PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Chairman Mao takes the title for "Greatest State Murderer"

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
By all means, sell off all our remaining industry to the heirs of his regime.

Great idea, why didn't I think of it? :rolleyes:

FFS...

Mao: Greatest Mass Murderer
Chinese leader killed 45M from 1958 to 1962: Historian

By Nick McMaster, Newser Staff

Posted Sep 17, 2010 11:27 AM CDT

Mao Zedong is the greatest mass murderer in history, having coordinated the death of 45 million Chinese peasants from 1958 to 1962, the Independent reports. Historian Frank Dikötter is the first to examine a block of Communist Party archives made available four year ago, and found—despite official whitewashing—that the acts of violence of the Communist authorities during the Great Leap Forward were carefully recorded. "It ranks alongside the gulags and the Holocaust as one of the three greatest events of the 20th century," he says.

The Great Leap was a push to catch up to the economies of the West, but streamlining China's agriculture also involved liquidating a large portion of the rural peasantry, Dikötter found. Archives show a brutal working environment in which all but the strong were banned from the state canteen, effectively starving them out. Minor crimes, even committed by children, could be punishable by death, possibly by being tied up and thrown into a pond.

http://www.newser.com/story/100776/mao-greatest-mass-murderer.html

YumYum
09-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Everytime I see "Made in China", I ask myself: "What would Americans say if the product read "Made in Nazi Germany"?

oyarde
09-17-2010, 02:38 PM
There are alot of big Mao fans currently working in the Whitehouse .

Bruno
09-17-2010, 02:40 PM
There are alot of big Mao fans currently working in the Whitehouse .

YouTube - Obama's Czar Ron Bloom Agrees With Mao - address at Investor Conf part3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCvQ8BSUv-g)

YouTube - Obama Cabinet Member Anita Dunn: Mao Tse Tung "Favorite Philosopher"; Truth is subjective (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi1zg2NOCn8)

Sola_Fide
09-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Ahhhh....

Got to love those wonderful atheistic values.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Everytime I see "Made in China", I ask myself: "What would Americans say if the product read "Made in Nazi Germany"?

Win. ^^^

And being part of that continuing process.

Mao liquidates 45 million, Nixon goes and gives him the thumbs up and at the same time pulls the last of the rug out from under the dollar, the process of de-industrialization and hollowing out begins, and here we are 40 years later, a shell of our former nation: broke, dependent and on the verge of financial collapse.

Maybe now people will understand why I call it Wal Marx.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 03:22 PM
//

osan
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Maybe now people will understand why I call it Wal Marx.

I respect your views on many issues, but here I must say you have gone a bit off the rails. WalMart is nothing other than that which WE made it. The currently sorry state of affairs in which we find ourselves has come to pass thanks to us. We sat idly by, in the main, as all manner of "progressive" nonsense was foisted upon us. Our collective ignorance and lassitude - our self-absorption wherein getting laid, getting high, getting to the next level of some ultra-lame net.game, getting bunched up in the udies as we consternated over what color the new Beamer should be... those were the sorts of things we occupied ourselves with rather than the piecemeal dismantling of the nation.

Sam Walton focused on building a business and he did a bang up job of it. Don't blame him - look to the mirror when blame-time comes. We all should do that.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 03:53 PM
YouTube - Obama's Czar Ron Bloom Agrees With Mao - address at Investor Conf part3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCvQ8BSUv-g)

YouTube - Obama Cabinet Member Anita Dunn: Mao Tse Tung "Favorite Philosopher"; Truth is subjective (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi1zg2NOCn8)

Yeah , that Ron Bloom scumbag . I will buy him a one way ticket to China .

phill4paul
09-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I respect your views on many issues, but here I must say you have gone a bit off the rails. WalMart is nothing other than that which WE made it. The currently sorry state of affairs in which we find ourselves has come to pass thanks to us. We sat idly by, in the main, as all manner of "progressive" nonsense was foisted upon us. Our collective ignorance and lassitude - our self-absorption wherein getting laid, getting high, getting to the next level of some ultra-lame net.game, getting bunched up in the udies as we consternated over what color the new Beamer should be... those were the sorts of things we occupied ourselves with rather than the piecemeal dismantling of the nation.

Sam Walton focused on building a business and he did a bang up job of it. Don't blame him - look to the mirror when blame-time comes. We all should do that.

I agree with the first paragraph.

With the second I would think that you didn't get AFs point. It is not only us but also the Sam Walton's.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:02 PM

What do people like this do at Christmas ? decorate a tree with Mao , Lenin and put Pol Pot on top ?

torchbearer
09-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I thought Pol Pot had the biggest body count.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:29 PM

I honestly do not know that any of the three ( Mao , Lennin, Pol Pot) could counted accurately . I have seen estimates that I consider reasonable during Mao's time of over 70 million.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Once you just start frigging killing everyone in entire geographical areas it is difficult to count . Do you count the population that was there prior ? Then the estimate may be a little high because some probably fled .

Stary Hickory
09-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah but they were peasants, so like they count what 1/10th a human so we have to divide the number by 10.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah but they were peasants, so like they count what 1/10th a human so we have to divide the number by 10.

All of Ukraine probably .

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 04:44 PM

And I, yours, thanks.

My grievance is not so much with Sam Walton (who made "made in America" a selling point) but the current management of Wal Marx who have built an entire business model on the bones of those 45 million dead, and have demanded that suppliers outsource and manufacture overseas and in China, even when those US makers were able to meet the wholesale bids with US production. (see: Rubbermaid Corp.)

Like YumYum noted, it's like buying goods from Dachau.

Our collective ignorance and lassitude - our self-absorption wherein getting laid, getting high, getting to the next level of some ultra-lame net.game, getting bunched up in the udies as we consternated over what color the new Beamer should be... those were the sorts of things we occupied ourselves with rather than the piecemeal dismantling of the nation

Could not agree more, but I extend that to purchasing choices as well.

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 04:47 PM

I think the Khmer Rouge had the largest as a percentage of the overall population.

In gross numbers, Mao is the "winner".

oyarde
09-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I think the Khmer Rouge had the largest as a percentage of the overall population.

In gross numbers, Mao is the "winner".

Without checking , that sounds correct .

jkr
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM

quote of the century!

BW2112
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Ahhhh....

Got to love those wonderful atheistic values.

Yeah, because all atheists are just as bad as Mao :rolleyes:

It couldn't possibly be that he replaced god with the state and worshipped it. It had to be because he didn't go to church :rolleyes:

Fucking collectivist douche!

shenlu54
09-17-2010, 07:06 PM
There are many Mao fans today in mainland......

shenlu54
09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Personally , I don't think his intent is evil , he just believed "the end justity the means",like many other collectivists.He believed the individual was not important,what mattered was China,the collective idea.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 07:14 PM

I know , and I find it disturbing , but that is there , so I can see it . I cannot see why we have Mao fans in the US working in the whitehouse . I need a a Tsing Tao .

oyarde
09-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Personally , I don't think his intent is evil , he just believed "the end justity the means",like many other collectivists.He believed the individual was not important,what mattered was China,the collective idea.

You are correct . I hate the whole collective thing .

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 08:25 PM

Some, like myself, would consider that attitude a prima facie conviction of evil, or at least evil intent.

Others would say that is nothing more than a manifestation of Eastern culture and philosophy.

Thanks for the input from "the mainland".

What is, in your observation, the people's opinion of Mao, other than being "fans"?

Southron
09-17-2010, 08:57 PM

Perhaps it is naïve of us to believe that a leopard can change its spots...

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 09:48 PM
///

jclay2
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Yeah, probably a cute puppy dog...If you go and slaughter millions without so much as a wince, you are evil in one of its most pure forms.

Anti Federalist
09-18-2010, 01:15 PM
///

lucius
09-18-2010, 06:02 PM
100 million: not too shabby...

You have to crack a few eggs to unify china, but he did and look what he has created...30 million ramin army...just watch.

By all means, sell off all our remaining industry to the heirs of his regime.

Great idea, why didn't I think of it? :rolleyes:

FFS...

Mao: Greatest Mass Murderer
Chinese leader killed 45M from 1958 to 1962: Historian

By Nick McMaster, Newser Staff

Posted Sep 17, 2010 11:27 AM CDT

Mao Zedong is the greatest mass murderer in history, having coordinated the death of 45 million Chinese peasants from 1958 to 1962, the Independent reports. Historian Frank Dikötter is the first to examine a block of Communist Party archives made available four year ago, and found—despite official whitewashing—that the acts of violence of the Communist authorities during the Great Leap Forward were carefully recorded. "It ranks alongside the gulags and the Holocaust as one of the three greatest events of the 20th century," he says.

The Great Leap was a push to catch up to the economies of the West, but streamlining China's agriculture also involved liquidating a large portion of the rural peasantry, Dikötter found. Archives show a brutal working environment in which all but the strong were banned from the state canteen, effectively starving them out. Minor crimes, even committed by children, could be punishable by death, possibly by being tied up and thrown into a pond.

http://www.newser.com/story/100776/mao-greatest-mass-murderer.html

shenlu54
09-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Some, like myself, would consider that attitude a prima facie conviction of evil, or at least evil intent.

Different persons have different moral standards, I think collectivists and individualists have different moral standards on this issue.The evil in your eyes is the good in their eyes.They believe they are for the salvation of all mankind.For me,as a individualist,just don't agree with them,and will fight against them.

I would rather say this is more a battle of ideas which has been lasting for thousands of years,than the battle of people.

And you can not simply say this is a eastern or western culture's issue,there are many individualism ideas in eastern culture too,but anyhow, once upon a time in history, the collectivism prevailed and leaded to many many sad stories.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Different persons have different moral standards, I think collectivists and individualists have different moral standards on this issue.The evil in your eyes is the good in their eyes.They believe they are for the salvation of all mankind.For me,as a individualist,just don't agree with them,and will fight against them.

I would rather say this is more a battle of ideas which has been lasting for thousands of years,than the battle of people.

And you can not simply say this is a eastern or western culture's issue,there are many individualism ideas in eastern culture too,but anyhow, once upon a time in history, the collectivism prevailed and leaded to many many sad stories.

Too bad we don't have a couple hundred thousand folks like that here.

http://i.treehugger.com/images/2007/5/24/tiananmen-square-hero.jpg