote for someone who dabbled in witchcraft. But others might not feel the same way.

V4Vendetta
09-19-2010, 07:45 AM
All seems pretty innocent. If I can vote for someone who believes in any other religion, I could vote for someone who dabbled in witchcraft. But others might not feel the same way.

Yeah man, I'm not saying it wasn't innocent. I am saying the Christians will never vote for her. I don't think the Ron Paul people have fully understood the effect the Christian Republicans have.

w2992
09-19-2010, 07:52 AM
screw the republicans she is past that hurdle. It up to the general population now!
the opponant is pro death abortion and war.

XNavyNuke
09-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Yeah man, I'm not saying it wasn't innocent. I am saying the Christians will never vote for her. I don't think the Ron Paul people have fully understood the effect the Christian Republicans have.

Since Evangelical Christians dominate the elite power structure of the Republican Party, and since EC's won't vote for Catholics, Mormons, Pagans, or Atheists, then there there no reason why any non-EC's should grovel before the party for favours.

XNN

specsaregood
09-19-2010, 07:59 AM

Are you a Christian?

brenden.b
09-19-2010, 08:10 AM

I don't even know why "Ron Paul people" would concern themselves with Christine O'Donnell. She is just plain awful on so many levels.

lynnf
09-19-2010, 08:14 AM
not necessarily over. many Christians understand conversion stories, there are a lot of Christians that have had shadowy pasts and then saw the light. maybe she can recover if she's not currently a witch! it all depends upon how she responds now. probably a good move to cancel the Sunday shows at this point, though in order to avoid the feeding frenzy.

lynn

MRoCkEd
09-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Bill Maher is threatening to release another one of these old clips every week until Christine appears on his show.

MozoVote
09-19-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't think this is going to be that big a deal. She'll make some speech talking about how important her current faith is.... The Christian right buys that "born again" stuff.

james1906
09-19-2010, 08:16 AM
She went on a date that got weird, we've all been there.

ctiger2
09-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Thank Gold Ron didn't endorse this loon.

Senator Jim DeMint & Governor Sarah Palin on the other hand did. Ouch!

Just goes to show you better do your due diligence before endorsing anyone...

MRoCkEd
09-19-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm sure Ron would endorse her if she was anti-war. But she's not at all, so I don't really care if she wins. But keep in mind, her Democratic opponent is a known marxist!

MozoVote
09-19-2010, 08:22 AM
If only she was campaigning against Alvin Greene. I'd donate to both campaigns to watch the party elites squirm! :D

sofia
09-19-2010, 08:27 AM
im not a big fan of this chick....but if people's pasts and unproven allegations are gonna be an issue.....why didnt the media hype up about Obama's admitted use of crack cocaine?.....or the allegations of homosexual affairs against him?

what a double standard.

besides, who among us has not done stupid things in our youth....I once subscribed to The Limbaugh Letter!

brenden.b
09-19-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm sure Ron would endorse her if she was anti-war. But she's not at all, so I don't really care if she wins. But keep in mind, her Democratic opponent is a known marxist!

I doubt that Ron would have endorsed her solely if she was anti-war. Have you seen the rest of her stances and the skeletons in her closet that are now just starting to creep out.

Ron has a much higher standard in endorsing candidates, he wouldn't base it on one position. Palin and DeMint, on the other hand, will endorse anyone, so long as it gives them power and prestige over the current GOP establishment and gives them the image of "bucking the system".

sofia
09-19-2010, 08:34 AM
i personally know of some ex degenerates who have cleaned up their lives through the guidance of religion.

so lets not judge this woman because people can and do change and mature.

what i dont like is her pro-war stance.

this nonsense from Bill Maher show means nothing.

Sola_Fide
09-19-2010, 08:36 AM
This is not at all a campaign ender. If anything, she can turn this around to get even stronger support from social conservatives.

MelissaCato
09-19-2010, 08:45 AM

Ya know it though, during my high school days, almost everyone owned a Ouija board. LOL

In Girl Scouts we learned some Black Magic, especially the people who were afraid of the dark in the middle of the forest. The people who were afraid of the forest in darkness, overcame their fear.

I agree, it's up to the voters now.

sofia
09-19-2010, 08:55 AM
she needs to run TV commercials about her opponent admitting to be a Marxist...and asking why HE is not being attacked by the media.

"I don't dabble in witchcraft anymore. The question is, does my opponent still dabble in Marxism."

Southron
09-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Why is this stuff even relevant to the campaign?

angelatc
09-19-2010, 09:20 AM

I got the impression that she was telling the story in the context of events that led her to her faith.

V4Vendetta
09-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Why is this stuff even relevant to the campaign?

Because the American people do that. They look at not only person, but their actions, which is a good thing in my view.

sailingaway
09-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I actually think people are getting pissed off at media demonizing tea party candidates with irrelevant personal stuff.

Fozz
09-19-2010, 09:26 AM

And a Truman Democrat

silentshout
09-19-2010, 09:26 AM
I do not like o'donnell as a candidate. Who cares if she was wiccan at one time, which i doubt as the way she described it was pretty wrong. What i don't like about her is that is is very pro foreign interventionism and her whole campaign finance thing is pretty wacky. Also her views are pretty anti-liberty.

I find it funny that so many Christians, who are all about "religious freedom," get so upset if someone running for office used to be a different religion, or are currently not Christian. Who cares?

teamrican1
09-19-2010, 09:27 AM
I doubt that Ron would have endorsed her solely if she was anti-war. Have you seen the rest of her stances and the skeletons in her closet that are now just starting to creep out.

Ron has a much higher standard in endorsing candidates, he wouldn't base it on one position. Palin and DeMint, on the other hand, will endorse anyone, so long as it gives them power and prestige over the current GOP establishment and gives them the image of "bucking the system".

Ron has been very complimentary towards her in recent interviews despite her neocon foreign policies. Perhaps he sees the establishment trashing her and senses that since the neocons threw her under he bus, she might be more willing to join Rand and the other pro-liberty candidates once she wins. The whole witchcraft thing is ridiculous. She could show up at the US Senate in a black hat, cape, and a cauldron and she'd still be less "crazy" than the establishment politicians who voted for TARP and support the stimuluses.

Fozz
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM

Not really. RP has endorsed wingnut Michele Bachmann and Islamophobe Virgil Goode..

sailingaway
09-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Ron has been very complimentary towards her in recent interviews despite her neocon foreign policies. Perhaps he sees the establishment trashing her and senses that since the neocons threw her under he bus, she might be more willing to join Rand and the other pro-liberty candidates once she wins. The whole witchcraft thing is ridiculous. She could show up at the US Senate in a black hat, cape, and a cauldron and she'd still be less "crazy" than the establishment politicians who voted for TARP and support the stimuluses.

He'd welcome another fiscally conservative vote, isn't at all turned off by Christianity, of course, and compared to Castle, I'm sure thinks she is an improvement. Ron is all about voting principle so the other equations GOP run about whether a decent candidate can ever win the general, so maybe you shouldn't nominate decent candidates, has no sway with him. And he never jumps on gossip wagons about people.

Southron
09-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Because the American people do that. They look at not only person, but their actions, which is a good thing in my view.

But the bare honest truth is we only get the facts the media are willing to present to us.

How many skeletons do the establishment politicians have in their closet that you never hear of till years after their death?

We only hear what the media chooses to let us hear.

Aratus
09-19-2010, 09:38 AM
she "dabbled" most superficially and then saw the light???
most christians expect we mortals often be with flaws and
only by accepting the faith can we see the light. this small
instance of honesty may not hurt her come this november.

HOLLYWOOD
09-19-2010, 09:51 AM
I'd vote for a Felon Bank Robber over the Elitist Establishment robbing ringers these 2 parties and their payola MSM media forces upon the people.

The Aristocracy of both sides see Independent O'Donnell as a threat... especially the crusading evangelicals and the Dumbocrats.

I'd vote for O'Donnell in a heartbeat and her staff needs to take on the fallacy of the media.

NOTE: Delaware GOP party leader Tom Ross has declared war on Christine O'Donnell.
Ross Stated, "She's not a viable candidate for ANY office in the state of Delaware. She could not be elected dog catcher."How's that for your GOP establishment's true colors? Ross went on to say,
That, "O'Donnell is being funded by out of state money and organizations, which don't have anything to do with Delaware." Like, name one candidate/politician that doesn't take money from out of state? There's another example of the establishment sabotaging anyone that threatens their cozy aristocratic world.

pcosmar
09-19-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd vote for a Felon Bank Robber over the Elitist Establishment robbing ringers these 2 parties and their payola MSM media forces upon the people.

I'm not running for any office at the moment.
But thanks for your support.
:D

specsaregood
09-19-2010, 10:07 AM
//

pcosmar
09-19-2010, 10:14 AM
You didn't get caught at a stripclub did you? When I was in the keys 2 different bank robbers got caught in the same week. How? Because they both went to the stripclub afterwards.

As far as O'Donnell, the biggest PLUS in her favor for me is her IRS problems. It tells me that she is no fan of them.

Nope, But I remember that story.

As to O'Donnell, Likely better than what was. Not everything she could be. Time will tell.

Perhaps some are ignoring the Wicca vote. ;)
how many of them are there really?

V4Vendetta
09-19-2010, 10:27 AM

I'd vote for O'Donnell in a heartbeat and her staff needs to take on the fallacy of the media.

Good Point, I agree with you

PatriotOne
09-19-2010, 10:34 AM
After this aired lastnight Christine O'Donnell's campaign is over!

Fine by me. She is not a TeaParty candidate as defined by me...she is a Palin....go to war with Iran and protect Israel candidate. In other words a candidate that has hitched her wagon to the tea party. Plus she is an evangical (worse than dabbling in witchcraft!) and to me that is just as bad as a neo-con.

TNforPaul45
09-19-2010, 01:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

I Can't stop laughing! She's PERFECT for washington! I'm surprised the Elites didnt welcome her with open arms! She's one of them!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

"Satanic altar"

HAHAHAHAH

Oh Boy Oh Boy, She's right up Beck's alley with that one!

Mattsa
09-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't even know why "Ron Paul people" would concern themselves with Christine O'Donnell. She is just plain awful on so many levels.

Another Palin clone

She comes across like she doesn't know the difference between her arse and her elbows.

If you asked her to locate Iran on a map she wouldn't even know where to find it. I doubt Palin could either. They'd quite happily bomb it though

erowe1
09-19-2010, 01:36 PM

She already got what she needed from the Christians, the Republican nomination. From here on out she needs to get votes from everyone else. Looks to me like she's well on her way. She's already cornered the support of both of Delaware's witches.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm not running for any office at the moment.
But thanks for your support.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/laughing-calvin--26-hobbes-337864_504_313.gif

anaconda
09-19-2010, 02:31 PM
This is great! She can put a spell on the Senate to pass an audit the fed bill!

YouTube - Frank Sinatra - Witchcraft (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIZIBm2QGaM)

newyearsrevolution08
09-19-2010, 02:39 PM
def lose that christian base

sad when religion takes over political opinions

what makes you, leads your views whether wrong or right according to our constitution

Pauls' Revere
09-19-2010, 02:42 PM
and Clinton tried to inhale, and Bush did coke.....yawn

erowe1
09-19-2010, 02:42 PM
def lose that christian base

sad when religion takes over political opinions

what makes you, leads your views whether wrong or right according to our constitution

So who do you think the Christian base will vote for instead?

libertybrewcity
09-19-2010, 02:46 PM
We need more witches in congress.
Reminds of this!
YouTube - She's a witch! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g)

tnvoter
09-19-2010, 02:49 PM
C.S.Lewis, before JRR Tolkien converted him to Christianity; admittedly dabbled in witchcraft quite a bit.

libertybrewcity
09-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I think O'Donnell is such an extreme Christian that Christians will "forgive" her or support her even more if she pushes that she is now "reformed" or born again.

speciallyblend
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM

ooo we know;) I have had to deal with many christian republicans. Not all but many are why the gop is so screwed up in the first place!! The right-winger christians and war mongers are the main reason people cannot stand the gop!!

Maximus
09-19-2010, 04:57 PM
why doesn't she just say... "I dabbled in witchcraft, it was a huge mistake which I regret very much"?

wgadget
09-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I respectfully disagree.

If she was elected by THE PEOPLE, the people will savor her right to freedom of religion/assembly. It's Constitutional. I say it's a nothing issue.

wgadget
09-19-2010, 05:16 PM

And this MAY BE JUST THE INGREDIENT the Tea Party needs to overcome the media-sponsored portrayal as a bunch of Christian Fundies.

specsaregood
09-19-2010, 05:16 PM
why doesn't she just say... "I dabbled in witchcraft, it was a huge mistake which I regret very much"?

I posted this in the other related thread at the same time as you posted this, might as well crosspost it here:

LOL @ her response:

“How many of you didn’t hang out with questionable folks in high school?” she asked fellow Republicans at a GOP picnic in southern Delaware on Sunday.

“There’s been no witchcraft since. If there was, Karl Rove would be a supporter now,” O’Donnell jokingly assured the crowd.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/19/odonnell-makes-light-of-witchcraft-comment/

Gotta love it when a GOP candidate lays down some smack on Rove.

silus
09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Lets see how many Christian hypocrites turn on her for something in her past, thats not even who she is.

torchbearer
09-19-2010, 05:38 PM
she needs to run TV commercials about her opponent admitting to be a Marxist...and asking why HE is not being attacked by the media.

"I don't dabble in witchcraft anymore. The question is, does my opponent still dabble in Marxism."

win.

silus
09-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Bullshit. Exploration is how we learn about our environment. She dabbled and she went another direction. It wasn't a mistake, and she doesn't need to regret it, because she clearly didnt get anywhere past "dabbling." So wtf is there to even discuss here??

Anti Federalist
09-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
“How many of you didn’t hang out with questionable folks in high school?” she asked fellow Republicans at a GOP picnic in southern Delaware on Sunday.

“There’s been no witchcraft since. If there was, Karl Rove would be a supporter now,” O’Donnell jokingly assured the crowd.

ROFL.

Shit, that just might be worth a contribution.

JustinTime
09-19-2010, 05:44 PM
I probably wouldnt vote for her if I lived in Delaware, her being a pro-war neocon and all, but I really dont give a rats ass about this or her opinion that masturbation is bad.

It saddens me that this tabloid tripe is supposed to be reason for opposition to O'Donnell.

silus
09-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Witchcraft is the new "truther."

therepublic
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM
You know what made me vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries?

The media was bashing, and humiliating him which made me think...hmm he must not be part of the establishment. So, I began searching the internet to find out what his voting record was, and what he said he stood for.. I liked what I found out about the man, voted for him, and still support him.

I have not researched O'Donnell. But she is being bashed and humiliated by the media. Hmm, she must not be part of the "good old boys"...she might be my kind of gal.

anaconda
09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Maybe she meant "voodoo economics."

Knightskye
09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints

Amen, Billy.

georgiaboy
09-19-2010, 06:10 PM
wow the establishment seems to really be grasping for straws now.

GO'Donnell.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Amen, Billy.

Hadda post.

YouTube - Only The Good Die Young (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgmWwMheXkk)

Xchange
09-19-2010, 07:15 PM
wow the establishment seems to really be grasping for straws now.

GO'Donnell.

If Christine only made 5,800$ from 3/09 to 6/10.
http://www.delawaretomorrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/ODonnell_2010_PFD.pdf

How could she pay her mom 3,000$ for consulting fees 2 weeks later??

The two payments are made out to a Carole O'Donnell, the reported name of the Delaware Senate candidate's mother, and list her address as Moorestown, New Jersey, where O'Donnell was reportedly raised and graduated from high school. Emails to two representatives of the O'Donnell campaign for confirmation were not immediately returned.

The first payment, dated February 26, 2010, lists $500 for "bookkeeping and reporting." A second payment, dated July 13, 2010, lists $3,000 for "financial consulting services."
by Benjay Sarlin
Christine O'Donnell's Mother on Campaign Payroll?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/beltway-beast/christine-odonnells-mother-on-campaign-payroll/

Christine O’Donnell: How to Live on Less Than $13.00 A Day
http://www.delawaretomorrow.com/christine-odonnell-how-to-live-on-less-than-13-00-a-day/

Watchdog group: Delaware candidate's spending 'flat-out illegal' - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/18/odonnell.ethics/index.html

brandon
09-19-2010, 07:42 PM
What teenage girl doesn't "dabble in witchcraft?"

wgadget
09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
My sister and I used to play with the Ouija board...:eek:

sailingaway
09-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Thinkprogress came out with a compendium against her to make sure the Dem echo chamber has talking points: h xxp://thinkprogress.org/christine-odonnell-record/
Mostly, they have nothing of substance, but this I need to look into:

"O’Donnell believes Bush did a great job saving the economy after 9/11. “Look at what Bush has done. The economy took an incredible hit after September 11. That was a huge shock to the economy. And we’ve recovered a lot quicker than we thought, thanks to Bush and his economic policy.” [Donahue, 11/22/02]"

Mind you she said that eight years ago and not everyone was paying attention eight years ago (I wasn't). I wonder what her thoughts are on that, now?

And:

"O’Donnell advocated military action against Iran. The AP reported, “Ms. O’Donnell was the only candidate, however, to assert that the U.S. should consider military action against Iran. ‘You can’t negotiate with the devil,’ said. [AP, 9/6/06]"

again, four years ago, so has she changed position?

But I can't vote in Delaware, and besides the other guy sounds awful.

Xchange
09-19-2010, 08:04 PM
there is a libertarian in the race

CUnknown
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
You know what made me vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries?

The media was bashing, and humiliating him which made me think...hmm he must not be part of the establishment. So, I began searching the internet to find out what his voting record was, and what he said he stood for.. I liked what I found out about the man, voted for him, and still support him.

I have not researched O'Donnell. But she is being bashed and humiliated by the media. Hmm, she must not be part of the "good old boys"...she might be my kind of gal.

I'm right there with you. She seems like a nice person who is being attacked hard. This all makes me like her more, actually. Besides, I have a lot of pagan friends..

Stary Hickory
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah really I thought this was recent, god teenagers do all kind of dumb krap to be cool.

Knightskye
09-19-2010, 08:58 PM
One nugget of relevance in that Think Progress list.

O’Donnell advocated military action against Iran. The AP reported, “Ms. O’Donnell was the only candidate, however, to assert that the U.S. should consider military action against Iran. ‘You can’t negotiate with the devil,’ said. [AP, 9/6/06]

Hmm.

WaltM
09-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I would've tolerated all she said as "mistakes, jokes" until she said SATANIC.

I dont care about the context, nor am I anti-Witch, anti-Satanism, I do however, love to see her being dumped or defended by angry teabaggers (just for the fun of it).

silus
09-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic...

Anti Federalist
09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic, satanic...

All Hail our partially inflated Dark Lord.

BlackTerrel
09-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Since Evangelical Christians dominate the elite power structure of the Republican Party, and since EC's won't vote for Catholics, Mormons, Pagans, or Atheists, then there there no reason why any non-EC's should grovel before the party for favours.

XNN

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Catholic Republicans. Mormons, Pagans, and atheists you are probably right.

If she is smart she'll say she had a moment of weakness and now her faith is only stronger. If she does it right she'll blow past this.

johngr
09-20-2010, 01:49 AM
i personally know of some ex degenerates who have cleaned up their lives through the guidance of religion.

so lets not judge this woman because people can and do change and mature.

what i dont like is her pro-war stance.

this nonsense from Bill Maher show means nothing.

There is nothing inherently "degenerate" about neo-paganism. The zombie cannibal cult, on the other hand...

newyearsrevolution08
09-20-2010, 01:52 AM
and this is why some people shouldn't run for public office in this day and age. You really have to be 100% perfect but even then the media will push some damn b.s. story long enough until the sheep believe it anyways.

people need to wake up

HOLLYWOOD
09-20-2010, 02:23 AM
I must be a Economic Sorcerer and Political Wizard... I still have and use my "Magic 8-Ball".

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Magic-8-eightball.jpg

Imaginos
09-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Support O'Donnell!
Let's start war vs. Iran because they are 'Devil'!
Palin/O'Donnell 2012!
Spread our virtue by killing and bombing!
Kill all the infidels and their children because we are holier than everybody else!
Hail interventionism!
Hail Military Industrial Complex!
Hail O'Donnell!

moostraks
09-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Wow...Haven't been on here for a little while but glad to see so many self proclaimed libertarians and liberty minded repubs talking about one's individual spiritual exploration in such derogatory terms. As long as people stay within a safety zone of acceptable religious exploration they can be free from ridicule and tolerated for positions in public office? Why expect to get a different result when you are demanding to have the same people apply for the positions and behave in the same manner as the current batch of scoundrels???

:mad: People's arrogance never ceases to amaze me especially concerning that which we do not know but attempt to understand...

(I know nothing on this candidate as I have been out of the loop-but my comments are directed at the love fest for those of non-conventional backgrounds)

NYgs23
09-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Most of you really don't understand Christians if you think this will hurt her among Christians. Christians, especially evangelical Christians, are more attuned than almost anyone to the concept of the repentant sinner. They will take this for what it was intended to be: the testimony of a sinner who was born again.

therepublic
09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Christine is handling this all with finesse and humor. The more the Republicans bash her, the more the Tea Party donates to her campaign.

Jaykzo
09-20-2010, 09:44 AM
"I dabbled in witchcraft" - YOUR CRAZY HAHAHA FOOL
"I believe that all mankind comes from 2 people, one of whom had a conversation with a talking snake who was actually a master demon lord called Satan"- GOD BLESS YOU HERES MAH VOTE

...and for the record, I'd never support this O'Donnell girl. I just don't think that believing in witchcraft is any crazier than taking the bible (or any other religious text) literally.

erowe1
09-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Wow...Haven't been on here for a little while but glad to see so many self proclaimed libertarians and liberty minded repubs talking about one's individual spiritual exploration in such derogatory terms.

What posts are you talking about? I didn't notice people here doing that.

eOs
09-20-2010, 09:57 AM
"I dabbled in witchcraft" - YOUR CRAZY HAHAHA FOOL
"I believe that all mankind comes from 2 people, one of whom had a conversation with a talking snake who was actually a master demon lord called Satan"- GOD BLESS YOU HERES MAH VOTE

...and for the record, I'd never support this O'Donnell girl. I just don't think that believing in witchcraft is any crazier than taking the bible (or any other religious text) literally.

QFT It's like because there's is so prominent in our society they've got the authority in telling what magic powers you're allowed to believe in and which ones are ka-raaaazy! What a circus.

Brian4Liberty
09-20-2010, 10:47 AM
"Politically Incorrect" was a comedy show. Her role on that show was to say things that the rest of the people could make fun of, and to make people laugh. Even though it was about political opinion, it was also an acting gig, and she was probably encouraged to be outrageous with her opinion. No doubt Maher can release sound bites like this forever.

moostraks
09-20-2010, 11:09 AM
What posts are you talking about? I didn't notice people here doing that.

Post 8,12, and 17 for starters. You wade through them, but from your response it seems the mocking of non-conventional beliefs flew right over your head.

I don't know to what extent this gal claims to have dabbled but if she claims to be a born again it could be as mild as celebrating Halloween would get you that scarlet letter W.

moostraks
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
QFT It's like because there's is so prominent in our society they've got the authority in telling what magic powers you're allowed to believe in and which ones are ka-raaaazy! What a circus.

Absolutely right...

erowe1
09-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Post 8,12, and 17 for starters. You wade through them, but from your response it seems the mocking of non-conventional beliefs flew right over your head.

I don't know to what extent this gal claims to have dabbled but if she claims to be a born again it could be as mild as celebrating Halloween would get you that scarlet letter W.

Yeah, I must be a total idiot. Because as I read them, posts 8 and 17 defend her, and post 12 says nothing about her personal spiritual explorations.

moostraks
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I must be a total idiot. Because as I read them, posts 8 and 17 defend her, and post 12 says nothing about her personal spiritual explorations.

Hey, I'm didn't name call. Shadowy past? Seen the light? Thank God Ron didn't endorse this loon? "I know some ex degenerates who have cleaned up their lives...so lets not judge this woman cause because people can and do change and mature"???

Give me a break. It is ridiculous that people seem to think that they have found their path but only their way is right and acceptable and all others should be mocked and subjected to peer review.

erowe1
09-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey, I'm didn't name call. Shadowy past? Seen the light? Thank God Ron didn't endorse this loon? "I know some ex degenerates who have cleaned up their lives...so lets not judge this woman cause because people can and do change and mature"???

Give me a break. It is ridiculous that people seem to think that they have found their path but only their way is right and acceptable and all others should be mocked and subjugated to peer review.

But they weren't mocking her. They're just using the same argument that she herself is using about it, and justifiably so. There's nothing derogatory in them saying that.

That said, there's nothing ridiculous about anybody thinking they're right about religion and others are wrong. Nor is there anything anti-libertarian about that.

moostraks
09-20-2010, 11:43 AM
But they weren't mocking her. They're just using the same argument that she herself is using about it, and justifiably so. There's nothing derogatory in them saying that.

That said, there's nothing ridiculous about anybody thinking they're right about religion and others are wrong. Nor is there anything anti-libertarian about that.

Your argument is ridiculous spin. So she thanks God Ron didn't endorse her because she believes she's a loon too? Just because she may be parroting the same points of seeing the light and such, doesn't mean that the behavior being displayed here is proper.

There is something completely non-libertarian about being so secure in your thoughts on such a subjective matter that you mock and discourage others of a different viewpoint of pursuing any position of power.

erowe1
09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Your argument is ridiculous spin. So she thanks God Ron didn't endorse her because she believes she's a loon too?
So are you now just talking about one single post in this thread that made no mention of her spiritual search or whatever you called it, rather than the "so many" people that you originally said were using derogatory remarks about precisely that?

Just because she may be parroting the same points of seeing the light and such, doesn't mean that the behavior being displayed here is proper.
It does mean that they're not being derogatory against her.

There is something completely non-libertarian about being so secure in your thoughts on such a subjective matter that you mock and discourage others of a different viewpoint of pursuing any position of power.
No there isn't anything nonlibertarian about that at all.

Aratus
09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
or maybe she was a freethinker in high school and 'born again' a few years later on...

the mass media is making this here big whoopie cushion non-event chorus of noises...

paulitics
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
This is going to end up helping her. Thanks to the media.
3 reasons why.

1) The Christians will support her even more for her conversion.
2) The next scandal that O'donnel faces will not have the same effect, since the media has gone full throttle on an irrelevent issue, about something someone did when they were in highschool.
3) This will only victimize O'donnel and will energize the vote even more. Honestly before this stuff came up, O'donnel was kind of a hold your nose and vote candidate for any rational voter. Now, it may be the lesser of 2 evils, with the independents choosing her overwhelmingly as the lesser evil.

Karl Rove, and the liberal media has probably given her 10 extra points when there was no need to do anything other than let her talk.

I don't think she could have won in Delaware before, because well Delaware is a blue state, and her prudish remarks about masturbation, etc would have lost her the independent and libertarian vote. Now, its probably a toss up.

parocks
09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
She saw how terrible witchcraft was.

And she ran as far away from it as she could.

She's hardcore Christian, but from a Limited Constitutional Government perspective.

moostraks
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
So are you now just talking about one single post in this thread that made no mention of her spiritual search or whatever you called it, rather than the "so many" people that you originally said were using derogatory remarks about precisely that?

It does mean that they're not being derogatory against her.

No there isn't anything nonlibertarian about that at all.

No I did not limit myself to one post, reread. But by your responses, you have dug your heels in to defend religious bigots. Good for you. Does not make you liberty minded when you defend a position that treats all those who have differing beliefs on a subjective matter as loons, degenerates, and unenlightened unworthies.

The statements are derogatory against anyone who has a less than conventional spiritual belief system. Even if the person in question now shares the same opinion, it is irrelevant to the fact that the comments themselves previously referred to were callous, possibly ignorant (only eternity will tell), and mean spirited with the intent to maintain the status quo of acceptable candidates.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

If people don't start looking for the unconventional candidate with the nonconformist background they will overlook those most likely to allow each to his own highest liberty because mainstream candidates tend to maintain that only the current belief system in power is acceptable. Not stating this to apply to this candidate because sounds like she has latched on to the war wagon, but speaking to dismissing those who might have such a background being dismissed automatically.

parocks
09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
O'Donnell, and any Conservative who can be trusted to vote R reliably, gets the
"Disapprove Obama" vote. Polls in DE have been all over the place on Disapprove Obama. Right now, in DE it's 37 strong disapprove 6 slight, 19 slight favor 35 strong approve. Most ideological people have a strong opinion on Obama.

O'Donnell will almost certainly get at least 37, Coons probably 35 (or whatever the truth is about strong pro and con).

This is going to end up helping her. Thanks to the media.
3 reasons why.

1) The Christians will support her even more for her conversion.
2) The next scandal that O'donnel faces will not have the same effect, since the media has gone full throttle on an irrelevent issue, about something someone did when they were in highschool.
3) This will only victimize O'donnel and will energize the vote even more. Honestly before this stuff came up, O'donnel was kind of a hold your nose and vote candidate for any rational voter. Now, it may be the lesser of 2 evils, with the independents choosing her overwhelmingly as the lesser evil.

Karl Rove, and the liberal media has probably given her 10 extra points when there was no need to do anything other than let her talk.

I don't think she could have won in Delaware before, because well Delaware is a blue state, and her prudish remarks about masturbation, etc would have lost her the independent and libertarian vote. Now, its probably a toss up.

parocks
09-20-2010, 12:52 PM
She will get every single Christian vote.

She got the best response at values voters.

She was a teenage girl who was playing around with a ouija board or something.

Am I the only person who knows Christine's background?

For 15+ years, she's been pushing the hardcore Christian postition.

Why do you think she was on Bill Maher in the first place, 10+ years ago.

They love her, and they do not care one bit about any of that high school stuff.

parocks
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Christine is Catholic.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but she might be a Evangelical Catholic, if that's possible?

She got the best response at values voters. They will vote for Catholics.

Not pagans or atheists. Maybe Mormons.

I have a little trouble figuring this one out. She might be an Evangelical for Evangelicals, and a Catholic for Catholics.

Sorta like what Obama is trying. Muslims most definitely think Obama is a Muslim.
Obama wants everyone else to think he's a Christian.

XNN

paulitics
09-20-2010, 01:07 PM
She will get every single Christian vote.

She got the best response at values voters.

She was a teenage girl who was playing around with a ouija board or something.

Am I the only person who knows Christine's background?

For 15+ years, she's been pushing the hardcore Christian postition.

Why do you think she was on Bill Maher in the first place, 10+ years ago.

They love her, and they do not care one bit about any of that high school stuff.

I agree, and here is a thought experiment to prove a point. If O'donnell were to run for president, would she have a chance in taking the largely Christian conservative Iowa? Of course she would, and the reason is because of her story of "seeing the light".

The only problem is that Delaware is not a social conservative state, so for every christian voter, she may turn off 2 social liberals.

parocks
09-20-2010, 01:09 PM
All you need to know is that the neocons are attacking her with ferocity.

All the hardcore neocons hate her.

Charles Krauthammer, Karl Rove, Gerson, even Kristol have been attacking her.

I'm guessing that they're afraid that Christine will remind Sarah of a little historical detail in The Passion (Christine was paid to promote The Passion btw) that many Evangelicals have seeningly forgotten. Something about Jews and killing and Jesus.

The Israel firsters might not Sarah to know that there are 2 traditional views of Israel. 1) The traditional one. 2) Sarah's view, the Evangelical view, which is really super new, and awfully confusing to people who believe in Christian religions that were around when FDR was President.

Like this: "They believe what? And these are Christians? Did they miss huge, important sections of the New Testament? When did that happen? No wonder our foreign policy is so screwed up. Someone should give these neoChristians a New Testament, and go over some pretty key points."

And there's no way that Sarah won't give Christine props for spending years and years fighting the Christian fight.

If you want to put a big big hurt on neocons, the candidate to do it with is Christine.

parocks
09-20-2010, 01:18 PM
You have no idea about who Christine is at all.
She
She's been a Christan spokeswoman for 15 years.

She worked for "The Passion"

She wasn't a witch and didn't convert. She was a dumb highschooler playing around. She got hardcore Christian after she decided she was a little too slutty and/or drunken in college. That part of the story is so typical that it's actually kinda boring. Drunken hookups were very common in college. You go to college, there are no "rules" for behavior, you try to determine what the customs are.

Anyway, she has a custom interview, a Bill Clinton 60 Minutes Super Bowl interview, where she explains her life. She might wait until later. 2012 or later.
But she hits a grand slam with that one.

Christine O'Donnell is the neocon killer.

not necessarily over. many Christians understand conversion stories, there are a lot of Christians that have had shadowy pasts and then saw the light. maybe she can recover if she's not currently a witch! it all depends upon how she responds now. probably a good move to cancel the Sunday shows at this point, though in order to avoid the feeding frenzy.

lynn

parocks
09-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Bill Maher is threatening to release another one of these old clips every week until Christine appears on his show.

Sell the DVD. Politically Incorrect "The Best of Christine O'Donnell"

parocks
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
She'll win. Palin'll probably win. DeMint is a huge powerbroker, working with Rand.

And the Ron Paul fans who haven't left to join the tea party don't get it.

This particular board has been "captured" by trolls, long long ago.

Christine O'Donnell is a neocon killer. (or could be)

That's why the neocons, including Bill Kristol, king of the neocons, are attacking her.

She will (or could) explain to Palin the part of the Bible that The Passion describes. Christine helped make The Passion a success. Paid to do so. Neocons wanted to ban The Passion.

A strong America First Foreign Policy is the right one, an Israel First Foreign Policy we DO NOT WANT.

Thank Gold Ron didn't endorse this loon.

Senator Jim DeMint & Governor Sarah Palin on the other hand did. Ouch!

Just goes to show you better do your due diligence before endorsing anyone...

parocks
09-20-2010, 01:39 PM
She already got what she needed from the Christians, the Republican nomination. From here on out she needs to get votes from everyone else. Looks to me like she's well on her way. She's already cornered the support of both of Delaware's witches.

Decent enough analysis. She gets the disapprove Obama with the nomination and being a strong conservative, appealing to Christians. Now find votes elsewhere. She's now a star. People know her. That's a big help. And a likeable pretty woman. Another big help. And a lot of nonideological female 18-29 - not typically a strong area with Republicans - will think that she's "just like me". She became a hardcore Christian after partying too much in college. That will hit home. There are likely a lot of college girls that experienced regrets. They know exactly what drove Christine to her decision to become more moral and more chaste.

parocks
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Maybe. But I disagree.

3 groups of people.

Conservatives, Liberals, nonideologicals.

Christine gets Conservatives. They're enthused this year. Tea Party.
They strongly disapprove of Obama.

Christine doesn't get Liberals. They're not enthused like 2008. They strongly approve of Obama. Christine was never going to get them. They want to continue Obamas policies and will vote for Coons, if they're not too embarrassed to vote. It's possible that Christine could drive up Liberal turnout, that would be the possible downside.

Christine and Coons are fighting over nonideologicals. These nonideologicals are not halfway between liberal and conservative. They aren't deciding between a liberal philosophy and a conservative one. They have no political philosophy.

They'll vote for the one they like.

And I just did a quick focus group in a bar on Saturday night, and I will tell you that the people I talked to were not liberal or conservative. They hated politicians.

I agree, and here is a thought experiment to prove a point. If O'donnell were to run for president, would she have a chance in taking the largely Christian conservative Iowa? Of course she would, and the reason is because of her story of "seeing the light".

The only problem is that Delaware is not a social conservative state, so for every christian voter, she may turn off 2 social liberals.

georgiaboy
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Most if not all of us see shades of her story in ourselves, as we also see in Luke 15:

1 Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." 3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
The Parable of the Lost Coin
8 "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
The Parable of the Lost Son
11 Jesus continued: "There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them. 13 "Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. 17 "When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' 20 So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. 21 "The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. ' 22 "But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate. 25 "Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.' 28 "The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!' 31 " 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

This story plays out over and over again experientially as part of the Christian life. We are the wiccans, the liars, the addicts, the whores, the blasphemers, returning again and again to the ever patient, ever loving Father.

parocks
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM

Let all the swirling little stories build and hit a grand slam with a high profile interview with Palin where they just, nice and slow, talk about her life.

Every ex college girl who did anything they regret after a frat party will support her, unless they are hardcore ideological left. She will talk about her hurt feelings, and there will be melting and love.

parocks
09-20-2010, 02:11 PM
O'Donnell could be the fearless NEOCON KILLER.

She worked for The Passion, which the NEOCONS wanted to ban.

She's gonna tell Palin a little bit about what most Christians
think the Bible says about Jews.

No more neocons.

(A caveat, she may not, but there's no evidence that she isn't
going to tell Palin the truth.)

And Christine has the bonafides. Palin might listen.

Support O'Donnell!
Let's start war vs. Iran because they are 'Devil'!
Palin/O'Donnell 2012!
Spread our virtue by killing and bombing!
Kill all the infidels and their children because we are holier than everybody else!
Hail interventionism!
Hail Military Industrial Complex!
Hail O'Donnell!

erowe1
09-20-2010, 02:51 PM
O'Donnell could be the fearless NEOCON KILLER.

She worked for The Passion, which the NEOCONS wanted to ban.

She's gonna tell Palin a little bit about what most Christians
think the Bible says about Jews.

No more neocons.

(A caveat, she may not, but there's no evidence that she isn't
going to tell Palin the truth.)

And Christine has the bonafides. Palin might listen.

I know some neoconservatives reviled The Passion. But did any actually call for banning it?

parocks
09-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I know some neoconservatives reviled The Passion. But did any actually call for banning it?

I tried to find info on this and I may have overstated the case. "to hinder its distribution." Ban is a term of art.