PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Central Lefties to Host Counter Rally in D.C.

AuH20
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Restore sanity? Their beloved federal government has utilized insane tactics for decades, to our detriment. Stewart and Colbert make me laugh at their ridiculousness.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/9/16/902619/-Its-Official-Jon-StewartColbert-will-host-a-rally-on-October-30th-in-DC

sailingaway
09-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, but that is like Obama using a concert to build notable crowds. People will be there for the entertainment. Heck, I'd go if it were a more convenient location....

MRoCkEd
09-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Could be funny. Maybe I'll go.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Stewart is holding the "restore sanity" rally like the liberal weenie he is.

Colbert, being a good Republican, is staging a counter protest "Keep fear alive!"

Should be interesting. I just hope the clashes don't get too violent :)

Austin
09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
The idea for this rally was thought up by the reddit community. Rather than starting another pointless online petition, the reddit community banded together and did something positive. The community donated over $245,000 to DonorsChoose.org, a charity aimed at helping needy students.

Perspective is important here. This rally is less political than you think. It's a satirical rally with origins in an incredibly generous philanthropic effort.

Mini-Me
09-17-2010, 10:24 AM
After this, we can hold a "Restoring the Constitution" rally, followed by a "Restoring Old Home Movies" rally. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how this rally turns out though, especially in light of what Krippy said.

teacherone
09-17-2010, 10:26 AM
http://www.keepfearalive.com/

America, the Greatest Country God ever gave Man, was built on three bedrock principles: Freedom. Liberty. And Fear -- that someone might take our Freedom and Liberty. But now, there are dark, optimistic forces trying to take away our Fear -- forces with salt and pepper hair and way more Emmys than they need. They want to replace our Fear with reason. But never forget -- "Reason" is just one letter away from "Treason." Coincidence? Reasonable people would say it is, but America can't afford to take that chance.

So join The Rev. Sir Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, D.F.A. on October 30th for the "March to Keep Fear Alive"™ in Washington DC. Pack an overnight bag with five extra sets of underwear -- you're going to need them. Because, to Restore Truthiness we must always... Shh!!! What's that sound?! I think there's someone behind you! Run!

http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Who among us has not wanted to open their window and shout that at the top of their lungs?

Seriously, who?

Because we're looking for those people. We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles.

Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point.

Think of our event as Woodstock, but with the nudity and drugs replaced by respectful disagreement; the Million Man March, only a lot smaller, and a bit less of a sausage fest; or the Gathering of the Juggalos, but instead of throwing our feces at Tila Tequila, we'll be actively *not* throwing our feces at Tila Tequila. Join us in the shadow of the Washington Monument. And bring your indoor voice. Or don't. If you'd rather stay home, go to work, or drive your kids to soccer practice... Actually, please come anyway. Ask the sitter if she can stay a few extra hours, just this once. We'll make it worth your while.