PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Money Bomb

E. Nordstrom
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Hello,

A few days ago I noticed that a great idea was beginning to take some notice.

ronpaulmoneybomb@yahoo.com or rather the person behind the email address had posted hi/her idea on the craiglist site in maine.

So, last night I decided to help out. I purchased the domain name of www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com and this night I created a quick website to help in the recruiting.

The premise is: If we can find 20,000 or more people who will commit themselves to donating $25.00 per week, each week, all on a specific day, we could send a Money Bomb, of campaign funds to Dr. Paul.

The first scheduled money bombing will occur on Saturday, 20 October 2007.

Although this sub-campaign has only begun recently, the list already has 500+ committed money bombers and should have around 1000 by Saturday.

So, get the word out, recruit a money bomber today!

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

Thanks all, good luck, and Go Ron Paul!

Eric Nordstrom :)

P.S. Oh, any ideas for the website or if you have better website kung-fu than I do, let me know if you want to help out. Thanks again. eric@ericnordstrom1.com

RP4ME
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Bump !!! for $$$ for teh docta

V4Vendetta
10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Hello,

A few days ago I noticed that a great idea was beginning to take some notice.

ronpaulmoneybomb@yahoo.com or rather the person behind the email address had posted hi/her idea on the craiglist site in maine.

So, last night I decided to help out. I purchased the domain name of www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com and this night I created a quick website to help in the recruiting.

The premise is: If we can find 20,000 or more people who will commit themselves to donating $25.00 per week, each week, all on a specific day, we could send a Money Bomb, of campaign funds to Dr. Paul.

The first scheduled money bombing will occur on Saturday, 20 October 2007.

Although this sub-campaign has only begun recently, the list already has 500+ committed money bombers and should have around 1000 by Saturday.

So, get the word out, recruit a money bomber today!

Thanks all, good luck, and Go Ron Paul!

Eric Nordstrom :)

P.S. Oh, any ideas for the website or if you have better website kung-fu than I do, let me know if you want to help out. Thanks again. eric@ericnordstrom1.com

Thats ILLEGAL UNLESS YOU FORM A PAC (POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTE)

yongrel
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM

I don't think so (unless I'm missing something)

Johnnybags
10-17-2007, 06:27 PM
of November so that those that cannot afford 100.00 that day can do 25.00.

Lord Xar
10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't think we give HIM the money, we just sign up and he'll notify us to do it.. sorta like donation reminders and a commitment.

I htink you should possible put up a "click here" and have us give our word we will do it..

Ozwest
10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
This is a great idea for donations. Makes you feel like your making a real impact.

Lord Xar
10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
yikes... that site is not so great.. in terms of signing up... and such..

I love the idea, but we have to email you to sign up? why not do it all scriptwise.. that way everyting is logged and you can send out reminders and such........

E. Nordstrom
10-17-2007, 07:23 PM

No need for a PAC - is simply private citizens with a private website collecting a list of email addresses of people who are interested in receiving an email from the person who collected the list of email addresses in an attempt to simply foster a group of private citizens who wish to donate 25 dollars per week toward a campaign. The ultimate goal of course is to energize or excite as many people as possible (the goal being 40,000 people) to donate the weekly 25 dollars on the same day, making it 'more fun' to by watching Ron Pauls contributions jump by a million dollars every week.

Is perfectly legit - Is only another way to direct traffic to the ronpaul2008.com/donate site - but it provides a sense of anticipation of how high it will jump on that day.

As far as I know it is still legal to purchase a domain name and try to excite people into donating toward a good cause. We collect nothing except for an email address so we can send the order to moneybomb. Then we can watch the number shoot through the roof.

All is well. Keep in mind, that it is good to err on the side of caution, that is why the website is links only. We collect no information - the email address is sent to us by the request of the email 'owner'.

Ok, I'm done stomping on the post. Watch out for Obama, Clinton, Giuliani followers as they will surely try to unplug this one.

But they know they can't.

E. Nordstrom

Sign up and let's do this - I make about $1400 per week so money is tight - but I'm In and I can't wait to see the results.

:)

mannycp
10-17-2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.thisnovember5th.com/

RonPaulStreetTeam
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
hasnt this been done and in progress by a much more organized group of people????

with a list and everything??????

www.RonPaulSupport.com

p.s.
why split people, send them all to one place?
Talk to the other webmaster.

thanks!

RonPaulStreetTeam
10-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I make about $1400 per week so money is tight
:)

what? money is tight @ $200 a day?!?!!?!?

I am friggen poooor right now and still doing my thing

DjLoTi
10-17-2007, 07:35 PM
It's called 'bundling', and it's not illegal.

E. Nordstrom
10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
yikes... that site is not so great.. in terms of signing up... and such..

I love the idea, but we have to email you to sign up? why not do it all scriptwise.. that way everyting is logged and you can send out reminders and such........

Yah, the site I threw together in a rush - I'm just trying to help out the guy who started the whole thing.

I just took it to the next step by purchasing the domain name. I designed it specifically to not collect any information (or money) or use scripts - it should really just stay 'grassrootish' and basic in my opinion.

Anyone else think it needs to be a little more professional? and If it were to look professional do you think that it would lead to more (PAC) comments?

I would be very happy to post a different website or design (different picture, layout, etc) So, if you want to contribute or improve cool - eric@nordstrom1.com

All I know is the list is growing and if the rate continues tol climb, we'll have 40,000 within a month and a half, at that rate if only a percentage of the people who sent in emails were to actually follow through with it week by week - well, Dr. Paul could show between 20 and 40 million in one year. I'd like to see Fox New brush that one off.

All of it donated at http://www.ronpaul2008/donate and all of it by each individual privately, one-by-one, having nothing to do with an organization, group, committee just like minded citizens who were funneled through http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com .

boom!

Thanks,

E. Nordstrom

P.S. If you don't have the steel to sign up using email - you probably wouldn't send $25 buck a week off either.

Sorry for the low blow Lord Xar - but I couldn't resist :D You can smack me around next round. Hehe

E. Nordstrom
10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
what? money is tight @ $200 a day?!?!!?!?

I am friggen poooor right now and still doing my thing

Yah - How many kids do YOU have? Hehe

Oh - Snap, I goofed (did I say every week? I earn 1400-1500 every two weeks. Military Pay)

:confused:

FrankRep
10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm in

RCA
10-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Did everyone see Rupert Murdoch's name on RonPaulSupport.com!?

Paul4Prez
10-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Great idea. I would have gone with Jefferson instead of Lincoln, though.

Strom
10-19-2007, 02:14 AM
I added my name, and will be doing this in addition to the 5th of November donation.

By the way - I'm new to the forum - Hi everyone!