PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 New Hampshire poll: Ron Paul at 8%

RonPaulFanInGA
09-17-2010, 07:11 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/09/romney-up-big-in-nh.html

Mitt Romney continues to look like the overwhelming early favorite for the 2012 Republican primary in New Hampshire, leading with 41% to 12% for Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin, 10% for Mike Huckabee, 8% for Ron Paul, 5% for Tim Pawlenty, and 2% for Mitch Daniels.

MRoCkEd
09-17-2010, 07:15 PM
What's the full poll list now?

wormyguy
09-17-2010, 08:31 PM
That Romney lead is hard to beat, but second place looks very reachable right now - and that would be the biggest news story of the next week.

bwlibertyman
09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah 4% isn't too hard to do.

Knightskye
09-17-2010, 08:59 PM
So, even with the tea party, his polling numbers haven't gone up from last year?

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 09:20 PM
So, even with the tea party, his polling numbers haven't gone up from last year?

Tea Party / Ron Paul.

Apples and bowling balls.

sofia
09-17-2010, 09:24 PM
this Palin bitch is sucking away potential recruits....I only wish Ron had the balls to expose her as a fake....but he wont do negative ads....which is why I wont be donating next time around.....

Ekrub
09-17-2010, 09:30 PM
I could be totally wrong but I think if Palin ran and lost it would seriously damage her star power and her "midas touch." She knows she is not ready (even remotely) to run the country and should wait a few elections to toss her name in the ring.

Even then, I doubt Palin is pulling support from people who would vote for Paul. I think she mainly takes away from Huckabee and the "Keep your hands off my medicare" tea partiers.

wormyguy
09-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Among self identified "Tea Party" members (33% of the sample):

Romney 36%
Palin 18%
Gingrich 15%
Paul 10%
Huckabee 9%
Pawlenty 4%
Daniels 2%

Among self-identified conservatives (67% of the sample):

Romney 38%
Gingrich 15%
Palin 13%
Huckabee 11%
Paul 7%
Pawlenty 4%
Daniels 2%

Among self-identified moderates (31% of the sample):

Romeny 47%
Paul 10%
Palin 9%
Huckabee 8%
Pawlenty 6%
Gingrich 5%
Daniels 3%

Interesting . . .

freshjiva
09-17-2010, 09:46 PM
this Palin bitch is sucking away potential recruits....I only wish Ron had the balls to expose her as a fake....but he wont do negative ads....which is why I wont be donating next time around.....

You just earned yourself the Worst Post of the Day award.

brenden.b
09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
It's still early...I honestly believe that Mitt Romney is going to be easy to destroy. If Ron is going to run to win this time, he will go negative, or some thirdy party group will. Romney has two HUGE marks against him that will destroy his currently disturbing high credibility with the Tea Party: 1. He supported TARP 2. He is the father of Romneycare and the grandfather of Obamacare.

You wonder why so many Republican incumbents lost in primaries this year, despite the "favorable" Republican year? TARP. It has been toxic to incumbents in both parties and it will remain toxic for incumbents in both parties in two years, especially if the bailouts continue, and you can be sure that they will continue.

nate895
09-17-2010, 11:17 PM
It's still early...I honestly believe that Mitt Romney is going to be easy to destroy. If Ron is going to run to win this time, he will go negative, or some thirdy party group will. Romney has two HUGE marks against him that will destroy his currently disturbing high credibility with the Tea Party: 1. He supported TARP 2. He is the father of Romneycare and the grandfather of Obamacare.

You wonder why so many Republican incumbents lost in primaries this year, despite the "favorable" Republican year? TARP. It has been toxic to incumbents in both parties and it will remain toxic for incumbents in both parties in two years, especially if the bailouts continue, and you can be sure that they will continue.

Yeah, Ron Paul can win, and win big, if we can successfully bash the rest of the field. I'm sorry, but this entire GOP field is just ripe for a whipping from the Paul camp. What can you attack Paul on, after all? There is only so many times you can say "Ron Paul, hahaha, what a kook?" before the attack simply has no effect, and that, along with the racist garbage, is all they got.

The best way to go about that would be to have a third party group, say "Republicans for Small Government" go on an ad rampage in the early states, and came out with mounds of literature relating to it.

Vessol
09-17-2010, 11:32 PM
That seems surprisingly low actually..

tnvoter
09-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Wait until Rand Paul gets in Washington and starts making the waves, both Docs numbers are going to skyrocket.

libertybrewcity
09-18-2010, 12:13 AM
I am sure it is more than 8 percent. And just wait till he wins the Ames straw poll AND the Iowa caucuses. That number will be through the roof!

Oh yea, it will also be through the roof after he buys professional, quality advertisements for the state with millions upon millions of dollars we raise :D

crazyfacedjenkins
09-18-2010, 04:19 AM
We should run our own attack adds against Romney, the sooner the better. I would donate to a PAC who runs attack adds in NH nonstop from now until the primaries.

rich34
09-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I say those still aren't bad numbers. Hell he wasn't even hardly polling last time around. Also with numbers like those he won't have to do any kind of negative ads because I suspect the others will do it for him :D