PDA

View Full Version : Prop 19 Concern

dannno
09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
So everybody is all worried that the Tobacco Industrial Complex is going to come in and start growing vast amounts of cannabis and take over the market.

Whether that happens or not, a lot of cannabis is going to start being grown here and exported. How are they going to keep all that cannabis contained in CA :confused:

I have a feeling the Feds are going to be involved in this one.

dannno
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
I mean, obviously I'm still voting for it, but man.. I expect major crack downs at the "border"

specsaregood
09-17-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't see the major tobacco companies jumping in on the game. they have too much to lose at the federal level. They would be putting the assets of all their shareholders at risk.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I don't see the major tobacco companies jumping in on the game. they have too much to lose at the federal level. They would be putting the assets of all their shareholders at risk.

Agreed.

Management by committee is pussy management.

They'd never expose themselves to that kind of risk, especially now.

squarepusher
09-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I mean, obviously I'm still voting for it, but man.. I expect major crack downs at the "border"

i dont think it would be any worse now with the medical regulations. The federal laws would still be on the books, if you cross the border it would be intrastate-smuggling wtc, I don't think they will try to wall off california or anything close.

newyearsrevolution08
09-17-2010, 08:29 PM

yeah that is total suicide I mean

marijuana kills how many people a year? ZERO

tobacco which they currently market kill how many people a year again? Odds are more than ZERO lol.

which SHOULD be a liability again?