PDA

View Full Version : Christine O'Donnell criticized by former aides

libertyfan101
09-17-2010, 09:08 AM
At one point in 2008, the candidate traveled to California for a luncheon fundraiser organized by a friend in Los Angeles. Keegan said in addition to spending $3,000 on a trip for herself and two aides, the event itself failed to yield more than a few hundred dollars in contributions.

And a few days before the event, according to Keegan, half of the 500 invites came back to the campaign's PO Box address, requesting postage due.

Keegan, whose job was to oversee the campaign budget, said he repeatedly clashed with O'Donnell over expenses.

He said O'Donnell's phone service got cut off because she had failed to keep up with her payments, forcing her to trek to relatives’ homes to make campaign calls.

"It was always a misunderstanding," he said, describing her explanation when he would confront her about the recurring problems.

When O'Donnell wanted to place an order for hundreds of campaign T-shirts, Keegan said, she asked him to put the charge on his personal credit card.

"I said, ‘No, how are we going to pay for them? Her famous quote was always, 'have them invoice it.' I said, ‘We can't do that. In 20 days, we're going to have to pay for it.’ And it's not like we had all this money coming in," he explained. "Whenever Christine wanted money for something, she wanted everyone to stop paying somebody else."

That included halting payment of checks to staffers, which eventually led to several of them leaving, including Murray and Keegan before summer's end.
But before Keegan finished his projects in August 2008, he made sure he called all the vendors the campaign was using.

"I said, ‘Don't take any orders from her unless you get cash upfront,’" he warned.

Her campaign staffers weren’t the only ones who had issues with O'Donnell. Bill Lee, the 2008 GOP gubernatorial nominee who shared the ticket with her in November, said he attended many of the same political events as she did but decided to seek distance from her campaign.

"She would get off message and just be bizarre, so it reached the stage where I stopped making appearances with her. It was embarrassing,” Lee said. “More than that, I was asking for money from the same people and we went as a team and I really didn't want to be on her team after a couple of those things."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42321_Page2.html#ixzz0znaWqJID

She's a real piece of work.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 09:15 AM
And a few days before the event, according to Keegan, half of the 500 invites came back to the campaign's PO Box address, requesting postage due.

Keegan, whose job was to oversee the campaign budget, said he repeatedly clashed with O'Donnell over expenses.

He said O'Donnell's phone service got cut off because she had failed to keep up with her payments, forcing her to trek to relatives’ homes to make campaign calls.

"It was always a misunderstanding," he said, describing her explanation when he would confront her about the recurring problems.

When O'Donnell wanted to place an order for hundreds of campaign T-shirts, Keegan said, she asked him to put the charge on his personal credit card.

"I said, ‘No, how are we going to pay for them? Her famous quote was always, 'have them invoice it.' I said, ‘We can't do that. In 20 days, we're going to have to pay for it.’ And it's not like we had all this money coming in," he explained. "Whenever Christine wanted money for something, she wanted everyone to stop paying somebody else."

That included halting payment of checks to staffers, which eventually led to several of them leaving, including Murray and Keegan before summer's end.

She probably thought that if she prayed really hard, God would provide? lol

OKay, I get it, she's got an "R" next to her name, and she's not an "insider"- but other than that, why would anyone support this woman?

We have enough incompetent and irresponsible idiots in Washington, we don't need to send the supreme incompetent and irresponsible idiot there to add to the problem.

I just hope there's a Libertarian in the race so voters won't have to support a crack pot like O'Donnell or her Dem. opponent.

Southron
09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I feel sorry for woman in the Republican party.

The inevitable Palin-esque smearing is already starting.

sailingaway
09-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Remember all the terrible things they wrote about Ron? And Rand? This would trouble me if true, because we specifically are looking for a fiscal conservative ('weird tangents' are irrelevant, though.)

I'm not believing it is true yet, though. They REALLY didn't want her to win, and had motive to smear her. Disgruntled staffers... does whatshisfacedondero ring a bell with anyone?

I'm not 'for' her, but I'm not going to tear her down, either. I don't really know her.

libertyfan101
09-17-2010, 09:28 AM

This is coming from her own staffers and aides.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2010, 09:29 AM
First of all, Bill Lee endorsed Mike Castle...so why does his opinion matter any more than any other of her opponents?

Secondly, even if I did take everything the staffer saud at face value, then he said he quit "before summer"...that is when ODonnell's campaign was still double digits down and struggling to even exist. So I can understand financial troubles.

libertyfan101
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Remember all the terrible things they wrote about Ron? And Rand? This would trouble me if true, because we specifically are looking for a fiscal conservative ('weird tangents' are irrelevant, though.)

I'm not believing it is true yet, though. They REALLY didn't want her to win, and had motive to smear her. Disgruntled staffers... does whatshisfacedondero ring a bell with anyone?

I'm not 'for' her, but I'm not going to tear her down, either. I don't really know her.

She did end her campaign with a ton of debt. So this would explain a lot of it.

klamath
09-17-2010, 09:31 AM
This is coming from her own staffers and aides.
Ok, now tell us about the bearded marxist, you work for his campaign?l You don't have much history around here.

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 09:35 AM

where? I don't see any smearing in this article.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Ok, now tell us about the bearded marxist, you work for his campaign?l You don't have much history around here.

Yeah.

"libertyfan" with 15 posts. Sounds like Tyler Collins "Im a Rand Fan".

libertyfan101
09-17-2010, 09:38 AM

You caught me. I'm a marxist.....

I think it's important to not just blindly support anyone that has an R behind there name. Or part of the tea party. Someone who believes we should legislate morality and launch an anti-masturbation campaign. Someone who calls Iran the devil and support attacking that country. Someone who is a neo-con that supports undeclared never ending wars. And more important someone that only plays lip service to fiscal responsibility. While having a horrible fiscal and financial record themselves.

Unfortunately the choice between a marxist and a fake is a horrible choice. I would vote for an indie or libertarian in this state.

libertyfan101
09-17-2010, 09:47 AM
The general opinion in much of the main stream media is that O'Donnell's legislative outlook is somehow scripted by her social and religious views. In a C-SPAN appearance the Huffington Post unearthed from December 1996, the Delaware Republican said it was a "misconception that you, quote unquote, can't legislate morality.

"The reality of that statement is that if you don't legislate one morality then you are legislating somebody else's morality," she said. "So you can't get around legislating morality."

O'Donnell also condemned lawmakers for fostering a pop culture that encouraged sexual harassment.

"We sit there and scratch our heads and wonder why sexual harassment is out of control in this country. It is because we are setting a precedent through our pop culture, through the songs that penetrate the airwaves and the sitcoms that are on television that are just saturated with sexual themes, that respect no boundaries," she said. "We need to just do a U-Haul of our pop culture. I think legislators, Hollywood film producers all need to reevaluate why they are doing what they are doing... We end up feeding a demon, feeding a monster and we are feeding this appetite so much that our generation is going to self-destruct quite honestly."

http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=38296

sailingaway
09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
She did end her campaign with a ton of debt. So this would explain a lot of it.

Debt and paying your brainchildren before your staff who depend on you are two different levels of irresponsibility, although debt is not good. The second is more along the lines of immorality.

libertyfan101
09-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Debt and paying your brainchildren before your staff who depend on you are two different levels of irresponsibility, although debt is not good. The second is more along the lines of immorality.

I agree. Not paying the people that work for you is a horrible thing to do. And really exposes the character of a person.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 10:01 AM

Do you really think it's because they are "women?"

You don't think a male candidate, Republican or Democrat, would get raked over the coals if he'd done/said as many stupid things as O'Donnell has done?

You don't think that kind of stuff would have been used against Romney or Ron Paul or Obama or Huckabee or whatever if it was out there and that easy to find?

The woman is a train wreck (far worse than even Palin)- that's what makes it so easy- and most of the stupid things she's said/done have been in media appearances- it's kind of hard to hide.

Jordan
09-17-2010, 10:11 AM

Dude, get off his back.

He posted an article about a candidate who pretends to be all Tea Party fiscally responsible and she can't even manage a tiny campaign budget.

The woman hired paid campaign staff then stopped paying them. Hell, apparently she couldn't even make good on the phone bill.

This chick is a nut, why you're defending her is a more relevant question than why LibertyFan posted this article.

libertyfan101
09-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Dude, get off his back.

He posted an article about a candidate who pretends to be all Tea Party fiscally responsible and she can't even manage a tiny campaign budget.

The woman hired paid campaign staff then stopped paying them. Hell, apparently she couldn't even make good on the phone bill.

This chick is a nut, why you're defending her is a more relevant question than why LibertyFan posted this article.

+1

erowe1
09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Dude, get off his back.

I don't want to defend her, only because I don't know enough about her, and I don't doubt that she could end up to be a disappointment for those that do.

But none of this stuff about personal finances, campaign finances, or eccentric ideas matters. Any policy position is a hundred times more important than all that stuff put together.

I don't think you'll find that people here just want to support her (if they do at all) because of the R after her name.

specsaregood
09-17-2010, 11:00 AM

But there is documentation of these claims? Other than that of a disgruntled ex-employee?

I don't know the woman, don't really care much BUT have seen the media smear, distort and outright lie about good people enough to be skeptical.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Deal With Delaware: I will limit myself to two terms. (May 2008) Pledges only 2 terms, so decisions not based on keeping seat.

(Aug 2006) Identify constitutionality in every new congressional bill.

(Jul 2010) Audit federal agencies, to reform or eliminate them.

(Jul 2010) Moratorium on all earmarks until budget is balanced.

Check her out on the issues. She sounds exactly like Rand (except for foreign policy). She has an anti-bailout,, anti-capntrade, read-the-bills, enumerate-the-bills, balance-the-budget, tea party platform.

Anyone worried about economic matters should support her.

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
sarah palin was never smeared. we all saw the katie couric interview. She smeared HERSELF!

specsaregood
09-17-2010, 11:36 AM
sarah palin was never smeared. we all saw the katie couric interview. She smeared HERSELF!

If you think that proves she was never "smeared" then you need to take a logic class.

Southron
09-17-2010, 12:12 PM
You don't think a male candidate, Republican or Democrat, would get raked over the coals if he'd done/said as many stupid things as O'Donnell has done?

No I don't. The key is Republican women. Have you ever heard some of the stuff Pelosi says? And she isn't "widely known" as an idiot like Palin.

And I absolutely don't believe Romney or anyone with political connections would have any trouble, saying the same things:

It's all in what the media chooses to cover. It's just more vicious with the GOP women.

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 12:50 PM
specaregood- a logic class? that was your retort? you can do better than that. not surprised you're an O'Donnel / Palin person

erowe1
09-17-2010, 12:55 PM
specaregood- a logic class? that was your retort? you can do better than that. not surprised you're an O'Donnel / Palin person

But he's right. You hopefully don't honestly believe that the following syllogism is valid:

Sarah Palin smeared herself in the Katie Couric interview.

Therefore, Sarah Palin was never smeared.

At first it just came across as the sort of whimsical thing a person might say off the cuff. But if you're actually objecting Specsaregood's judgment of it, then that proves you should take his recommendation about that logic class.

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Did you see the interviews?

what did you think of them?

Palin groupies can never get past this question.

specsaregood
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Another instance of logic failure. Thinking Palin has been smeared by the media != palin groupie.

To answer your question: I think she came across as rather uninformed. I certainly wouldn't vote for her. I still think she has been smeared by much of the media.

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:17 PM

I don't know anything about any Palin groupies. But you're not really still disputing the fact that what you said was logically invalid, are you?

Really, please just say that you were just trying to be clever and you didn't mean it literally or something. That's what most people would have assumed anyway before you reacted that way to Specsaregood.

klamath
09-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Dude, get off his back.

This chick is a nut, why you're defending her is a more relevant question than why LibertyFan posted this article.]
I don't support the Chick as you call her. What I find interesting is a huge influx of posts and threads bashing her. Where are the the posts attacking Coons???? To me it is one of those neutral races that I don't really support either side but when people spend a inordinate amount of time singling her out to bash with nothing against the democrat I get suspect what the real motive is.

Pericles
09-17-2010, 01:19 PM
]
I don't support the Chick as you call her. What I find interesting is a huge influx of posts and threads bashing her. Where are the the posts attacking Coons???? To me it is one of those neutral races that I don't really support either side but when people spend a inordinate amount of time singling her out to bash with nothing against the democrat I get suspect what the real motive is.

This post is on target.

angelatc
09-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42321_Page2.html#ixzz0znaWqJID

She's a real piece of work.

I can pretty much assure you that there is at least one woman who used to work for me that would happily tell anybody that would listen what a horrible boss I was. Yet I still sleep at night.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:22 PM
But there is documentation of these claims? Other than that of a disgruntled ex-employee?

I don't know the woman, don't really care much BUT have seen the media smear, distort and outright lie about good people enough to be skeptical.

Well, you don't have to take the word of an ex-employee. You can get the information from the FEC (and probably a lot of independent web sites). She isn't denying the fact that her 2008 campaign left a lot of debt. She has discussed it with the press on a number of occasions, including this from http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100320/NEWS02/100902061/Delaware-politics-O-Donnell-faces-campaign-debt-back-tax-issues

"It's not unusual for candidates to have campaign debt," she said.

True. That doesn't make it good, no is it a sign of fiscal responsibility. Those people who she hung out to dry have bills to pay and families to feed. She's also been carrying this debt for 2 years- and that is a long time. BTW, 2008 was the SECOND time she left vendors unpaid and holding the bag after an unsuccessful campaign.

She has also repeatedly failed FEC paperwork. As a former candidate, I can tell you the paperwork is a bit of a PITA, but it isn't that challenging. The fact that she consistently didn't do it, or filed late, tells you this chick doesn't have her shit together.

She's also had problems paying her taxes on time and has had numerous liens against her by the IRS.

She was also in default on her mortgage, and avoided a foreclosure by selling her house to her boyfriend (who was also a campaign staffer). Geez, that's harsh, especially since he allegedly wasn't "getting any" from the 41-year old virgin.

She was also sued by her university for not paying her tuition bills.

Bottom line: This woman's life has been one financial screw up after another. She doesn't pay her bills. If it were one incident, it could be overlooked, but she shows a lifetime pattern of financial mismanagement.

"I think the fact that I have struggled financially is what makes me so sympathetic," O'Donnell said.

Yeah, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Your personal finances are a mess, your campaign finances are a mess, and you expect me to believe you are going to be a good steward of the taxpayer's money?

She says she will be responsible with our money, but her actions have consistently indicated that she is financially irresponsible. Actions speak louder than words.

O'Donnell said she pays half of her rent with campaign donations because she also uses the town home as her Senate campaign headquarters.

I'm just feeling warmer and fuzzier. Can you imagine if Ron Paul had used his campaign donations to pay for his personal residence? BTW, I never used campaign money to pay my mortgage, even though I ran my campaign out of my house. Seems like it would be unethical at the very least, and probably illegal to do so- to say nothing of screwing donors- they don't give campaign donations so the candidate can pay her freakin' rent!

LIke I said, an occasional fuck up may be an anomaly or just "someone trying to get her"- but this woman has a disturbing pattern.

Seems like she uses her campaign as source of fun money, and doesn't care who she screws in the process (all those vendors she doesn't pay).

TheTyke
09-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Hear, hear... this O'Donnell bashing is getting ridiculous. The liberty movement seems just as susceptible to jumping on bandwagons as any other group sometimes, which is disappointing. As leaders of the future, we need to rise above that - and fast.

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Your personal finances are a mess, your campaign finances are a mess, and you expect me to believe you are going to be a good steward of the taxpayer's money?

She says she will be responsible with our money, but her actions have consistently indicated that she is financially irresponsible. Actions speak louder than words.

This reasoning implies that there is some relationship between a politician's handling of personal and campaign finances and their spending of taxpayer dollars in legislation. I haven't noticed such a relationship to exist. It seems to me that a lot of the people who are most wanton with taxpayer dollars are doing pretty well themselves and often have little trouble filling their campaign coffers.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 01:27 PM
She probably thought that if she prayed really hard, God would provide? lol

OKay, I get it, she's got an "R" next to her name, and she's not an "insider"- but other than that, why would anyone support this woman?

We have enough incompetent and irresponsible idiots in Washington, we don't need to send the supreme incompetent and irresponsible idiot there to add to the problem.

I just hope there's a Libertarian in the race so voters won't have to support a crack pot like O'Donnell or her Dem. opponent.

That opponet is a marxist . They have no problem paying for things , they use your money.

YumYum
No I don't. The key is Republican women. Have you ever heard some of the stuff Pelosi says? And she isn't "widely known" as an idiot like Palin.

And I absolutely don't believe Romney or anyone with political connections would have any trouble, saying the same things:

It's all in what the media chooses to cover. It's just more vicious with the GOP women.

Not really. Karl Rove did more to smear O'Donnell than any liberal media.

libertarian4321
]
I don't support the Chick as you call her. What I find interesting is a huge influx of posts and threads bashing her. Where are the the posts attacking Coons????

I haven't seen anyone here come out and claim Coons is a good candidate and that he should be supported.

People have come out here trying to whip up support for O'Donnell.

I don't think it's unfair to point out that she's a train wreck when people are pushing her campaign.

Look, I know nothing about Coons, but I'll bet he is a terrible candidate (has there ever been a good Dem candidate ? :), but so is O'Donnell.

Neither deserves our support.

anaconda
09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe she should at least get to respond with her side of the story...

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't think it's unfair to point out that she's a train wreck when people are pushing her campaign.

For the sake of argument, let's say those personal peccadilloes are important. Do they make her more of a train wreck than a man who has cheated on his wife or been arrested for drunk driving?

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:34 PM
This reasoning implies that there is some relationship between a politician's handling of personal and campaign finances and their spending of taxpayer dollars in legislation. I haven't noticed such a relationship to exist. It seems to me that a lot of the people who are most wanton with taxpayer dollars are doing pretty well themselves and often have little trouble filling their campaign coffers.

Even if you don't think being irresponsible with your own money and your campaign money is something to worry about and even if you think a person who screws people over by not paying her debts is "a good candidate" you should be concerned that it at least shows that she's a disorganized mess. Hardly the kind of person we should look to for leadership.

If you are willing to support any candidate who is irresponsible and disorganized just because she has an "R" next to her name and claims to be fiscally conservative, then you set the standard pretty low.

Maybe I'm just too selective, but I won't support any dip shit with an "R" next to their name who occasionally says the right words (and often says the wrong ones, btw- her foreign policy ideas are frightening). If you want to throw money at this train wreck, go for it.

I'll save my money for good people.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 01:35 PM
I haven't seen anyone here come out and claim Coons is a good candidate and that he should be supported.

Look, I know nothing about Coons, but I'll bet he is a terrible candidate (has there ever been a good Dem candidate ? :), but so is O'Donnell.

Coons = another Obama/Reid commie .

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Even if you don't think being irresponsible with your own money and your campaign money is something to worry about and even if you think a person who screws people over by not paying her debts is "a good candidate" you should be concerned that it at least shows that she's a disorganized mess. Hardly the kind of person we should look to for leadership.

I disagree. When I'm a victim of armed robbery, if I'm given the choice between having the perpetrator of the crime be a disorganized mess or a savant who is notably efficient in all he does, I would opt for the former.

And why did you include of the word "leadership" in the above quote? Do you look to your senators to lead you?

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:38 PM
For the sake of argument, let's say those personal peccadilloes are important. Do they make her more of a train wreck than a man who has cheated on his wife or been arrested for drunk driving?

In my opinion, those two events, while not good, are less bad than being a disorganized mess like O'Donnell. I'm assuming, of course, that the guy in question is an otherwise squared away person.

BTW, those financial screw ups are only part of the reason I find O'Donnell to be unacceptable.

I haven't even started on her neocon foreign policy views or her nutty social views.

Other than the fact that she's decent looking, has an "R" next to her name, and occasionally says the right thing politically, why should we be excited about supporting this ding bat? Am I missing something?

specsaregood
09-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Other than the fact that she's decent looking, has an "R" next to her name, and occasionally says the right thing politically, why should we be excited about supporting this ding bat? Am I missing something?

Who exactly here is arguing that we should get excited about supporting her?

I think most are just arguing against joining in on the pile-on currently in place. She has a better chance of joining us in support of some issues than Coons does.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I disagree. When I'm a victim of armed robbery, if I'm given the choice between having the perpetrator of the crime be a disorganized mess or a savant who is notably efficient in all he does, I would opt for the former.

Lol, I guess for a robber that would be true.

So you are saying we should support O'Donnell because of her extraordinary incompetence?

I've got to admit, that's an interesting point of view :)

But I won't be sending her a check anytime soon- she can get someone else to pay her rent.

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
If you are willing to support any candidate who is irresponsible and disorganized just because she has an "R" next to her name and claims to be fiscally conservative, then you set the standard pretty low.

You keep using this "any candidate with an R next to her name" line. Where are you coming up with this? Who here do you think is doing that?

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Coons = another Obama/Reid commie .

Okay.

So Coons sucks and O'Donnell sucks.

Is there a Libertarian running?

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Lol, I guess for a robber that would be true.

So you are saying we should support O'Donnell because of her extraordinary incompetence?

I've got to admit, that's an interesting point of view :)

But I won't be sending her a check anytime soon- she can get someone else to pay her rent.

I have never once said that I support O'Donnell.

I just don't think very much of your reasons for not supporting her.

anaconda
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
In my opinion, those two events, while not good, are less bad than being a disorganized mess like O'Donnell. I'm assuming, of course, that the guy in question is an otherwise squared away person.

BTW, those financial screw ups are only part of the reason I find O'Donnell to be unacceptable.

I haven't even started on her neocon foreign policy views or her nutty social views.

The excitement is simple. It is fun to see the old elitist GOP power cabal turned on its head by regular citizens beating their hand-picked cronies. In fact, the more train-wreckish they are the bigger the insult. It is a shot over the bow that "We have come to take our government back." It's not that she is a particularly good candidate that makes people a bit giddy..Of course we all wish that we would be having Ron Paul/Adam Kokesh/B.J. Lawson types winning these primaries. As the Revolution progresses we will replace the O'Donnells with the true liberty platform candidates. We are making great progress. Rand should be a source of pride and sense of accomplishment for us, even if he fails to win.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
You keep using this "any candidate with an R next to her name" line. Where are you coming up with this? Who here do you think is doing that?

Okay, then why do you support her?

Because she (sometimes) says the right thing politically or because you think she's "hot?"

BTW, 90% of the Republicans in congress talk the same fiscally conservative game as O'Donnell. Doesn't mean they act like that once they get to office.

But people still vote for the "R."

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Okay, then why do you support her?

Because she (sometimes) says the right thing politically or because you think she's "hot?"

Where are you getting the idea that I support her?

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 01:45 PM
I go "palin smeared herself" with how obviously uninformed she was . "not a palin supporters" respond "thats not possible. she didn't smear herself, do you know the definition of smear? do you knowp the defiintion of herself? "

trying too hard guys.

we shold all be on the CRITICAL THINKING bandwagon and this lady has a lot of dirt that bears consideration.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:46 PM
The excitement is simple. It is fun to see the old elitist GOP power cabal turned on its head by regular citizens beating their hand-picked cronies. In fact, the more train-wreckish they are the bigger the insult. It is a shot over the bow that "We have come to take our government back." It's not that she is a particularly good candidate that makes people a bit giddy..

We've "taken our government back" by putting an idiot in the Senate?

Well, okay. If that floats your boat. Not really what I'm trying to accomplish, though.

I'd prefer to see competent fiscal conservatives in office.

klamath
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM

It is either Coons or her, nobody else is going to win. When it is over the top bashing her it is support for Coons. There is some questions on how she would vote but there is no question Coons will continue to back Obama's agenda just like Castle would have.

YumYum
09-17-2010, 01:48 PM
this lady has a lot of dirt that bears consideration.

Yes, but out of the dirt comes nourishing vegetation.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I go "palin smeared herself" with how obviously uninformed she was . "not a palin supporters" respond "thats not possible. she didn't smear herself, do you know the definition of smear? do you knowp the defiintion of herself? "

trying too hard guys.

we shold all be on the CRITICAL THINKING bandwagon and this lady has a lot of dirt that bears consideration.

I really think O'Donnell is a gift to Palin.

I'm no fan of Palin, but next to O'Donnell, she looks like a towering pillar of intellect, competence, and leadership.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Okay.

So Coons sucks and O'Donnell sucks.

We will have to look . This is Delaware . A vote for anyone else is as good as a vote for Coons .

oyarde
09-17-2010, 01:50 PM
It is either Coons or her, nobody else is going to win. When it is over the top bashing her it is support for Coons. There is some questions on how she would vote but there is no question Coons will continue to back Obama's agenda just like Castle would have.

Correct .

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:50 PM

Well, I'm sure as Hell not going to support Coons.

But I guarantee I'm not going to support an inept neocon dip shit like O'Donnell, either.

I'll save my money for better candidates like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Justin Amash.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:51 PM
We will have to look . This is Delaware . A vote for anyone else is as good as a vote for Coons .

Ahh, the old "support for the lesser evil" argument.

I think I'll pass.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 01:52 PM

But I guarantee I'm not going to support an inept neocon dip shit like O'Donnell, either.

I'll save my money for better candidates like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Justin Amash.

Ron is a great idea.

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Ron is a great idea.

Yeah, Ron is the best. Ron Paul 2012!

I have some reservations about Rand, but nothing that I can't overlook- though I'll admit my enthusiasm (and financial support) has waned a bit as the campaign went along.

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 01:55 PM
yeah ron pauls seems good does he have a website

I'm no fan of Palin, but next to O'Donnell, she looks like a towering pillar of intellect, competence, and leadership

I saw some thing of wacky Palin quotes. like anyone is ever gonna touch george bush. it's like come on

Imaginos
09-17-2010, 01:55 PM
You criticize O'Donnell? :eek:
How dare you! :mad:
O'Donnell is the epitome of what real conservatives stand for!
We should condemning masturbation just like O'Donnell because we are holier than everybody else!
We should condemning Iran as 'Devil' just like O'Donnell because we have to spread our virtues all over the world by killing and bombing!
Hail O'Donnell!
Hail neocon establishment Tea party!
Hail Military Industrial Complex!
Let us nuke Iran and all the other heathens because they are evil!
O'Donnell/ Palin 2012!
Let's just blow this planet up!
I'd be fun!

oyarde
09-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Ahh, the old "support for the lesser evil" argument.

I think I'll pass.

Lesser evil is all you will ever get East or West Coast Welfare states .

klamath
09-17-2010, 01:57 PM

That's good, I am not sending money to her either. I haven't seen anyone say to send money to her but I have seen an over the top one way bashing of her and people getting a little upset about the onesidedness of it.

YumYum
09-17-2010, 02:10 PM
We should condemning masterbation just like O'Donnell because we are holier than everybody else!

O'Donnell condemns me for playing with myself? (Is there a youtube of her passing judgment against masturbators? No wonder why Rove attacked her. Rove likes to masterbate while having his toes licked. (or, do I have him confused with someone else?:confused:)

anaconda
09-17-2010, 02:13 PM
We've "taken our government back" by putting an idiot in the Senate?

Well, okay. If that floats your boat. Not really what I'm trying to accomplish, though.

I'd prefer to see competent fiscal conservatives in office.

It is not fair that you cut off the rest of my post when you cut and pasted. I stated clearly that she is not what we are trying to accomplish.

rubber
09-17-2010, 02:17 PM
What worries me is people like her become the "face" of the movement.

Her social views oppose liberty IMO.

Sure, everyone can have the freedom to practice their beliefs in their private lives. But, don't shove them down my throat.

erowe1
09-17-2010, 02:19 PM

Could you elaborate on that? What social views does she have that oppose liberty?

I'm not saying she doesn't. I honestly don't know.

Or is it just that you're mad that she doesn't like rubbers?

oyarde
09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
What worries me is people like her become the "face" of the movement.

Sure, everyone can have the freedom to practice their beliefs in their private lives. But, don't shove them down my throat.

That is true and she will not be a face . Those social views are states issues . As a Senator , the important part is fiscal and Constitutional views . Make some bumper stickers ," Defeat marxism , Vote O'donnell "

YumYum
09-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Those social views are states issues .

I agree. Masturbation is a states' issue.

erowe1
09-17-2010, 02:28 PM

You can only do it in a certain state. I won't elaborate.

Sola_Fide
09-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Dude, she never argued that "masturbation should be outlawed". That is the stupid Leftist talking point.

She was part of a feminist anti-abortion group (Concerned Women Of America) that promoted abstinence and women's values.

erowe1
09-17-2010, 02:32 PM
She was part of an feminist anti-abortion group (Concerned Women Of America) that promoted abstinence and women's values.

What makes you call CWA feminist? I think they're rather anti-feminist as feminism is usually defined today.

specsaregood
09-17-2010, 02:33 PM
She was part of a feminist anti-abortion group (Concerned Women Of America) that promoted abstinence and women's values.

Note: that group also endorsed Rand Paul early on and was very helpful in him winning the primary.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 02:34 PM
You all have to seroiusly stop with the masturbation talk . Some undercover democrat will read this and want to tax it .

TheTyke
09-17-2010, 04:13 PM

That's irrelevant sadly.

For my part, I'm worried about the face of our movement wanting to shove hedonism down everyone's throats. I thought we were about reducing the size of government, not forcing everyone to agree with our personal world views?

lester1/2jr
09-17-2010, 05:53 PM
eventually a sex tape is going to turn up

libertarian4321
09-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Dude, she never argued that "masturbation should be outlawed". That is the stupid Leftist talking point.

Masturbation is abstinence and no one ever needed an abortion because somebody masturbated.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 06:05 PM
eventually a sex tape is going to turn up

Quit going through my things . :)

Imaginos
09-17-2010, 07:00 PM
O'Donnell condemns me for playing with myself? (Is there a youtube of her passing judgment against masturbators?
Hey YumYum, watch below video from 02:00.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/christine-odonnell-opposes-masturbation-in-mtv-documentary-11651412