PDA

View Full Version : Joe Miller's C4L survey

Fozz
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Looks very good.

Pro-bailout RINO and sore loser Lisa Murkowski needs to be soundly defeated.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/candidatesurvey.php?state=AK

Zatch
09-17-2010, 09:55 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Joe Miller seems like the most promising tea party endorsed senate candidate after Rand Paul. It sucks that Murkowski is gonna be a biotch about losing.

brenden.b
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Murkowski's "write-in" candidacy is really a last ditch effort to save her pride. Honestly, I'm not that concerned. How many people are honestly going to go to the polls and say "Hey, I support Murkowski so much that I am going to take the extra effort to write in her name, and she is going to win!"

Very few voters will be going to the polls with that mindset. Maybe only Ms. Murkowski will be doing that. But, for the most part, voters will go check the box for Team R or Team D and my bet is on Team R.

specsaregood
09-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Murkowski's "write-in" candidacy is really a last ditch effort to save her pride. Honestly, I'm not that concerned. How many people are honestly going to go to the polls and say "Hey, I support Murkowski so much that I am going to take the extra effort to write in her name, and she is going to win!"

How many would even be able to spell it right? Do misspellings count?

brenden.b
09-17-2010, 10:12 PM
As far as I know, misspellings do not count. I actually witnessed a write-in campaign for judge back home. The candidate spent thousands of dollars on advertising and mailing to the entire three county area informing people how to exactly write his name on the ballot.

He actually had a good showing the election, but we are talking about a small local race where people are highly motivated to get someone they know into office. Not to mention, it was relatively cheaper for him to do it. Now, I'm sure Murkowski has the money to do it, but are people who do not know her personally really going to put forth that much effort? I have my doubts, hence why I believe she won't even hit double digits and why I believe that Joe Miller should still win easily.

Fozz
09-17-2010, 10:17 PM

Very few voters will be going to the polls with that mindset. Maybe only Ms. Murkowski will be doing that. But, for the most part, voters will go check the box for Team R or Team D and my bet is on Team R.

Murkowski has a war chest of about $1.4 million, and ads are cheap in Alaska.

This could get nasty.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 10:19 PM
How many would even be able to spell it right? Do misspellings count?

This is worth a repost.

Hanging Chad Guy redux

http://obama08cubs.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/chad.jpg

brenden.b
09-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Murkowski has a war chest of about $1.4 million, and ads are cheap in Alaska.

This could get nasty.

I don't doubt her war chest, but I do doubt that it will get nasty. She is not going to be able to convice enough people, either Democrat or Republican, that she is worth a write in vote. Miller and whoever the Democrat is running are going to bury her in ads and mailers.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Looks very good.

Pro-bailout RINO and sore loser Lisa Murkowski needs to be soundly defeated.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/candidatesurvey.php?state=AK

I wonder why, in light of a "yes" to every other question, why he would not be in favor of pulling out of the UN?

Otherwise, very positive.

akforme
09-17-2010, 10:26 PM
I believe Alaska is intent of the voter with ballots, spelling is not a must. That's why my wife said at least

Fozz
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I wonder why, in light of a "yes" to every other question, why he would not be in favor of pulling out of the UN?

Pulling out of the UN is seen as an extreme and isolationist position outside of libertarian/paleocon circles.

brenden.b
09-17-2010, 10:28 PM

I've seen this oddity on several C4L surveys coming from Republicans. Those same Republicans often criticize the U.N., especially when it comes to the U.N. reaction to the Iraq War, so it is strange to see them not wanting to cut ties with the U.N. solely on that basis.