PDA

View Full Version : Stewart, Colbert announce Washington rallies

Matt Collins
09-17-2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/17/stewart.colbert.rallies/index.html?hpt=C1

Stary Hickory
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Won't be attending, it is intended to make fun of people engaging in the political process.

You know...nothing to see here folks...everything is ok...go back to your mindless lives and let us control you.

Steward and Colbert seem like big statist tools .

RileyE104
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Won't be attending, it is intended to make fun of people engaging in the political process.

I doubt this is about making fun of people who are engaging in the political process.
It's probably more about making fun of Glenn Beck and the idiots who put him on a pedestal.
Another one of Stewart's parodies of him, like the chalk board thing.

Might I add, how can anyone NOT make fun of what a joke Beck is?
This should have been expected.

AlexMerced
09-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I doubt this is about making fun of people who are engaging in the political process.
It's probably more about making fun of Glenn Beck and the idiots who put him on a pedestal.
Another one of Stewart's parodies of him, like the chalk board thing.

Might I add, how can anyone NOT make fun of what a joke Beck is?
This should have been expected.

I agree, I think it's more targeted towards their disdain for beck than anything else.

Although I've watched Beck the last couple of days, and while he is a little over the top but the pie thing and the actually discussing the recession in 1921, not to mention an entire episode dedicated to road to serfdom are big points in his favor.

I'm not a Beck fan, but he is serving as a gateway drug for bigger better things by Havings guests from GMU and Mises on his show, and promoting good books.

RileyE104
09-17-2010, 03:13 PM
I agree, I think it's more targeted towards their disdain for beck than anything else.

Although I've watched Beck the last couple of days, and while he is a little over the top but the pie thing and the actually discussing the recession in 1921, not to mention an entire episode dedicated to road to serfdom are big points in his favor.

I'm not a Beck fan, but he is serving as a gateway drug for bigger better things by Havings guests from GMU and Mises on his show, and promoting good books.

Sure, he helps "educate" some people and introduces them to certain aspects of the Liberty movement but that doesn't mean he needs to act like a fucking fool and an embarrassment.

That's why having Beck "represent" the Tea Party like so many idiots are now falling into the trap of doing is such a FAIL and can only hurt our movement.

osan
09-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Steward and Colbert seem like big statist tools .

Two monumental assholes, though last night on CNN (I watched at the airport) they were showing Larry King with Bill Maher - what an incalculably profound douchebag Maher is! He was referring to Tea Partiers as "teabaggers", stating they were racists, and all manner of outright lies issued from his filth-laden pie-hole. I never much cared for him, but after what I say last night I have to say that I am surprised nobody has beaten his ass yet. To equate him with "shit" would gravely insult the feces of the world.

Liberty Star
09-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Couple of comedians can restore ablout as much "sanity" as couple of neocons can restore "honor".

Fighting a joke with a joke seems to be the game plan here.