PDA

View Full Version : Five Questions for Tea Party Voters

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Five Questions for Tea Party Voters

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/65697.html

We keep hearing how voters are fed up, and how the Tea Party movement is shaking the political establishment to its core. I guess unseating 40 or so members of Congress– less than 10% of the House and Senate- represents a radical change in the national temperament. Never mind that our new politicians will quickly will be co-opted by the same establishment they claim to run against– see Scott Brown for only one recent example.

I have a few simple questions for these angry voters and their favored candidates:

1) Have you consistently refused to vote for Republicans and Democrats, either by not voting or voting third party?

2) Do you advocate abolishing or drastically reducing Social Security?

3) Do you advocate abolishing or drastically reducing Medicare?

4) Do you advocate the immediate removal of U.S. military forces from foreign nations, and drastically reducing the DOD budget?

5) Do you advocate abolishing the Federal Reserve system and repealing laws that prohibit currency competition?

If not, you have NO business complaining about the “state of the union.” Social Security, Medicare, and DOD are the three primary causes of our national bankruptcy. The Federal Reserve is the enabler that makes deficit spending possible, creates the booms and busts, and punishes savers. Unless you oppose welfare, warfare, and fiat currency, you cannot credibly complain about the economy, federal spending and debt, or “big government.”

goopc
09-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Didn't you attend the Restoring Honor rally? The military is the only honorable part of the government and we should never question the actions of our soldiers or the DOD. They are willing to do things that you couldn't even imagine, so America can remain a free country!

/sarcasm

Icymudpuppy
+1776

Sola_Fide
Good article.

phill4paul
09-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Good article.

I agree. Many are at least testing the waters. It's gonna take a while to undo a lifetime of PE/media brainwashing of the majority.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 02:52 PM

We keep hearing how voters are fed up, and how the Tea Party movement is shaking the political establishment to its core. I guess unseating 40 or so members of Congress– less than 10% of the House and Senate- represents a radical change in the national temperament. Never mind that our new politicians will quickly will be co-opted by the same establishment they claim to run against– see Scott Brown for only one recent example.

I have a few simple questions for these angry voters and their favored candidates:

1) Have you consistently refused to vote for Republicans and Democrats, either by not voting or voting third party?

4) Do you advocate the immediate removal of U.S. military forces from foreign nations, and drastically reducing the DOD budget?

5) Do you advocate abolishing the Federal Reserve system and repealing laws that prohibit currency competition?

If not, you have NO business complaining about the “state of the union.” Social Security, Medicare, and DOD are the three primary causes of our national bankruptcy. The Federal Reserve is the enabler that makes deficit spending possible, creates the booms and busts, and punishes savers. Unless you oppose welfare, warfare, and fiat currency, you cannot credibly complain about the economy, federal spending and debt, or “big government.”

Hey if you could just get me #2) & #3) I can talk everyone into #5)

osan
09-17-2010, 03:56 PM
We keep hearing how voters are fed up, and how the Tea Party movement is shaking the political establishment to its core.

Which I have been viewing skeptically since it began...

I guess unseating 40 or so members of Congress– less than 10% of the House and Senate- represents a radical change in the national temperament.

In a nation that is as rife with ignorance and apathy as this one is, I would be inclined to consider that this might indeed be just that. Were I to consider this in the context of a nation of intelligent, well clued-in, and active citizens, I would hold a very different view.

My prediction, and please let me eat crow on this, is that nothing substantive will change and "they" will keep right on going until either some subset starts the shooting or the nation simply lays down and disintegrates completely into whatever form of *cracy it may.

Never mind that our new politicians will quickly will be co-opted by the same establishment they claim to run against– see Scott Brown for only one recent example.

It is precisely these sorts of examples that leave me with precious little reason to think anything will improve - anything of importance, anyway.

For me, yes to all. I would include dissolution of the IRS, the elimination of ALL social programs, the universal dismantling of the public school system (a top priority), investigation/trial/execution of administration officials for treason and other crimes, removal of all federal regulation of business, the implementation of strict adherence requirements of business to criminal and equity law, and a whole load of other chances. And I would make it a top 3 national priority to hunt down every international banker with even the thinnest tie to the Fed or any other aspect of the federal government and assassinate him no matter to what nation they might attempt to flee. They would die savagely such that the hardest men on the planet would cringe to view the videos that I would broadcast worldwide as a message to the people of the planet: "Don't Tread On Me". Make me king for 24 months and I would alter the scheme of the world such that the rest of the planet would quake in their boots at the thought of so much as appearing to be violating our national sovereignty. There is much we need to do if we are serious about living freely. I don't think enough of us are, and we are therefore fucked. Let time prove me wrong. I welcome it.

romacox
09-17-2010, 04:48 PM

1. Some do and some don't. The Tea Party does not have one head, and is made up of conservatives, libertarians, independents, and liberals who agree to disagree . Many are humble enough to know they are not all knowing, and are willing to learn. Most trusted the political leaders, and only recently learned that they were not to be trusted.

2. Some do and some don't. I personally agree with Ron Paul. It is a from of welfare, and needs to be phased out, but in a way that does not do undue harm to those who are now dependent on it.

3. Some do, and some don't. I personally feel it is welfare, and needs to be phased out along with all forms of welfare.

4. Some do and some don't. You see, many in the older generation remember the opposition to the Vietnam war, and the cruelty imposed upon those vets. No one wants to make that mistake again. As a result, they tend to go to the other extreme not realizing the cruelty therein. That being said: We are told that the war is being fought to protect us, yet they leave our borders wide open. Obviously that is not the motive of the administrations (past and present), and we can not afford to Nation Build the whole world. The war is a form of Corporate welfare to companies like Black Water.

5. Most do want to audit the Fed, but only a few of us want to abolish it.

I think the opposition would like us to fight amongst ourselves, to take focus of what needs to be done.... Most of us realize that in order to be united we must at times, agree to disagree because united we stand, and divided we fall. Once we get things headed in the right direction, there will be time enough to argue over the fine details..

Pauls' Revere
09-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Mission Statement of JoinTheTeaParty.us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mission of JoinTheTeaParty.us is simple; Return the United States to the States and the people to which the US Constitution was written to do. The US Constitution was written by our founders to limit the powers of the Federal Government and instead give the power to the people and the States. As a committed group of ordinary Americans, we will achieve this by promoting candidates who commit to the original founding principles of the US Constitution of limited Federal Government, States rights, balanced budgets, no deficits and a strong military. We will also expose the candidates that do not adhere to these basic US Constitutional principles. We will deliver the "New Contract From America" to the steps of the US Capitol for each Senator and Congressman/woman to commit to and sign beginning on 9/12/10 and every year thereafter. For those who refuse to sign the new Contract From America, we will expose those candidates or current politicians who will not commit to these basic principles of Freedom and Liberty and instead believe it is Government who "knows best". We believe most of Americans do not want out of control spending in Washington, bailouts, government controls of private businesses, socializing of Americans health care and Government run services and treating the war on terror as a police matter for judges, attorneys and American Miranda rights rather than a real war. The belief was confirmed in January 2010 with the unbelievable events that took place in Massachusetts, when a state that typically supported candidates who favor large government and government run programs, instead voted in a candidate that represented the limited government principles mentioned above. Our mission is to help continue this same support of original Constitution principles the voters in Massachusetts showed to all the cities and states across this country prior to every election to hold all politicians accountable so the people can fix the problem and ensure it does not happen again. This movement is non profit and non partisan as well. Our mission is based on US Constitution original principles and not political party. We will support candidates from any party that commit to these principles and expose those who do not and let the people decide on election day. We ask every American who believes in these same principles to join this historic movement and donate. With a minimum $75 donation, you will receive a free "JoinTheTeaParty.us" t-shirt with "We The People Will Save Liberty 2010 & 2012 Join Us" across the back, so everyone can bring more and more Americans to this movement. We ask everyone to wear the t-shirt as much as possible and over your every day suit, dress or whatever you wear. We also ask all media commentators from all parties to wear this t-shirt on your shows when you are able. This exposure will help the movement much faster. In a nutshell, we need everyone's help by joining, donating, and passing the movement on to your family, friends and neighbors and wearing the "We The People" shirts. If we all grow together and do this, we WILL save the Freedom and Liberty that is so important to our founding principles. Thank you for your support and God bless America!

All was good until I got to the part about the New Contract From America. We already have a contract with our government called The U.S. Constitution.

This reeks of of the contract with America back when Gingrich was involved in 94<? or so...oh wait thier at it again. This is the same gameplan from the playbook back then. I'm sorely disappointed with the GOP.