PDA

View Full Version : Obama better or worse than Bush?

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm leaning towards "better" since Bush Presidency never generated "restore honor" or "restore sanity" rallies. What do you think?

Bruno
09-17-2010, 05:31 PM
That's a pretty weak reason to lean towards better.

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 05:32 PM
That's very possible. Which way you lean, better or worse?

oyarde
09-17-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm leaning towards "better" since Bush Presidency never generated "restore honor" or "restore sanity" rallies. What do you think?

I probably look at it differently than most . Here is my take . Much worse . I base it on economics . If I look at that alone , he will easily be the second worse president ever before his four years are up . He will not catch Johnsons damage of medicare .

Pericles
09-17-2010, 05:34 PM
I probably look at it differently than most . Here is my take . Much worse . I base it on economics . If I look at that alone , he will easily be the second worse president ever before his four years are up . He will not catch Johnsons damage of medicare .

He is trying really hard.

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM

But Obama would not have been possible without Bush-Cheney, that would still make them worse right?

Or you do believe that Obama would have been elected without Bush's help?

Sola_Fide
09-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Obama has been one of the best Presidents in recent memory for the Liberty movement:)

Pericles
09-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Obama has been one of the best Presidents in recent memory for the Liberty movement:)

And don't forget - Firearm Salesman of the Year!

LibertyVox
09-17-2010, 05:40 PM
I will lean towards mere dime of a difference with the following caveat:

Bush years were arguably the worst years. The drastically evil, stupid and incompetent douchebags that comprised his government's top figures as well as the socio political bodies from whom he derived his core support represented the epitome of the decay in the histoy of this country. The decay was at an accelerated pace. It was in fact a deviation from the status quo (the usual down ward spiral trend).

Obama presidency is basically an attempt at the restoration of that earlier status quo. Of course the downward trend is still steeper then the pre Bush jr. years but not a nose dive like that of Dubya years.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 05:41 PM
But Obama would not have been possible without Bush-Cheney, that would still make them worse right?

Or you do believe that Obama would have been elected without Bush's help?

Obama or Hillary would have won this election regardless by about 51 or 52 % . And you would have gotten the same marxist work out of Pelosi and Reid that your getting now .

oyarde

And this may be what saves us .

Vessol
That's like comparing apples to apples.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
He is trying really hard.

True .

Ekrub
09-17-2010, 05:45 PM
That's like comparing apples to apples.

I would have to agree with this.

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 05:50 PM
that's like comparing apples to apples.

:)

qft

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 05:52 PM
He's much better than Bush but not good enough

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 05:55 PM
He's much better than Bush but not good enough

In some ares he is much better but in some important areas he is same as Bush, false advertizement however makes him not so good or "good enough" as you put it.

He's making some people to lose sleep due to wrong reasons, that part is good enough. But not in substance.

paulitics
09-17-2010, 05:57 PM

I don't think the RP movement would have happened if not for Bush.

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't think the RP movement would have happened if not for Bush.

OMG, you are playing the trump card.

That would make Bush-Cheney God's gift to America.

cindy25
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
better-because the Republicans in congress have backbone when they are in opposition. the Democrats do not.

LibertyVox
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
I will lean towards mere dime of a difference with the following caveat:

Bush years were arguably the worst years. The drastically evil, stupid and incompetent douchebags that comprised his government's top figures as well as the socio political bodies from whom he derived his core support represented the epitome of the decay in the histoy of this country. The decay was at an accelerated pace. It was in fact a deviation from the status quo (the usual down ward spiral trend).

Obama presidency is basically an attempt at the restoration of that earlier status quo. Of course the downward trend is still steeper then the pre Bush jr. years but not a nose dive like that of Dubya years.

Thread winner :p:p:p:p:p:p

oyarde
09-17-2010, 06:33 PM
In some ares he is much better but in some important areas he is same as Bush, false advertizement however makes him not so good or "good enough" as you put it.

He's making some people to lose sleep due to wrong reasons, that part is good enough. But not in substance.

By the Congressional Budjet Office numbers ( which are too conservative due to being based on growth that does not exist ) , before 2019 the debt will be so bad the dollar should collapse.Much of this debt has been added since the new pres took office .

Fozz
09-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Definitely better, but it's not very hard to be better than Bush.

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Definitely better, but it's not very hard to be better than Bush.

That again sounds true.

By the Congressional Budjet Office numbers ( which are too conservative due to being based on growth that does not exist ) , before 2019 the debt will be so bad the dollar should collapse.Much of this debt has been added since the new pres took office .

Look at the upside, we will still be spending money in Iraq and Afghanistan as Bush-Cheney and neocons envisioned. What would have Bush done differently?

Not much I'm afraid.

Imaginos
09-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Cow dung and horse dung, Which one smells better?

oyarde
09-17-2010, 07:10 PM
That again sounds true.

Look at the upside, we will still be spending money in Iraq and Afghanistan as Bush-Cheney and neocons envisioned. What would have Bush done differently?

Not much I'm afraid.

Not so , the trillions in the health bill and stimulus alone would never have happened without the marxists being in control of the house , senate and executive branch.Once you dump that on top of medicare etc. it is enough to get the debt to a ratio of 1.5 to 1.6 of gdp probably as soon as 2018. If you all think collapsing the economy is an improvement you will have to explain why , because I am not seeing that as an improvement.

LibertyVox
09-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Cow dung and horse dung, Which one smells better?

Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich.