PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Gets Schooled About Obama T-Shirts

Matt Collins
09-17-2010, 02:50 PM
YouTube - Mike Church Graciously Explains to Glenn Beck the Meaning of "Chairman MaObama" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ-UiX6ZwOc)

This is the t-shirt in question:
http://www.mikechurch.com/zenshop/images/chairman_Maobama.jpg (http://www.mikechurch.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=152)

Promontorium
09-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Mike Church needs to clean the sand out of his vagina. Beck didn't say a God Damn thing about the shirt being bad.

His very clear point was dressing up like it's Halloween at every Tea Party rally looks unprofessional and makes people not want to take you seriously. I don't even see how that's in any way wrong.

In 2007 Ron Paul came to San Diego. I was living there at the time and I really wanted to meet him, or at least see him in person. All the Ron Paul supporters were demanding people show up in the finest clothes possible to help the image that was so tarnished during his campaign. I only had military uniforms (not allowed!) and causal attire, so I didn't go.

A lot of people on this website say Glenn Beck is crazy and agree with Jon Stewart's "sanity" rally. They don't seem to get, Stewart, and the rest of the skewed media view the Tea Party as racists and psychos, and see Fox News and Glenn Beck as their leaders. Stewart isn't simply calling Glenn Beck crazy, he's calling the entire philosophy from Glenn Beck to Ron Paul and everything in between insane. His rally is a direct attack at the questionable sanity of Tea Partiers. And I guarantee you the media has completely ignored the Tea Party's message. They are purely going by looks and signs and their official hatred of conservatism.

Meanwhile "crazy" Glenn Beck suggests if Tea Partiers want to be taken seriously they should dress like normal people. And of course someone here is against that too (where were you during Paul's campaign? I think if there's a 2012 run, everyone will be right back to suits and ties).

That's part of why I like this website. Somehow I haven't seen one subject that everyone agrees on.

silus
09-18-2010, 12:38 AM
I dislike Glenn Beck, but he's just talking strategy for winning. If you look like a joke or a side show act or someone overly concerned with specifically destroying your opponent, how is anyone going to take you or your political goals seriously?

nate895
09-18-2010, 12:47 AM
I happen to agree with Beck on this one. One of the things that will get your candidacy/movement/party a bad name is being seen as overly negative. The Tea Party can become that way if its campaign theme is seen as "Obama bad, and we hate him the mostest." You need to strike a balance of bashing your opponent and building your own image. An example of what not to do is the Conservative Party in the UK from the late 1990's to 2000's when they were see as the "Nasty Party" for basically having no platform other than "Labour bad."

silus
09-18-2010, 12:55 AM
I sometimes wonder if the tea party would exist if McCain was elected. I seriously doubt it, which leads me to believe the Ron Paul folks are the only serious minded people in this debate.

RforRevolution
09-18-2010, 06:23 AM
I sometimes wonder if the tea party would exist if McCain was elected. I seriously doubt it, which leads me to believe the Ron Paul folks are the only serious minded people in this debate.

You seriously wonder that? It wouldn't exist, period. Dissension would once again be un-patriotic to Hannity and Limbaugh. Ron Paul would once again be an anti-american islamofascist.

The said part is, a neo-con president in 2012 will likely kill any budding liberty movement that's evolved since Obama took office. The only hope I have is that I don't believe we'll have a republican preisdent again until they court the Ron Paul wing of the party.

FrankRep
09-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Mike Church Graciously Explains to Glenn Beck the Meaning of "Chairman MaObama"

Glenn Beck is right on this issue.

rprprs
09-18-2010, 07:02 AM
I detest Beck, and agree with Church's assessment of the Obama philosophy.

Nonetheless, I side with Beck on this issue.

(That being said, Glenn could take a page from his own book and stop with his own brand of silliness.) ;)

erowe1
09-18-2010, 07:43 AM
In 2007 Ron Paul came to San Diego. I was living there at the time and I really wanted to meet him, or at least see him in person. All the Ron Paul supporters were demanding people show up in the finest clothes possible to help the image that was so tarnished during his campaign. I only had military uniforms (not allowed!) and causal attire, so I didn't go.

What kind of event was that? Was it a dinner fund raiser or something?

And when you say "not allowed" do you mean not allowed by military rules or not allowed by the Ron Paul people?

MRoCkEd
09-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Mike Church is great but I agree with Glenn Beck on this.

Stary Hickory
09-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Mike Church is good to listen too but he really makes me upset with his defeatist attitude all the time. He does not believe in the political system at all, which is understandable to a point. The problem is the political system has REAL consequences, so in order to mitigate or stop them you must play the game.

Now that does not mean you don't support states rights, secession, and civil disobedience. I like these things more because they are very effective and show the people really get it. However I see fighting for liberty as a full frontal assault on statism and the political field is a battle field we cannot just simply relinquish like that.

Church for one, thinks the GOP won't repeal Obamacare, I think they will, and I think the SC will knock a big portion of it down. However I am not one of those that thinks the GOP will solve everything or anything, they will be better than they have in years due to all the pressure and turnover in their own party. They won't forget the thrashing they received so easily. But that means if you are still fighting the good fight on ALL fronts that states rights, secession, and civil disobedience can still be utilized while the political front is not causing as much damage.

Who knows maybe someone like Rand Paul can get in office and help us a little from up there.

Southron
09-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Mike Church is good to listen too but he really makes me upset with his defeatist attitude all the time. He does not believe in the political system at all, which is understandable to a point. The problem is the political system has REAL consequences, so in order to mitigate or stop them you must play the game.

Now that does not mean you don't support states rights, secession, and civil disobedience. I like these things more because they are very effective and show the people really get it. However I see fighting for liberty as a full frontal assault on statism and the political field is a battle field we cannot just simply relinquish like that.

Church for one, thinks the GOP won't repeal Obamacare, I think they will, and I think the SC will knock a big portion of it down. However I am not one of those that thinks the GOP will solve everything or anything, they will be better than they have in years due to all the pressure and turnover in their own party. They won't forget the thrashing they received so easily. But that means if you are still fighting the good fight on ALL fronts that states rights, secession, and civil disobedience can still be utilized while the political front is not causing as much damage.

Who knows maybe someone like Rand Paul can get in office and help us a little from up there.

I'll have to side with Mike on the pessimism for political results.

Like he has asked before, what have we accomplished in the past 100 years? Where have we shrunk the size of government?

Like he has asked before, what have we accomplished in the past 100 years? Where have we shrunk the size of government?

But after listening to that clip, I'm still going to agree with Mike. You all must not realize the importance of symbols in any movement.

Take the peace sign during the Antiwar movement, or even Obama's Hope and Change and Yes we Can slogans. Not to mention Ron Paul's distinctive "Revolution".

MRoCkEd
09-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Mike saw this thread. :p

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheKingDude?v=wall&story_fbid=161682950513409

Matt Collins
09-19-2010, 04:39 PM

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheKingDude?v=wall&story_fbid=161682950513409 (http://www.facebook.com/#%21/TheKingDude?v=wall&story_fbid=161682950513409)
Ya never know who is lurking here :D

speciallyblend
09-19-2010, 07:49 PM

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheKingDude?v=wall&story_fbid=161682950513409

just joined his facebook

BlackTerrel
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I agree with the majority view on here. You look like a crown you'll be treated like a clown. Such is life.

speciallyblend
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
I agree with the majority view on here. You look like a crown you'll be treated like a clown. Such is life.

I guess the gop is going to hell when Pony Tail Republicans Win Seats;)

Matt Collins
09-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Two losers, completely full of shit. Kind of humorous how this Mike Church ****** is jealous of Glenn!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! My high school chum who literally takes it up the pooper is less gay than these two fuck ups.
I'm guessing you're either drunk or a troll.

Either way Mike Church is one of the (few) good guys on our side in talk radio. If you ever took the time to listen to his radio show (you should) you would discover this.

newyearsrevolution08
09-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Two losers, completely full of shit. Kind of humorous how this Mike Church ****** is jealous of Glenn!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! My high school chum who literally takes it up the pooper is less gay than these two fuck ups.

you should be a speech writer for a possible candidate.